(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so excited to try the Stainiac (from a trade). I just tried the Benetint for the first time today. The smell made me queasy and it did not show up at all on my lips!

Got my box today first time trying the stainiac love it I like it better than benetint I found that the benetint dries to fast befor you can rub it in.
https://www.makeuptalk.com/content/type/61/id/214393/width/350/height/700[/img] box 46

How are people liking the benefits fake up? I noticed there are only 3 shades??? How does it work? Is it an all over foundation, a concealer or what?
I'm not a fan. I don't think it plays nicely with my oily skin and forget finding a good shade match. The packaging is adorable although it's pretty comical how little product they give you considering the money and thought that probably went into the external trappings.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a fan. I don't think it plays nicely with my oily skin and forget finding a good shade match. The packaging is adorable although it's pretty comical how little product they give you considering the money and thought that probably went into the external trappings.
benefit needs to take notes from liz earle. nice packaging and nice amount of product! i'm honestly the size of the sample alone is reason enough for me to be glad i didn't get it.

benefit needs to take notes from liz earle. nice packaging and nice amount of product! i'm honestly the size of the sample alone is reason enough for me to be glad i didn't get it.
I thought the packaging for the benefit fake up was really cute. Is it a one use sample?

I was hoping it would be like Watts Up! in terms of adorableness in packaging AND amount in the sample. I was far off! That small of a sample was kinda weird considering what all went into the packaging. Meh.

You could get a few uses out of it, I'm sure. I think someone may have posted a pic of it further back in the thread. I would take a pic but I'm home and away from my box! It's seriously the tiniest little nub, maybe like a sixth of an inch? It seemed tiny!

I thought the packaging for the benefit fake up was really cute. Is it a one use sample?

I'm so excited to try the Stainiac (from a trade). I just tried the Benetint for the first time today. The smell made me queasy and it did not show up at all on my lips!
I lost my Benetint and don't even care enough to merely wonder where it is aside from hoping it's not under the couch staining the carpet. It just does nothing for me. My Beauty Queen Stainiac dried out over the past few months while I was in my coral lip phase, and I almost cried when I discovered it was no longer usable last week (autumn = deeper lip time for me). If you're a berry lip person, it's a great shade. (But I have far too many lip stains to be able to justify buying another one!)

Agreed, it doesn't matter if the person "using" the word thinks its ok, or if they think it means something different today. The history and stigma still stands. Anyway. I'm being a bad moderator, having actively contributed to this discussion myself because I think its important. We should probably keep it on topic to the birchbox discussion from here on out. If anyone is interested in continuing the discussion, I would be happy to move this discussion in to a topic of its own since I think it is worthwhile to be had. Or anyone who is interested can start up a new topic, it doesn't matter.
I agree, let's get back to MAKE UP cuz we love it!!!! Oh yeahhhhhhh!!!!!

Oh I am most definitely a berry lip kinda gal. I'm so excited! I'm really disappointed in *finally* trying Benetint. It's one of those items that I've always been curious about since when I got into make up in high school but I never bothered to actually try it until this morning.

I lost my Benetint and don't even care enough to merely wonder where it is aside from hoping it's not under the couch staining the carpet. It just does nothing for me. My Beauty Queen Stainiac dried out over the past few months while I was in my coral lip phase, and I almost cried when I discovered it was no longer usable last week (autumn = deeper lip time for me). If you're a berry lip person, it's a great shade. (But I have far too many lip stains to be able to justify buying another one!)

Oh I am most definitely a berry lip kinda gal. I'm so excited! I'm really disappointed in *finally* trying Benetint. It's one of those items that I've always been curious about since when I got into make up in high school but I never bothered to actually try it until this morning.
What's benetint?

well boo.  my box marked undeliverable yesterday really must have been that.  I was hoping beyond hope that it would show up today .... but it did not :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />     now to hope i can get the same box what are the odds??  maybe i should just hope i can get a box lol
Contact your post office with the tracking code ASAP, otherwise it will go back to BB.

I was hoping it would be like Watts Up! in terms of adorableness in packaging AND amount in the sample. I was far off! That small of a sample was kinda weird considering what all went into the packaging. Meh.
Yeah I have a watts up sample and I nowhere finished using it. I think it have it for almost a year now.

I tried the Pop Beauty lip gloss, and meh. I got minty *and* lip-plumper tingles. The former is okay. The latter is annoying. And it turns out my hair is longer and more determined to get caught in my gloss than I realized. At least I didn't pay for it. I might keep it in my desk at work just for the hell of it. I definitely need to keep it *out* of my purse so I don't accidentally forget and use it while I'm running errands.

I tried the Pop Beauty lip gloss, and meh. I got minty *and* lip-plumper tingles. The former is okay. The latter is annoying. And it turns out my hair is longer and more determined to get caught in my gloss than I realized. At least I didn't pay for it. I might keep it in my desk at work just for the hell of it. I definitely need to keep it *out* of my purse so I don't accidentally forget and use it while I'm running errands.
Yikes. I hate sticky glosses, but I want to try it because of the mintiness. Has anyone gotten a shade other than the rose and fuchsia in their box?

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  We should probably keep it on topic to the birchbox discussion from here on out. If anyone is interested in continuing the discussion, I would be happy to move this discussion in to a topic of its own since I think it is worthwhile to be had. Or anyone who is interested can start up a new topic, it doesn't matter.
>.< Sorry I was still on the last page when I started this reply so I just saw this! No more O/T

So HOW ABOUT 'EM BIRCHBOXES THIS MONTH

also, does anyone know if you get your 13th month gift/code if you started out with a gift sub? >: I don't want to be a bother since I don't exactly have things on my WL right now, but if I got a 25% code I would definitely buy something...

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  >.< Sorry I was still on the last page when I started this reply so I just saw this! No more O/T

So HOW ABOUT 'EM BIRCHBOXES THIS MONTH

also, does anyone know if you get your 13th month gift/code if you started out with a gift sub? >: I don't want to be a bother since I don't exactly have things on my WL right now, but if I got a 25% code I would definitely buy something...
Thanks! It happens 
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back