(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  One of my favorite wineries is in Nashville, GA.  If you're ever down there, you should cheek out Horse Creek Winery.  Their port is really good, and they have frozen wine by the glass.
*ears perk up* I must know what frozen wine is!  Is it like a slushy?

Yes, a yummy adult slushie.  They have 2 flavors, but I can't remember what they are.  They may switch them out periodically.

Yes JamieO. I got 2 dupe boxes this month both exactly as you described. Look at box 8. That's what I got with nothing else in there--Liz Earle, Pop Beauty, and Fakeup. Nothing else but the Chapstick. True, we don't know how the points will be treated, but I was already upset that in reality I only got 3 products besides the freebie Chapstick. (I just can't stomach them counting the Liz Earle as 2 *unless* it is in a 5 item box making it Liz Earle plus 3). So, we know for sure that the box pages for these boxes aren't going to be updated. 3 products (4 if you count 1 as 2, which I don't). This we know. The points issue we don't know. That part is speculation. But as far as I am concerned, *if* Liz Earle counts as one review, this adds insult to injury. This is regardless of whether we can review the Chapstick because all those who got Liz Earle + 2 products would get 40 total points whereas other boxes would get 50 or 60 total points. Really not trying to dwell. But I wanted to answer your question because you (and I think several others) thought those box pages might be missing an item. They are not. I actually have 2 boxes to prove it. Hope this at least helps you understand my viewpoint, even if you disagree.  :happy:  
Yeah I think a lot of us are just curious, like I pointed out before on Instagram these Liz plus Chapstick plus two have been all over Instagram so it's not speculation.

Quote: Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, a yummy adult slushie.  They have 2 flavors, but I can't remember what they are.  They may switch them out periodically.
How yummy does that sound?! Another yummy winery, for you FL members, is San Sebastian Winery in St. Augustine.  Again, an amazing port.  Unfortunately, neither winery will ship to TN, so I only got each once.

One of my favorite wineries is in Nashville, GA.  If you're ever down there, you should cheek out Horse Creek Winery.  Their port is really good, and they have frozen wine by the glass.
Omg!!! I have to do this! My fiance and I love wine and we're always looking for stuff to do.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg!!! I have to do this! My fiance and I love wine and we're always looking for stuff to do. It's easy to spend a whole day there just enjoying the relaxing environment, sipping on the frozen wine.

I just got my box today and have to say I'm actually pretty bummed.

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb15

I have been able to find at least one product during that past 8 months that I liked, but not in this one. It seemed like a lot of people were excited about the Liz Earle, but I can't even use that bc it has beeswax which my skin does not like. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was really hoping to at least get the Stainiac!

Wow these box weights keep getting biggaaaaa I'm curious to see why. Mine is still the lightest listed and I've been trying to figure out what it could be, especially with all the heavy items this month

Very cool.  MN just started getting more wineries in the recent years because the U of M had to develop cold-hearty grapes first.  Before that, I think there was like 2 wineries in the whole state and they had to bury the vines underground each year. 

I think I'm going to have to Bill Nye a wine slushy tonight and see what I can come up with.
smile.gif

Regarding the cleanser and cloth and points issue... didn't this same thing happen when we received the Davines 3 step system?  It counted as

two products (large shampoo, small conditioner and oil)...yet we only received 10 points for the total review.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Very cool.  MN just started getting more wineries in the recent years because the U of M had to develop cold-hearty grapes first.  Before that, I think there was like 2 wineries in the whole state and they had to bury the vines underground each year.

I think I'm going to have to Bill Nye a wine slushy tonight and see what I can come up with.
smile.gif

I dont live in GA but... Just recently my husband and I went to the state fair and they had a booth with a mix to make wine slushies at home! It is like the greatest invention ever! Annnddd... you can order it online! Here is the link! store.dmarieinc.com/frappe-vino---frozen-wine--cocktail-slush-mix-p23....‎

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in Macon so you might be closer (still don't have my Georgia geography down yet). I got my tracking on Monday if I remember correctly.
We're probably about equally as far away from Atlanta then. But, I would be willing to bet yours funnels from Atlanta to Macon and then gets delivered. Since mine has to go to Chattanooga first, I'm still surprised yours doesn't come sooner. But then, I've only visited Macon one or two times, so I'm not super familiar with it. There was a tapas restaurant I remember trying there. Don't recall the name, but they had a wonderful salad with a coconut milk based dressing. I generally detest salad dressing, but I asked for this one on the side and ended up pouring it all over my salad. So yummy! If the restaurant still exists and you can find it, I'd say it would be worth a try one night.

Second box came in!! Like I thought my box had a hair product sample

Weight was .62

The lip gloss was in another color though, so I got Flowering Fuchsia in my other box and Floating Rose in this one.

Quote: Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow these box weights keep getting biggaaaaa I'm curious to see why. Mine is still the lightest listed and I've been trying to figure out what it could be, especially with all the heavy items this month
my main account is .47  ikr? no clue what could be in this box

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my box this morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sure there were some I would have liked more, but I am happy. Excited to try everything! I think I will end up buying the Liz Earle Cleanser... I am just going to wait and see what everyone thinks of it first. So if you got it... post away
biggrin.gif

Oh my box weight was .5050

BOX 38

That's my box weight! I would be mostly ok with this box. 

Latest posts

Back