(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really don't get the uproar over this 40 vs 50 vs 60 point thing, either. It's only 10 points or $1. Yeah, it can be slightly annoying being at 90 points or whatever, but you'll get a box with 6 reviewable products at some point and it will even out.
I also can't see bb changing the policy over a small minority freaking out over $1's worth of a view. They probably will view it as "not that big of a deal" (because really- it's not).

Ps. If you really need that 10 points, if you cancel your sub and resign up, you get 10 points again. (Also there is no waitlist).

claps.gif

This is why I tried not to care too much when my Davines-3 step was only 1 item. Yeah, it was annoying, but in the long run those extra points wouldn't change the experience so I figured there was no point getting hung up over it.

I really don't get the uproar over this 40 vs 50 vs 60 point thing, either. It's only 10 points or $1. Yeah, it can be slightly annoying being at 90 points or whatever, but you'll get a box with 6 reviewable products at some point and it will even out. I also can't see bb changing the policy over a small minority freaking out over $1's worth of a view. They probably will view it as "not that big of a deal" (because really- it's not). Ps. If you really need that 10 points, if you cancel your sub and resign up, you get 10 points again. (Also there is no waitlist).
True. It was just a suggestion though, not like I'm leading some massive campaign about it or anything. Just chat on a board ;-) I'd forgotten about the unsub/resub trick though so I will try that next time I get stuck at x90 and want to cash out points. Eta: sorry if this wasn't directed at me but since I was the one who suggested the flat 50 point thing I thought I'd answer. There was really no "uproar" or "freaking out" in my post.

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What I don't get is why we're making a fuss about it when the box pages won't even update until tomorrow! This all seems like very premature freakage to me. Let's moooooove on and wait until we actually have a reason to get perturbed.

Yes!

I can't find the post but someone asked about the pop beauty gloss:

I wore all last night and did not find it very sticky on the lips.  It's not as smooth as the benefit or cargo glosses, but it is way less sticky than the stila lip glazes or the bare escentual's buxom glosses.  I think it might be on par with the jouer lip gloss bb has sent out in the past regarding stickiness.  It seems scary when you open it because the paddle makes it seem super sticky and goopy but it doesn't feel that way on the mouth.

My favorite part about this product though is the scent.  It smells like candy canes and gets me so excited for cooler weather every time I put it on.  The smell doesn't last that long so I found myself reapplying it just to smell it again.  This is nuts for me because I am not a lipgloss person AND I grew up in central florida before moving to Baltimore for college and I still can not handle the cold.  Anything that gets me psyched on weather less than 65 degrees is impressive (It was 58 last night and I ran from my house to my car because I was freezing- for reference).  It reminds me of some of the candy cane glosses philosophy has come out with, only not as sickly sweet and definitely not texture-wise.

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True. It was just a suggestion though, not like I'm leading some massive campaign about it or anything. Just chat on a board ;-)

I'd forgotten about the unsub/resub trick though so I will try that next time I get stuck at x90 and want to cash out points.

Eta: sorry if this wasn't directed at me but since I was the one who suggested the flat 50 point thing I thought I'd answer. There was really no "uproar" or "freaking out" in my post.

Not directed at you- there was definitely some freaking out last night though and has been in the past regarding 40 points

Yes!

I wore all last night and did not find it very sticky on the lips.  It's not as smooth as the benefit or cargo glosses, but it is way less sticky than the stila lip glazes or the bare escentual's buxom glosses.  I think it might be on par with the jouer lip gloss bb has sent out in the past regarding stickiness.  It seems scary when you open it because the paddle makes it seem super sticky and goopy but it doesn't feel that way on the mouth.

My favorite part about this product though is the scent.  It smells like candy canes and gets me so excited for cooler weather every time I put it on.  The smell doesn't last that long so I found myself reapplying it just to smell it again.  This is nuts for me because I am not a lipgloss person AND I grew up in central florida before moving to Baltimore for college and I still can not handle the cold.  Anything that gets me psyched on weather less than 65 degrees is impressive (It was 58 last night and I ran from my house to my car because I was freezing- for reference).  It reminds me of some of the candy cane glosses philosophy has come out with, only not as sickly sweet and definitely not texture-wise.

Thanks for the info on the lip gloss.  Now I know for sure if I receive it, it's going in my trade/gift pile.  I hate even remotely sticky lip glosses and I hate candy canes and the smell of candy canes.  

Finally a clicky truck!!!!! Happy dance :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. 
marchmellow.gif
  0.5530 delivery Oct 14 - I should get it earlier though. Has anyone gotten/seen a box with this weight?

many of us do!!  it will be interesting to see if we all get the same box....  i *think*  that box 15 was this weight??  i am quoting from memory so I could be way way off--I am sure someone else can confirm this for us

Quote: Originally Posted by bwgraham /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  many of us do!!  it will be interesting to see if we all get the same box....  i *think*  that box 15 was this weight??  i am quoting from memory so I could be way way off--I am sure someone else can confirm this for us

What is in Box 15? Or where do I find this information?

My box for this month is .6280. Typically whenever my box is that heavy it's hair products. I haven't looked at any of the boxes/teasers/spoilers, etc. so I really don't know what to expect.

Is anyone else feeling like there is a very small range of items in this months box? As I'm going through the boxes I feel like they are all variations of each other ( I swear a few times I had seen that one before)

Yes!

That was me!  That also answers another question I had:  What kind of tingle?  I'm on board with minty, but I *hate* the non-minty plumping gloss tingle (see:  Buxom).

(And for the record, the whole letter thing was my apparently-too-subtle "Here's a solution. Can we *drop this* until we *know* whether there's actually anything to freak out about?"  And I don't think that there *is* anything to freak out a four-item box one month about because it most months are five-item months with the occasional six-item box.  I've even had a seven-item box.  It all averages out over the long run, just like when you get a high-value item one month and followed by a box worth less with all items added together than the one high-value item the previous month.  I think that people are doing a disservice to Birchbox if they view it in single-month snapshots.  To me, the value -- not just in the box value but in the making-educated-purchasing-decisions value -- is over the long run.  I've had multiple four-item boxes complete with multiple items I can't use due to allergies, and I've just shrugged at my bad luck for that month and moved on because for every four-item-with-allergy-triggers box, I know there will be a six-item box with things I *can* use later on.)

My box finally shipped.  Weight is .62, to arrive estimated for this coming Monday.  I can't remember if anybody has posted box contents for that weight yet, and I can't decide if I want to go look and spoil it... decisions, decisions...

FWIW, you can review the Chapstick in the store (well, not yet, after the 10th) but that's a pretty good sign it'll be worth the points :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This month is my first birchbox, I got my tracking email yesterday. I'm excited! 

Latest posts

Back