(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got to review the pen and the Ghiradelli chocolate square, I'm pretty sure we will get to review the Chapstick :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do not have curly hair marked on my profile and in March 2012 I got 3 Miss Jessie's products.  All were for curly hair and before they started saying they were for "all hair types."  I got Curly Pudding.  Maybe they have altered their profiles since then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As long as you don't have curly hair marked on your profile, you should be safe.

I have a couple of letters that everyone who got a Liz Earle box can feel free to copy and email.  I'm kind of interested to find out what they would do if they got a bunch of emails with the exact same text since they reply to us with the exact same text a lot of the time.  If they allow feedback on the Chapstick but not the cloth *and* the cleanser:

Quote:   Hello --

I have received my October Birchbox, but I am confused.  There are only four items to review on my box page, and one of those items is the Chapstick.  It is my understanding that Birchboxes are supposed to contain a minimum of four items and that the Chapstick is a Birchbox Find that did not replace one of my items, so it would seem that the Liz Earle cloth is counted as a separate item from the cleanser, but I am not able to review it separately.  This means as far as reviews go, I only received four items, not the five reflected on my box card!  Is there any plan to correct the box pages to reflect the fact that the cloth and cleanser are apparently considered separate items so we can get a standard number of feedback points for this box?  

Thank you,

[insert name here]
If the Chapstick is not reviewable:

Quote:   Hello --

I have received my October Birchbox, but I am confused.  There are only four items to review on my box page, and one of those items is the Chapstick.  It is my understanding that Birchboxes are supposed to contain a minimum of four items and that the Chapstick is a Birchbox Find that did not replace one of my items, so it would seem that the Liz Earle cloth is counted as a separate item from the cleanser, but I am not able to review it separately -- *and* I am unable to review the Chapstick.  This means as far as reviews go, I only received three items, not the five reflected on my box card!  Is there any plan to correct the box pages to reflect the fact that the cloth and cleanser are apparently considered separate items so we can get a standard number of feedback points for this box as well as to allow us to do reviews and get feedback points on the Chapstick?  

Thank you,

[insert name here]

I have no clue what boxes I'm getting, so I don't really have a horse in the race at the moment, although I seem to have somehow convinced myself that I will be getting box 8/9 (I'm not really concerned with the points, though, since I'm a point hoarder who just kind of shoves them in the points bank and ignores them until there's something super amazing that I just *have* to have at a time when I have no money).  I don't have any clue why that is the case, either.  I still don't have tracking for my second box, so that's even more of a mystery.  

am i missing something? i wasn't aware that the chapstick wasn't reviewable, i feel like we're really jumping gun here since pages haven't even updated yet and i haven't seen any boxes that were only four reviewable items including the birchbox find.

i guess it just seems weird to see people plan out complaints before even knowing what they're getting.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  am i missing something? i wasn't aware that the chapstick wasn't reviewable, i feel like we're really jumping gun here since pages haven't even updated yet and i haven't seen any boxes that were only four reviewable items including the birchbox find.

i guess it just seems weird to see people plan out complaints before even knowing what they're getting.
The Chapstick thing is speculation.  Most of the boxes I've seen with Liz Earle products (of the Stainiac-free boxes, that would be boxes 1, 2, 8, 9, 26, 32, 43) except boxes 15 and 40 have four items listed.  There are a few pages of fury about this, and I was just trying to come up with a solution now so we can talk about other things -- because we haven't seen the final official live box pages yet.  We've seen what they have up now, but they still have about a day and a half (or two and a half days, if they decide to update on the 11th again) before those pages go official.  They might still be working on fixing this, and then all of this uproar will have been for nothing, but we would still have another day and a half of this to slog through between now and then.  Sometimes just having a contingency plan helps stop the obsessing over what could go wrong.

What I want to know is this:  What is the Pop Beauty gloss like?  Texture-wise, what does it compare to?  Is it slick like the benefit glosses?  

I was one of the firsts that asked out of curiosity to see if anyone knew anything about how the Earle was going to be treated in terms of points because I've seen a couple of boxes on instagram with four items (chapstick + liz earle + 2 more). I think it's just leading to the confusion of does that mean in the review section the liz earle will count as two items? We don't know yet since in the box pages it is still coming up as one item
wacko.gif

I'm pretty sure the chapstick should be reviewable. There is a write a review link on the product page. Although i do remember them saying the chapstick isn't counted as one of the 4-5 items. So i think a box with: 1. Liz Earle set 2. Item #2 3. Item #3 4. Chapstick Seems a bit unfair when it comes to points since liz earle is listed as 2 items on the card but can only be reviewed once for 10 points. Irregardless, I'm still gonna wait till after the 10th though, if only to confirm the box contents and what is reviewable and what is not.

i've never seen a birchbox find that couldn't be reviewed. but i hope that doesn't mean they start making them unreviewable now!

That would definitely stink, especially since chapstick is technically a beauty item. I mean, if we were able to review that *pen* several months back... 

roflmao.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The Chapstick thing is speculation.  Most of the boxes I've seen with Liz Earle products (of the Stainiac-free boxes, that would be boxes 1, 2, 8, 9, 26, 32, 43) except boxes 15 and 40 have four items listed.  There are a few pages of fury about this, and I was just trying to come up with a solution now so we can talk about other things -- because we haven't seen the final official live box pages yet.  We've seen what they have up now, but they still have about a day and a half (or two and a half days, if they decide to update on the 11th again) before those pages go official.  They might still be working on fixing this, and then all of this uproar will have been for nothing, but we would still have another day and a half of this to slog through between now and then.  Sometimes just having a contingency plan helps stop the obsessing over what could go wrong.

What I want to know is this:  What is the Pop Beauty gloss like?  Texture-wise, what does it compare to?  Is it slick like the benefit glosses?  

So I had ordered a couple of tubes of the Pop Beauty aqua lacquer when they were being sold on HauteLook. To me, they are very sticky, which isn't a huge issue for me and I do like the way that they make my lips have a tingly feeling. The one thing that I don't really care for much is the end of the applicator, it's not a big deal but I sort of lean towards the ones with a little foam thing at the end, I kept thinking that this was a small stiff brush (which I don't like also) but after inspecting it close just now, it looks like a flat plastic piece at the end of the applicator, that is used for applying the gloss.

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Everyone's talking about points, and I'm just sitting here waiting for my clicky truck.

Hahaha ditto. 

Although usually my box shows up before my tracking does. 

i've never seen a birchbox find that couldn't be reviewed. but i hope that doesn't mean they start making them unreviewable now!

I think they sent out postcards as a bb find that weren't reviewable.. but they were in addition to the 4-5 reviewable items in your box. 

I was just thinking that this week is going to pretty much crawl to a stop now for me. In the next few days I'll be seeing/getting: 2 BB box updates (and still waiting on shipping emails, then updated tracking for those too) 2 BB shop orders due to arrive the 10th, both have mystery pick 2s My Ipsy tracking, and glam room update My Julep mystery box So many unknowns and surprises! It's like a week of Christmas Eves or the night before my birthday :p

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Everyone's talking about points, and I'm just sitting here waiting for my clicky truck.

I am right there with you!

My second box should be getting to me today- and the weight is *drumroll*

The only time I get heavy boxes like this is when I have hair products. Let's see what I get!

My box from my first account, which shipped after the box from my second account, will be here today, before the second box. My first account box never went MD like the second account box. I'm very excited to receive my box.

Latest posts

Back