(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I am getting box #6.  It's weight is .8150.  What do you see in it that would make it weigh that much?  

Getting box 43.  Not too disappointed..what's so great about this Liz Earle stuff?? I'm getting it in my box but I'm not as excited about it as other people seem to be.. and so glad the cloths count separately now!!

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My birchbox baby is here! I'm really excited to dig in and try all these items. I don't know if I'll end up liking them all, but it's just nice to not feel like my box is dominated by hair products.

What shade of lip gloss is in your box?  It looks like fuchsia or scarlet.  I'm getting the same box and am tired of red or fuchsia lip products.  I have received 6 in the last few months and I don't wear either color.  I was really hoping for the rose or peach color.

Quote: Originally Posted by Emuhlyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Getting box 43.  Not too disappointed..what's so great about this Liz Earle stuff?? I'm getting it in my box but I'm not as excited about it as other people seem to be.. and so glad the cloths count separately now!!
I'm with you on that. I don't get the hysteria! All I see is muslin and a cleanser with a lot of random essential oils. HAHA

Also, do we happen to get a 6 month code?? I have $20 in points and if I get a discount code too I'm definitely splurging in the shop!

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My box page hasn't updated. -________-
Mine either.

Quote: Originally Posted by dreile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi,

I am getting box #6.  It's weight is .8150.  What do you see in it that would make it weigh that much?  

I'm getting box 13 and my weight was .63.  Nothing else in there is that heavy but we're both getting the supergoop.  Maybe it's an extra large sample?

It's weird how my mom has been consistently getting solid boxes for the sub I gifted her and was completely honest on her profile for, I'm still not sure why so many people think the older demographics get boring boxes. Hell if it weren't that her box ships after mine every month I'd say she gets the better treatment lol

Weight .5100 Box 3 for her with the goop serum, 12 benefits, Chapstick, lip stain, exfoliator. Weight .4750 box 46 with Chapstick, stain, 12 benefits, foundation, exfoliator for me. I knew based on my weight I wouldn't get the Liz Earle but was really hoping just for the cloth lol
Very practical boxes for both of us, and a very practical month in general

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wouldn't get upset just yet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That Dermablend is most likely full-sized, and it just might change your life and make you into a convert :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love all of their products!
I was thinking the Dermablend might be full sized too. You're right. I should give all the stuff a chance before I say I'm unhappy. I have done that several times only to wind up loving a product!  
icon_razz.gif

Right?? I was reading blog posts about it and a lot have given it really good reviews but weren't really specific as to why...? Yanno? It was mostly like so this wash...THEN YOU USE A HOT MUSLIN CLOTH!!! Which I don't think to be that exciting since that's what my mom and grandma would use to exfoliate. Hmmm. I'm glad everyone is really excited about this though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm with you on that. I don't get the hysteria! All I see is muslin and a cleanser with a lot of random essential oils. HAHA

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My tracking finally updated and it says is was shipped yesterday, even though I received my shipping email 3 days ago...weird.

Anyway, I love my box! Box 46:

I know some have said it doesn't seem like there is a lot of variety this month, but I think the last few months boxes have been really stellar! The only bad news is after I do my reviews for this month I will have 238 points, so I think I should find a $12 purchase to make!
This is my dream box! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Emuhlyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by misslaurelann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the idea is that it's kind of a cult beauty product- I'm a packaging junkie so I just think the box is adorable and I've recently gotten into skincare..  I am slightly worried that since it's a hot cloth.. is that good for your pores?  I thought we were supposed to be washing our faces with cold water!

Quote: Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What shade of lip gloss is in your box?  It looks like fuchsia or scarlet.  I'm getting the same box and am tired of red or fuchsia lip products.  I have received 6 in the last few months and I don't wear either color.  I was really hoping for the rose or peach color.
@Charity1217 On the back it says the name is "floating rose"

eta: after looking at the birchbox picture of it, it's WAY pink/redder IRL than it is on the birchbox picture. like totally different.

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the idea is that it's kind of a cult beauty product- I'm a packaging junkie so I just think the box is adorable and I've recently gotten into skincare..  I am slightly worried that since it's a hot cloth.. is that good for your pores?  I thought we were supposed to be washing our faces with cold water!
I think tepid water is supposed to be the best. I agree the packaging is nice and I like the colors. I felt the cloth, and honestly it looks way too abrasive for my skin. The idea of rubbing off my cleanser gives me the chills. I have a clarisonic that I use and I use the most delicate head and don't use it very frequently. I also barely pat my skin with a towel to dry it. 

i know this picture quality is shoddy, bear with me. but THIS is how different floating rose is IRL next to the birchbox picture. i don't even understand how they got colors this different.

eta: don't get me wrong, i like the color. i'm just startled by how off it is. i assumed before looking at the back that it was the scarlet color.

On the website it says warm water on the cloth and then splash with cold. So the warm would open up pores for a deep clean and then splashing cold water closes them up.

I'm pretty happy with my boxes this month!

Box 22:

Box 43:

Box 40:

I'm happy to get some perfume. Too bad I already sprung for the little mini duo set of Atelier Orange and Vanilla.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i know this picture quality is shoddy, bear with me. but THIS is how different floating rose is IRL next to the birchbox picture. i don't even understand how they got colors this different.

eta: don't get me wrong, i like the color. i'm just startled by how off it is. i assumed before looking at the back that it was the scarlet color.

I had the same issue when I bought 2 100% Pure Creamsticks, they were nothing like the picture at all.  I was really sad.  They were these awesome pinks in the photos but were almost brown/super dark mauve in real life.

Latest posts

Back