(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I've had a couple of months when my contents haven't updated until the 11th (maybe even the 12th once).  There was never a problem, just that I had a box that was shipping out later in their shipping cycles than others.  I think they don't update the contents on the website until the box ships. Of course, if you already have shipping info, then this is obviously not the explanation.
Sounds completely accurate. I don't have shipping info yet. Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by ariana077 
  Slightly OT but I know most people LOVE the Suki scrub they've sent out and I am most certainly in that boat!  My boyfriend gets the Man box and I used his body/face wash because I ran out of body gel this morning and the VitaMan Face & Body Cleanser (http://www.birchbox.com/men/vitaman-face-body-cleanser-250-ml/) smells EXACTLY like the Suki scrub.  Pretty safe to say I'm going to be hiding that behind my stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  wow! Awesome find! my fiance loved my suki scrub, but doesn't subscribe to bbman because of the price. I might have to get this for him the next time I do a haul.

Also the Smith & Chang Lip Balm was pretty close as well (http://www.birchbox.com/shop/smith-chang-lip-balm)

I may or may not love his BB Man subscription 
icon_redface.gif

for those of you who were worried about *NOT* being able to review the liz earle for two products

my box page looks like this now

so it should be counting for TWO items

Up until recently, I had never tried products by e.l.f. cosmetics, then I started getting their Beauty bundles. Overall, with my limited makeup experience and my even more limited makeup budget, I'm finding that I like a lot of their items but I got ahold of some of their lipgloss and talk about ..... STICKY... omg, I could use it in place of tape to wrap presents for the holidays!!!  Now, I'm extra careful about ordering any lip products from there.
Elf is sold at Kmart for 1$ an item.

I am getting box 9 and I just went to my account and saw that the

cloths
are now a separate thing to review!

They just updated the boxes with the Liz Earle and I think you can review the muslin cloths now!

for those of you who were worried about *NOT* being able to review the liz earle for two products

This is the box I'm also getting.  The Liz Earle is about the only thing I'm excited about, but I'm also happy to finally try the Folle de Joie perfume. Overall, not a bad box and there's a bunch of points to get, so that's good!

Elf is sold at Kmart for 1$ an item.
In case anyone wants to try it. Has birchbox carried elf products? I also saw Its a Ten hair conditioner at Kmart. Birchbox sells it cheaper than Kmart does.

I'm getting box 43! I really wanted the liz earle so I'm excited for that, I could do without two lip products (chapstick and pop beauty gloss). I would have paid $10 just for the liz earle set though, so I'm pretty happy!

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicarobin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is the box I'm also getting.  The Liz Earle is about the only thing I'm excited about, but I'm also happy to finally try the Folle de Joie perfume. Overall, not a bad box and there's a bunch of points to get, so that's good!
I'm also excited about the Liz Earle and the perfume. I'm picky about gloss textures so I'll at least try the POP and if I don't like it I'll give it to a relative. The chapstick will be what I use exclusively for lipstick stains (gonna try it out with my stila liquid lipstick) but I don't imagine it's much different than regular chapstick LOL. I'll probably wait to use the conditioner when I'm done with my suki exfoliator, because it's a nice big container I can deposit the conditioner in to, since the package looked decently sized.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I still have no shipping info/box info. I'm curious for anyone else who doesn't have that info yet either, did you upgrade your sub to the yearly with the yearly99? 

Anyone who already has their tracking/box did any of you upgrade with the yearly99 promo?
I upgraded my gift sub to an annual sub using YEARLY99 and haven't received a clicky truck or shipping info on that account yet.  I think you're onto something, that recent upgrades are running a bit behind continuing subscriptions.

Yes!  So glad I don't have to hear all the whining anymore.  LOL 
rotfl.gif
  People are so quick to freak out around here.

SAD FACE - I was just about to buy the Gimme Brow in med/dark and it's out of stock! Hopefully it'll go back in stock soon since I wanted to take advantage of the 50 extra points.

Quote: Originally Posted by ariana077 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I knew there were some COMPLETELY dupe boxes on the website when I was going through it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  This makes me very sad indeed and although I'm getting two of box 4, one of which will get traded, this is unfortunate because you could very well get 2 different box numbers and the same variation :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb32

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb9

*Same box the pictures are just swapped!

Boxes 33 and 38 are also identical. Even the pictures.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes!  So glad I don't have to hear all the whining anymore.  LOL 
rotfl.gif
  People are so quick to freak out around here.
I know right. I was already thinking this morning that if it turned out that it wasn't reviewable for two items I was going to bow out until everyone cooled off BAHAHA.

My boxes this month...

I knew I would end up with duplicated items since there wasn't as much variety this month. I am super happy with which items are dupes and I won't be trading anything! I am going to tweak the profile that is getting box 48 to see if I can get more variety out of having 3 profiles though since I can't see getting this lucky with dupe products again. 

I just think it's lame that the cloth counts as a sample. The points don't bother me as much. But I'm so happy with my box that I can't complain. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm also excited about the Liz Earle and the perfume. I'm picky about gloss textures so I'll at least try the POP and if I don't like it I'll give it to a relative. The chapstick will be what I use exclusively for lipstick stains (gonna try it out with my stila liquid lipstick) but I don't imagine it's much different than regular chapstick LOL. I'll probably wait to use the conditioner when I'm done with my suki exfoliator, because it's a nice big container I can deposit the conditioner in to, since the package looked decently sized.
Just as suspected... we are box twins!

Latest posts

Back