(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  tracking finally updated = .6200

eta is the 14th but i wouldn't be surprised if it came like thursday or friday.

box twins! eta same date also... but i probably wont get til two days after lol

icon_rolleyes.gif

Got my box today -- .5150 weight, don't know the number.

As you can see, I got four samples + the beauty find. Pretty happy with the samples (even the foundation appears to be in a usable shade) but I thought Birchbox said five samples per box with the beauty find not replacing any regular samples?

Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As you can see, I got four samples + the beauty find. Pretty happy with the samples (even the foundation appears to be in a usable shade) but I thought Birchbox said five samples per box with the beauty find not replacing any regular samples?

Birchbox promises 4-5 official samples and 1 extra.  Sometimes the extra is a sample- usually a foil packet or a drugstore find.

I know their website said at one point in time, a minimum of 4 up to 6 samples per box. I can't find where that is now but I found this in the faq regarding points:

Quote:   Instead, you can earn 40+ points each month by filling out the product reviews.

Which I believe still implies a minimum of 4 samples per box, so the beauty find didn't replace anything.

Love Shea Terra black soap. I need to buy some more.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Love Shea Terra black soap. I need to buy some more.

I'm hoping my box has it so I can finally try it, it seems to be a favorite of many!

Got my box today! Earliest delivery ever. Box weight was .4950

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Birchbox promises 4-5 official samples and 1 extra.  Sometimes the extra is a sample- usually a foil packet or a drugstore find.

Thanks, this is my third box so I'm still getting used to the Birchbox quirks.

Has anyone bought anything from the shop recently and gotten free 1 day priority shipping? I totally spent a ton of money once my pre-birthday no buy was over (hello baby Amika dryer). Absolutely not complaining!:clap :icon_lol: :15d:
Yep, same thing on an order from the weekend. And I live in NJ, so I usually get my orders (not monthly box, though) the day after they are shipped anyway.
On a side note: Has anyone else had recurring problems with not being able to post the past 2-3 days? I can log in to read just fine, but many times there will be no box under the word "Reply." So far, I have fixed it by unsubbing and resubbing to the particular thread. It isn't so bad when I just want to pop in to say something quickly, but if I want to catch up on all the posts and reply to several, it is going to be a pain. Anyway, just wondering if the internet gremlins are hitting anyone else's account or they are all ganging up on me. :albert:
This happened to me for a few days about 6 weeks ago. I'm not sure who to contact about tech or site issues, so I hoped it would just resolve itself. It did. Box for sub #1 should be here Thurs. (.5150 - maybe twin of box posted earlier). Box #2 just went clicky, but no info yet. Wouldn't mind a 2nd Ruffian or a Liz Earle on that account, as I'm not sure I'll get one in first box.

Quote: Originally Posted by saidfreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   Has anyone bought anything from the shop recently and gotten free 1 day priority shipping? I totally spent a ton of money once my pre-birthday no buy was over (hello baby Amika dryer).

Absolutely not complaining!
claps.gif
icon_lol.gif
15d.gif

Not one day, but my BB store stuff usually comes 3-Day Priority. Which is lighting fast compared to the 2+ weeks my monthly boxes take. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On a side note: Has anyone else had recurring problems with not being able to post the past 2-3 days? I can log in to read just fine, but many times there will be no box under the word "Reply." So far, I have fixed it by unsubbing and resubbing to the particular thread. It isn't so bad when I just want to pop in to say something quickly, but if I want to catch up on all the posts and reply to several, it is going to be a pain. Anyway, just wondering if the internet gremlins are hitting anyone else's account or they are all ganging up on me. 
albert.gif

I've been experiencing this problem at random times for the past couple of weeks but hadn't said anything because I just thought it was something wrong on my end....

LL
Yep. Definitely looks like ill be getting the same box since the only people itt who have my weight got it and it DOES coincide with my profile. However I own full sizes of 3/5 of the items so I will def try to do a whole box trade.

It looks like both of my accounts got a clicky truck at about the exact same time.. really hoping for not a dupe!

Quote: Originally Posted by Cathie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Am I the only one without a clicky truck yet?
icon_cry.gif
<pouty face
Nope.  No clicky truck for me either.  I'm beginning to think clicky trucks aren't real! 

Latest posts

Back