(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*cough* The bars in my area have been known to concoct bourbon/whiskey slushies in the summer.
Brandy slush is a year round staple in WI Mmm, sounds like a good thing to drink while I'm waiting for my BB & Ipsy

O

My box weight is .47 and I just received it.
Dermablend Professional in Pearl dr. brandt eye cream (1 foil) dr. brandt skin exfoliant Folle de Joie perfume Miss Jessie's Creme Conditioner (1 packet but yes it hold quite a lot) Chapstick
All in all not bad. 6 items in such a low box weight. ETA: I just looked it up. It's Box 18 Ooh thanks for letting us know, I actually thought box 18 would be a pretty good box for me but I didn't think I could get it since I've already received the follie, must be two variations at .47

Hmm... my box is in St. Paul, MN.  I mean, I suppose that's not super far away, but in the past, my box has never taken that track (although I've been unsubbed for a year and also moved about an hour north, so things could have changed).

I'm just anxious for our pages to update.  I'm sitting in my hotel room constantly refreshing this thread in hopes they update early, even though I know they won't. 
15hg.gif

So...  my mother got her box in today and boy did she get a good one!  I'm jealous!  She got box 33 which was on my list of "Boxes That Should Be Mine."

Hmm... my box is in St. Paul, MN.  I mean, I suppose that's not super far away, but in the past, my box has never taken that track (although I've been unsubbed for a year and also moved about an hour north, so things could have changed). I'm just anxious for our pages to update.  I'm sitting in my hotel room constantly refreshing this thread in hopes they update early, even though I know they won't. :15hg:
I have two accounts and they took two different routes to reach me this month.

Had a terrible day at work today, but came home to find that beautiful pink box waiting for me. I've never gotten it this early before!  Box Contents:
Benefit Fake Up (in Light) Lize Earle Cleanser and Cloth Pop Beauty Lacquer (in Flowering Fuschia) and the Chaptstick
Overall, I super happy! I feel like this is the perfect fit for me. I think there was only one or two boxed I would want more than this one. I was on the brink of cancelling back in May, but I feel like my last few boxes, even if they aren't the most valuable or overall desirable for most people, they've been great for me. Well done, Birchbox. I got the same box. Here's a pic. I'm happy overall.

What is it about pets and BB?!?!?

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received my second box. Only one item is different! I guess I'll be doing first whole box swap.
LOL...Me too!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rochellena /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Had a terrible day at work today, but came home to find that beautiful pink box waiting for me. I've never gotten it this early before! 

Box Contents:

Benefit Fake Up (in Light) Lize Earle Cleanser and Cloth
Pop Beauty Lacquer (in Flowering Fuschia)
and the Chaptstick
Overall, I super happy! I feel like this is the perfect fit for me. I think there was only one or two boxed I would want more than this one. I was on the brink of cancelling back in May, but I feel like my last few boxes, even if they aren't the most valuable or overall desirable for most people, they've been great for me. Well done, Birchbox.

This is the box I got too, and I'm super happy! Annnnd, I'm IN LOVE with the Liz Earle packaging! That little box is so adorable! I'll probably put the gloss up for trade, just because I don't use them a lot as it is, and I have waaaaay too many. Overall, pretty decent box!

Quote: Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ah, dancing Ron. <3

My truck is clicky!!! But I haven't gotten the email. Oh well. Tracking still works. Weight is .5400 Does anyone else have that? And if you've gotten your box already, what's in it? I'm an impatient gorilla. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Right?! By far the funniest 3 seconds of Parks and Rec ever. And Ron is the effing BEST. 

O
Dermablend Professional in Pearl dr. brandt eye cream (1 foil) dr. brandt skin exfoliant Folle de Joie perfume Miss Jessie's Creme Conditioner (1 packet but yes it hold quite a lot) Chapstick
All in all not bad. 6 items in such a low box weight. ETA: I just looked it up. It's Box 18
Ooh thanks for letting us know, I actually thought box 18 would be a pretty good box for me but I didn't think I could get it since I've already received the follie, must be two variations at .47 thanks! I'd totally be ok with this box ☺ï¸

Quote: Originally Posted by angienharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same box. Here's a pic. I'm happy overall.

Nice box!! And cute kitty! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope I get a cat in my box too!  Do you think they will let us review it for points?
icon_razz.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenJane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today! Earliest delivery ever.

Box weight was .4950

That's the weight of my box.  I have to say, I'm hoping my box is different - not much that I would use from it. 
sadyes.gif

Does anyone else find that Birchbox almost always delivers two-three days earlier than the projected delivery date???

Anyway, here is what I got:

Chapstick - obvi)
Stainiac - yay
DDF pore minimizer
Shea Terra Organics Rosehips black soap

And hmmmm I was supposed to get the Reality Based foundation, but it's missing. oops.

Gonna email Birchbox about the missing sample :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyone else ever have this problem?

When Ed was a kitten (an actual kitten, not his stunted two-year-old self), he liked to sit *in* my Birchboxes.  Actually, he still does on occasion, but back then, he was so tiny that he could curl up in them.  That's when I started calling him Mister Eensy Beense.  I wish I had owned an iPhone at the time.  It was such a process to get my digital camera out that I don't think I have any pictures of him in his Birchbox bed(s).

I h

Does anyone else find that Birchbox almost always delivers two-three days earlier than the projected delivery date??? Anyway, here is what I got:
Chapstick - obvi) Stainiac - yay DDF pore minimizer Shea Terra Organics Rosehips black soap And hmmmm I was supposed to get the Reality Based foundation, but it's missing. oops.  
Gonna email Birchbox about the missing sample :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anyone else ever have this problem? I had that problem a few months ago. I emailed them and they mailed the replacement that day.

Quote: Originally Posted by IMDawnP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dermablend Professional in Pearl

dr. brandt eye cream (1 foil)

dr. brandt skin exfoliant

Folle de Joie perfume

Miss Jessie's Creme Conditioner (1 packet but yes it hold quite a lot)

Chapstick

All in all not bad. 6 items in such a low box weight.

ETA: I just looked it up. It's Box 18
thanks!~ someone else posted that the derma blend was full sized?? was it??

I heard the mailman open the gate downstairs and literally ran to the door so I could get my box, haha
LL
  Here is box 15 and I am so psyched on it.  I had a feeling this would be one of the ones I would get, because I have curly hair marked.  I already own Jelly soft curls, but I will depot pillow soft curls and it will be great for traveling.
I just got this same box tonight and I am in love with it!!! Great box and my shipping weight was 0.5950. Love the scent!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by ElizabethF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had that problem a few months ago. I emailed them and they mailed the replacement that day.

I don't mind since it's a foundation sample and this way I can request the shade that should match me best.

Latest posts

Back