(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That was me!  That also answers another question I had:  What kind of tingle?  I'm on board with minty, but I *hate* the non-minty plumping gloss tingle (see:  Buxom).

(And for the record, the whole letter thing was my apparently-too-subtle "Here's a solution. Can we *drop this* until we *know* whether there's actually anything to freak out about?"  And I don't think that there *is* anything to freak out a four-item box one month about because it most months are five-item months with the occasional six-item box.  I've even had a seven-item box.  It all averages out over the long run, just like when you get a high-value item one month and followed by a box worth less with all items added together than the one high-value item the previous month.  I think that people are doing a disservice to Birchbox if they view it in single-month snapshots.  To me, the value -- not just in the box value but in the making-educated-purchasing-decisions value -- is over the long run.  I've had multiple four-item boxes complete with multiple items I can't use due to allergies, and I've just shrugged at my bad luck for that month and moved on because for every four-item-with-allergy-triggers box, I know there will be a six-item box with things I *can* use later on.)

Katia mentioned a tingle in the video, but I didn't really notice one.  I am not a fan of the buxom tingle, either.

Got my box this morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sure there were some I would have liked more, but I am happy. Excited to try everything! I think I will end up buying the Liz Earle Cleanser... I am just going to wait and see what everyone thinks of it first. So if you got it... post away
biggrin.gif

Oh my box weight was .5050

BOX 38

Quote: Originally Posted by plumplant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Clicky truck!!!! MONSTER box with weight of .780!!!

blink.gif
 wow!

one of my friends is still waiting on a clicky truck and is getting annoyed (it's only her second month so she doesn't get that the ship date varies), maybe she's getting one of these boxes!

Good morning!  Long time lurker, first time poster!

I finally got clicky truck this morning!! 
bud.gif

But the info isn't updated...
bringiton.gif

This will be my 3rd BB and I'm hoping it's as good as my first two were.   

Quote: Originally Posted by CaitlinK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi!!

I see you all saying that BB does no repeats, but if we all got Ruffian last month, why is it in some variations??  Sorry, newbie here. I just don't understand these things yet!
icon_redface.gif

Welcome!

Box pages go up to 50 now. I hope my heavy box doesn't mean I'm getting the Bain de Terre shampoo/conditioner. I am always bummed when I get shampoo in my BB

Quote: Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My box finally shipped.  Weight is .62, to arrive estimated for this coming Monday.  I can't remember if anybody has posted box contents for that weight yet, and I can't decide if I want to go look and spoil it... decisions, decisions...

ETA: Spoiler didn't see a first you didn't want it spoiled :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think there might be multiple boxes with that weight though (I hope!) since my profile says thin and straight hair and that Miss Jessie's is for curly hair. Other than that though the box looks good--I'm one of the few people that loves the perfume samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by ddave /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The .62 lbs weight is supposedly for box 15:

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb15

I think there might be multiple boxes with that weight though (I hope!) since my profile says thin and straight hair and that Miss Jessie's is for curly hair. Other than that though the box looks good--I'm one of the few people that loves the perfume samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

there's another variation that has the miss jessie's conditioner instead of curls, but everything else is the same. my box weight is .62 and i'm hoping that's what i'm getting since i don't have curly hair. i imagine those boxes would have similar weights.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

there's another variation that has the miss jessie's conditioner instead of curls, but everything else is the same. my box weight is .62 and i'm hoping that's what i'm getting since i don't have curly hair. i imagine those boxes would have similar weights.
Thanks!  I'm really looking forward to getting that face wash stuff and the perfume...if it turns out that there's not like 10 different boxes with that weight 

any boxes with a .500 weight arrive yet? I saw some post yesterday about it...

My box just arrived!  I received https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb33  I'm really excited for this box!  I can't wait to try the 12 Benefits and the dr. brandt microdermabrasion.  I'm not too sure about the whitening cleanser system.     I'm putting the chapstick in the trade/gift pile.  I'm going to give the stainiac a try, see how I like it.  
That's a nice box. I wouldn't mind getting that one.

Finally a clicky truck!!!!! Happy dance :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. 
marchmellow.gif
  0.5530 delivery Oct 14 - I should get it earlier though. Has anyone gotten/seen a box with this weight?
Sounds like we're box twins! Haven't seen anyone else with this weight. Fingers crossed it's a good one!

I tried my Stainiac. Surpised how much I liked it. So much better than Benetint. I am going to have to buy a full size.

Thanks!  I'm really looking forward to getting that face wash stuff and the perfume...if it turns out that there's not like 10 different boxes with that weight 
I know right? I'm anxiously hoping for the face stuff and perfume!!

Latest posts

Back