(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been VIB for ages and still can't get flash. Sephora doesn't like me for some reason. Perhaps it is bc I asked one SA for a sample one time ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Have you tried giving them a call? I hear the best time to is on the weekends. I just mentioned I had requested an invite to the program and if there was anyway I could get pushed through. The CS lady was very helpful and signed me right up!

My two boxes for October. One of them is already out for delivery. The other won't arrive till next week. Between the two, I'll have loads of fun stuff to try. Can't wait!!

I'm getting box 41 for my main account (account with bath & body, fragrance, makeup, skincare, Classic, hair: Black) and box 40 for my second account (account with makeup only, Trendy, hair: red).

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb41

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb40

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow!  Since they ship from Maryland (I think) I get my orders next day.  It was worth the $5 investment.  
wink.gif

It really is. I hesitated at first when I got the sign-up email, but free shipping is a HUGE perk. The timing doesn't really matter to me. I live in NYC, so my Sephora orders arrive within two days after I get tracking. Now that I have free shipping, I don't know how I managed without it. No more scrolling through the sales and travel size sections for things I don't want or need to meet the $50 minimum!

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Haha, do it!  It is so worth it!  It is so pretty I do not want to disturb them, at the same time, want to wear them all!  I am going to try and share them as stocking stuffers and Christmas presents (Secret Santa is coming up soon!)  My current object of lust is the OCC mini lip tars, the OCC 12 set that comes out 10/22 and the Benefit Advent calendar.  I need a second job to support my addiction!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want to get Give Me Some More Lip from Sephora... ughhh the addiction.
Where can I see a preview of the lip tar set?

Quote: Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Where can I see a preview of the lip tar set?
Temptalia has details on both sets!  There's a 4-pack ($20, out now) and a 12-pack ($58, out the 22nd) with completely different colors.  

I think the reason BB is using Newgistics because the Lara exfloiator set probably weigh heaviest. Finally the box contents released a day late. Overall I'm pleased with both of my boxes. Will give Chapstick to my hubby and/OR give a gift/trade. This is BOX #1 from my original acct this one is being shipped with Newgistics so no weigh info?
This is Box #7 being shipped with USPS! Weigh .4600
I am thrilled to get that hair thing that rolls up.

This makes sense to me, as you can only ship packages weighing less than 1 lb with upsmi

Quote: Originally Posted by HHummel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been VIB for ages and still can't get flash. Sephora doesn't like me for some reason. Perhaps it is bc I asked one SA for a sample one time
wink.gif

Have you tried giving them a call? I hear the best time to is on the weekends. I just mentioned I had requested an invite to the program and if there was anyway I could get pushed through. The CS lady was very helpful and signed me right up! This. I called and they gave me flash at the $10 rate even though I never got an invite.

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This. I called and they gave me flash at the $10 rate even though I never got an invite.
Thanks:) Will give it a try! As soon as I'm finished with my popsugar rice krispie treat...

This. I called and they gave me flash at the $10 rate even though I never got an invite.
I think It highly depends where you live too, I have yet to see anyone in California get in (let me know otherwise pleaseeee lol, I need hope) Haven't had any updates on shipping since the 6th, and it's not showing up on usps either, it's estimated to arrive tomorrow and that probably won't happen sadly, although I've only had it be right once. I don't want to wait till Monday or Tuesday ;-)

I'm excited I'm getting box 43 with the liz earle, alison raffaele foundation, pop lipgloss and chapstick! I am really glad I'm getting 2 makeup items and I really wanted the liz earle... I was ready to buy it with my points, but now I'll actually get to try it in my box! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haven't had any updates on shipping since the 6th, and it's not showing up on usps either, it's estimated to arrive tomorrow and that probably won't happen sadly, although I've only had it be right once. I don't want to wait till Monday or Tuesday ;-)
I think your box and my box must be on the same stupid truck (I live near Berkeley). I doubt I will get mine tomorrow, it hasn't even arrived in CA yet. I think it goes to San Leandro, then gets handed off to USPS.

Of course, I ordered something separately from Birchbox, and it happened to get shipped on the same day as my box, but through USPS. That one arrived yesterday. 

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Box twins! I absolutely love my box this month, and I FINALLY got a perfume sample. I know most of you hate them but I love trying different fragrances, that's the first thing I do when I walk into Sephora or a Duty Free shop at any airport terminal. And BINGO - 6 items to review! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Really super happy this month.
I don't even want to try the Liz Earle set because its so damn cute. I did try the perfume and loved it! 

Yep. I got the shade 'deep' which matches my profile.

I wasn't excited about it until I saw my box in person. I was afraid of getting shampoo/conditioner packets but the bottles are 1.7 fl oz each.
oh interesting. I have medium set to my profile so im curious what mine will be. Im pretty sure med is too light, but deep is way too dark. so im hoping to get medium because i can still use that...

Quote: Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yep. I got the shade 'deep' which matches my profile.

I wasn't excited about it until I saw my box in person. I was afraid of getting shampoo/conditioner packets but the bottles are 1.7 fl oz each.
oh interesting. I have medium set to my profile so im curious what mine will be. Im pretty sure med is too light, but deep is way too dark. so im hoping to get medium because i can still use that...

I have "Medium-Dark" selected on my profile and I received Deep (in my opinion it's more of a medium-dark shade). It's a really good match though.

Quote: Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think It highly depends where you live too, I have yet to see anyone in California get in (let me know otherwise pleaseeee lol, I need hope)

Haven't had any updates on shipping since the 6th, and it's not showing up on usps either, it's estimated to arrive tomorrow and that probably won't happen sadly, although I've only had it be right once. I don't want to wait till Monday or Tuesday ;-)
I'm from California. I got in. I got it for 10$ without any sort of coupon/gift card. 

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's $25 and it has been invite only since they rolled out the program during the summer. I know a lot of people who want it, but can't join because Sephora is being so exclusive (for no reason!) about the sign-up.
I got it for 10$ so I guess I'm lucky. =oP That was what the invite said and advertised for me and despite them saying it was for a limited time, I waited a month before signing up and it was still available.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sakura83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I finally was able to see what my box is, and I like what I'm getting ! Has anyone received Klorane Shampoo with Desert Date in their box or have tried it before? 

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb1
No, but I can tell you dates smell absolutely amazing! I really wanted that shampoo.

I was just in Palm Springs with my mom, and the date is sort of their "official fruit"

We went to the spa and got date body scrubs, date oil massages and date facials. I was officially in love with dates after that. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm excited I'm getting box 43 with the liz earle, alison raffaele foundation, pop lipgloss and chapstick! I am really glad I'm getting 2 makeup items and I really wanted the liz earle... I was ready to buy it with my points, but now I'll actually get to try it in my box!
smile.gif

I totally agree with the Liz Earle! I was going to do the same thing, but so happy to see this coming my way. 

Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  No, but I can tell you dates smell absolutely amazing! I really wanted that shampoo.

I was just in Palm Springs with my mom, and the date is sort of their "official fruit"

We went to the spa and got date body scrubs, date oil massages and date facials. I was officially in love with dates after that. 
Ausome thanks! I can't wait to give this a try. I love dates too, I make skillet cookies with them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back