(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have a couple of letters that everyone who got a Liz Earle box can feel free to copy and email.  I'm kind of interested to find out what they would do if they got a bunch of emails with the exact same text since they reply to us with the exact same text a lot of the time.  If they allow feedback on the Chapstick but not the cloth *and* the cleanser:

If the Chapstick is not reviewable:

I have no clue what boxes I'm getting, so I don't really have a horse in the race at the moment, although I seem to have somehow convinced myself that I will be getting box 8/9 (I'm not really concerned with the points, though, since I'm a point hoarder who just kind of shoves them in the points bank and ignores them until there's something super amazing that I just *have* to have at a time when I have no money).  I don't have any clue why that is the case, either.  I still don't have tracking for my second box, so that's even more of a mystery.  

Thanks for this Meaganola. If I need to use it, I will. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wrote a haiku to express my current feelings. 

Have no clicky truck

No Birchbox joy for me now

Really want my stuff.

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have no clicky truck

Really want my stuff.

I wrote one too:

When will my box come

Post Office won't give it up

Give me my stuff now

I wrote a haiku to express my current feelings.  Have no clicky truck No Birchbox joy for me now Really want my stuff.
Lol! ditto (x2) for me

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have no clicky truck

Really want my stuff.

Quote: Originally Posted by misslaurelann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wrote one too:

When will my box come

Post Office won't give it up

Give me my stuff now
So awesome! I'm in the same boat, and yet alas, I am not creative.

No clicky trucks here either. I conveniently forgot to cancel my second account this month. Darn! Weird that they're both unclicky though.

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is exactly what I was thinking. Has anyone actually physically received a box with the Liz Earl stuff+2 samples+Chapstick? Because I really don't think (if the Liz earl counts as 1 product and you hypothetically can't review the Chapstick) that BB would send out a box with only 3 items to review. I also agree that I've never seen a BB find that hasn't been reviewable. Let's just wait and see what happens when the box pages update...

Yes JamieO. I got 2 dupe boxes this month both exactly as you described. Look at box 8. That's what I got with nothing else in there--Liz Earle, Pop Beauty, and Fakeup. Nothing else but the Chapstick. True, we don't know how the points will be treated, but I was already upset that in reality I only got 3 products besides the freebie Chapstick. (I just can't stomach them counting the Liz Earle as 2 *unless* it is in a 5 item box making it Liz Earle plus 3). So, we know for sure that the box pages for these boxes aren't going to be updated. 3 products (4 if you count 1 as 2, which I don't). This we know.

The points issue we don't know. That part is speculation. But as far as I am concerned, *if* Liz Earle counts as one review, this adds insult to injury. This is regardless of whether we can review the Chapstick because all those who got Liz Earle + 2 products would get 40 total points whereas other boxes would get 50 or 60 total points. Really not trying to dwell. But I wanted to answer your question because you (and I think several others) thought those box pages might be missing an item. They are not. I actually have 2 boxes to prove it. Hope this at least helps you understand my viewpoint, even if you disagree. 

happy.gif

Shipping finally updated! And it's in my state!! Wooo! Did anyone else use the BirchBox email to sign up for stitchfix? It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile so it was a good opportunity... except I don't see the $10 credit in my account. :-(

The liz earle was a little oily for me, but I haven't used it since moving to a totally different climate, soooo maybe now it will work better for me. I did definitely use up a whole tube though, which is really rare for me. 

I love birchbox for this. I am always reminded of products I already own and I get excited to use again when everybody is talking about using their samples. Love it.

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I heard the mailman open the gate downstairs and literally ran to the door so I could get my box, haha

Here is box 15 and I am so psyched on it.  I had a feeling this would be one of the ones I would get, because I have curly hair marked.  I already own Jelly soft curls, but I will depot pillow soft curls and it will be great for traveling.

I want that box!

It's been a full 48 hours since I got my shipping email and still no weight yet....arghhh.

But, I did see someone post that you can get a year sub for 15% off now with the code GLAMLATINA15
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by misslaurelann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I, too, have one of the many .62 lb boxes! Mine says it's in Boston, so hopefully it'll get to me today! It said the projected delivery date to be the 12th but I really hope it's here today! Also, thanks to all who responded about the curl cream. I looked at my profile and it doesn't look like I had a hair texture, other than damaged and chemically treated, checked! 
icon_eek.gif
 So here's hoping I still don't get it! I have straight checked now, though! All I want is the fakeup!

I got the Fakeup and like you I really wanted to try it out of curiosity. I've only tried it once but my first impression was that it is too shiny due to the moisturizer tube. Who wants to highlight their undereye circles and puffiness, lol?! Anyway, it just so happens I found the light a touch too dark for me as well. So that's an extra problem. But the shininess alone turned me off big time. I would say 'don't feel too bad if you don't get it' but I know how it feels to want something so badly. You just want to try it for yourself no matter what anyone else says. Nonetheless, it is probably the worst Benefit product I've ever tried. Hope that helps a little if you don't get it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the Fakeup and like you I really wanted to try it out of curiosity. I've only tried it once but my first impression was that it is too shiny due to the moisturizer tube. Who wants to highlight their undereye circles and puffiness, lol?! Anyway, it just so happens I found the light a touch too dark for me as well. So that's an extra problem. But the shininess alone turned me off big time. I would say 'don't feel too bad if you don't get it' but I know how it feels to want something so badly. You just want to try it for yourself no matter what anyone else says. Nonetheless, it is probably the worst Benefit product I've ever tried. Hope that helps a little if you don't get it.

I don't have my box yet but I'm kind of hoping I don't get the fakeup- I've used it before at a Benefit location, the girl did my makeup during a Birchbox event.. she put it on and was like "oh that's shiny." and now I use their Erase Paste almost exclusively.. I mix the light and medium together and it works really well buffed in with my Expert Face Brush from Real Techniques.  Works wonders to get rid of those pesky under eye circles!  Still looking for something else to make my whole eye area look one color before I contour/highlight, but for now, the erase paste does the trick.

For anyone that received a Staniac is it the same color/shade as the one we received last June I received Beauty queen ?????

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  my box should most likely be here tomorrow! one city away right now, the perks of living beside atlanta.
I was shocked my boxes came so quickly. They go to Atlanta first and then Chattanooga before coming down to Dalton, GA. But the day after they were logged in at Chattanooga, they were in my box. I would have thought yours would have gotten to you even quicker if you are that much closer to Atlanta. Hmm???

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's been a full 48 hours since I got my shipping email and still no weight yet....arghhh.

But, I did see someone post that you can get a year sub for 15% off now with the code GLAMLATINA15
smile.gif

Of course there is a code. I just upgraded a few days ago. lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For anyone that received a Staniac is it the same color/shade as the one we received last June I received Beauty queen ?????
Mine is Beauty Queen. Love the color.

I was shocked my boxes came so quickly. They go to Atlanta first and then Chattanooga before coming down to Dalton, GA. But the day after they were logged in at Chattanooga, they were in my box. I would have thought yours would have gotten to you even quicker if you are that much closer to Atlanta. Hmm???
I'm in Macon so you might be closer (still don't have my Georgia geography down yet). I got my tracking on Monday if I remember correctly.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The one I received is Beauty Queen.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in Macon so you might be closer (still don't have my Georgia geography down yet). I got my tracking on Monday if I remember correctly. One of my favorite wineries is in Nashville, GA.  If you're ever down there, you should cheek out Horse Creek Winery.  Their port is really good, and they have frozen wine by the glass.

Quote: Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  One of my favorite wineries is in Nashville, GA.  If you're ever down there, you should cheek out Horse Creek Winery.  Their port is really good, and they have frozen wine by the glass.
*ears perk up* I must know what frozen wine is!  Is it like a slushy?

Latest posts

Back