(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I swear Birchbox makes more money off of my by not putting things in my box than by putting them in my b​ox. I get excited for certain items and then don't get them. So I order them almost immediately
redface.gif

The silver lining..... I ordered a few other things to get to $50. Now I get the free mystery sample pack and the full size Erno Laszlo Transphuser night serum gift with order. I researched it a little first...and I think full price is $195!! 
icon_eek.gif
 (That doesn't seem like it can be right, but if it is...wow)

I'm only 28 and don't have much of a wrinkle problem yet...but I can be proactive...Or gift it to my mother....who I am sure would love it!

I just ordered the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I swear Birchbox makes more money off of my by not putting things in my box than by putting them in my b​ox. I get excited for certain items and then don't get them. So I order them almost immediately:eek: The silver lining..... I ordered a few other things to get to $50. Now I get the free mystery sample pack and the full size Erno Laszlo Transphuser night serum gift with order. I researched it a little first...and I think full price is $195!! :icon_eek:  (That doesn't seem like it can be right, but if it is...wow) I'm only 28 and don't have much of a wrinkle problem yet...but I can be proactive...Or gift it to my mother....who I am sure would love it!
The cheapest I saw the serum online was $125 for the same size as the free one! I added it to an order today with the mystery pack and hai dryer. I don't need it but for free I will take it.

I got my box a few days early!

I got:

Bain de Terre Macadamia Oil Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner

Benefit Fake Up (in the correct color, thank you BB!)

Karuna Clarifying Mask 

Chapstick

The amount of product in the Fake Up is ridiculously small...

I got everything that I wanted to try. The weight was .7070

Received box 40 today and love it! This is only my second month and I've been very happy with BB.

New here...just figuring out how to post. I'm set to get box 13 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was really hoping for 15 or 40. This is my 4th box and the first one where there isn't at least 1 item I want to try.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just ordered the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I swear Birchbox makes more money off of my by not putting things in my box than by putting them in my b​ox. I get excited for certain items and then don't get them. So I order them almost immediately
redface.gif

The silver lining..... I ordered a few other things to get to $50. Now I get the free mystery sample pack and the full size Erno Laszlo Transphuser night serum gift with order. I researched it a little first...and I think full price is $195!! 
icon_eek.gif
 (That doesn't seem like it can be right, but if it is...wow)

I'm only 28 and don't have much of a wrinkle problem yet...but I can be proactive...Or gift it to my mother....who I am sure would love it!
Ahhh I saw your post and may or may not have immediately done the same thing.  I'm getting 2 dupe boxes this month, but all the products are ones I will use/like(crossing my fingers) so rather than try and trade for the Liz Earle and then buy full size I just bit the bullet.

Curse you MUT!!!! 
icon_frown.gif
  Ok just kidding but seriously birchbox makes WAY to much money off of me.

I am getting box 43! https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb43

Apparently word is out to Birchbox that I have mad goo hoarding skills and needed 2 lip products!  Can't wait to see what color I get and try it!

I love lip products!  Seriously.  I have photo evidence.  When the first episode of Hoarders Makeup Edition Airs I could be the featured one!

I think I'm getting box 14 :(I really didn't want this box because of the powder. I just threw away a powder I have. Really this was my most disliked box. I was hoping for black soap and benefit hair conditioner Whaaaa.

Quote: Originally Posted by jkfinl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I'm getting box 14 :(I really didn't want this box because of the powder. I just threw away a powder I have. Really this was my most disliked box. I was hoping for black soap and benefit hair conditioner Whaaaa.
If there is anything you want from Box #4 even more than 1 item I'll trade for the powder, that was my most hopeful that I missed this month!

I think Birchbox is punking me this month. I have two accounts and I am getting the Miss Jessies Creme de la Creme Conditioner in both my boxes. Need I mention that my hair is stick straight and superfine? It is the antithesis of the curlygirl hair Miss Jessies is designed for!

I think Birchbox is punking me this month. I have two accounts and I am getting the Miss Jessies Creme de la Creme Conditioner in both my boxes. Need I mention that my hair is stick straight and superfine? It is the antithesis of the curlygirl hair Miss Jessies is designed for!
I think the miss Jessie's condition is for any hair type.

If there is anything you want from Box #4 even more than 1 item I'll trade for the powder, that was my most hopeful that I missed this month!
Thanks for the offer but I wanted to try a perfume, the black soap, a lip gloss, benefit 12 leave in condition.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just tried on my POP Aqua lacquer. No idea what color I got now. Looked really bright in the tube but it looks like a really natural pink on. I'm glad it's not super sticky and thick (think: stila lip glaze, i absolutely despise those). and the minty-ness is very pleasant, not too much or too little. I'll probably be keeping this.

Side note: one thing I disliked about it is I noticed when I pulled out the brush, some excess product would kind of "fall" off, and I had to let it fall back into the tube before using so it wouldn't make a sticky mess on the outer edges. Just my OCD.
Totally agree with you on Stila Lip Glaze.  I cannot stand the texture. 

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am getting box 43! https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb43

Apparently word is out to Birchbox that I have mad goo hoarding skills and needed 2 lip products!  Can't wait to see what color I get and try it!

I love lip products!  Seriously.  I have photo evidence.  When the first episode of Hoarders Makeup Edition Airs I could be the featured one!

Woah...... O.O

I am new and I have a question. I have a ton of nail polishes from the last year that i dont use. is it possible for me to put them up for a swap? Where would i post? 

Quote: Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Totally agree with you on Stila Lip Glaze.  I cannot stand the texture. 
the one time i put it on i almost went crazy. my hair kept getting stuck to my lips and then getting lip glaze all over my face. not a fun experience at all.

I got box 35..kinda iffy about how I feel about it. I'm a new subscriber so I think maybe they just threw some random stuff at me..Did anybody feel like that at first? Also..I STILL didnt get an email about tracking! Did anybody else have that problem?

Woo! I managed to get all three of the samples I really wanted this month!! 

Pop Aqua Lacquer, Muslin Cloth, and the Fake up. 

the rest I am meh about. I keep reviewing the shampoo and conditioners positively, so I feel like these boxes are pretty well tailored to me. off to instagram to search for pics :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i got the shampoo and conditioner in a trade and i like it. it smells good and it's free of sulfates, parabens, etc.
Ooooo, I love Evologie products - they smell a little 'earthy' at first, but they are great!

I got my box super early. Yay for that! The major disappointment is that my Dr. Brandt exfoliant had no product in the tube. Did that happen to anyone else??? I really wanted to try that too.

Latest posts

Back