(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wish Birchbox would make our boxes (literally the physical boxes themselves) the same as the international boxes. They no longer are a pink company, so why should we get stuck with the old pink packaging when the international subbies get a fun new bag and colored box each month :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> booooo #tiredofpink :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was just thinking this when I was going through instagram and seeing all of the international and the mint green packaging.

Quote: Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I never got an email so I didn't know which account to look up lol

but the weight is....

This is my box weight too.  I would be very happy with that box.  

smilehappyyes.gif

I still have no shipping or even order info.... They must not know how impatient I am! At least I received Sample Society yesterday and hopefully Blush Mystery Beauty tomorrow. That makes the wait easier.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by pooteeweet213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is it just me, or does it seem that a lot of boxes are repeats of each other? In particular a combo of the pop gloss, the liz earle cleansing set, the fake up, and the chapstick. Or am I going nuts?

I commented on this the other day.  I'm thinking it's a reflection of the different shades of the Fakeup to make sure (at least theoretically) that the correct shade gets sent out.  Three shades, three box variations.

Ahhhh. That makes sense.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I commented on this the other day.  I'm thinking it's a reflection of the different shades of the Fakeup to make sure (at least theoretically) that the correct shade gets sent out.  Three shades, three box variations.

I think we've only seen light so far though, right? can the other ladies who received fake up comment on the shade, pretty please? TIA!

Quote: Originally Posted by kira685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think we've only seen light so far though, right? can the other ladies who received fake up comment on the shade, pretty please? TIA!

Light for me!

our box weights are exactly the same. i'm pretty much down with everything except the miss jessies because i don't style my hair, but i would be excited for this box regardless!
At least you're finally getting a perfume!

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At least you're finally getting a perfume!

my thoughts exactly! i'm not getting my hopes up though because for these past few months i've had the same (or very close) weight as one person but gotten a different box from them. looking forward to it though! plus i have wavy hair but it's too heavy to curl naturally (compared to when i was a kid) so i'd definitely try out the miss jessies on a day when i wasn't going out to see how it works.

I just received my box today & have posted more pictures, etc. on my blog. Most of the samples were just okay for me but

the Liz Earle sample set is super nice! I am very impressed with the packaging, super happy I received that this month!

I swear I'm going to throw my computer through my office window, still no clicky trucks on either account :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This is the latest I've ever updated...

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have done quite a few full box swaps before, when i either get dupes or near dupes of my boxes!

what i have tended to do what stalk this thread and watch out for people who HATE their box, see if it's something I might like then message them and propose a swap!

Quote: Originally Posted by outdoorbarbie92 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did one last month and it was great!!

Thank you soooo very much for the advice guys! You totally rock! 

wub.gif

rocknroll2.gif

Just knowing full box swaps have happened gives me hope and I think the advice of looking for those who have something I want to send them a PM will help too.

On a side note: Has anyone else had recurring problems with not being able to post the past 2-3 days? I can log in to read just fine, but many times there will be no box under the word "Reply." So far, I have fixed it by unsubbing and resubbing to the particular thread. It isn't so bad when I just want to pop in to say something quickly, but if I want to catch up on all the posts and reply to several, it is going to be a pain. Anyway, just wondering if the internet gremlins are hitting anyone else's account or they are all ganging up on me. 
albert.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have done quite a few full box swaps before, when i either get dupes or near dupes of my boxes!

what i have tended to do what stalk this thread and watch out for people who HATE their box, see if it's something I might like then message them and propose a swap!

Quote: Originally Posted by outdoorbarbie92 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did one last month and it was great!!

wub.gif

rocknroll2.gif

Just knowing full box swaps have happened gives me hope and I think the advice of looking for those who have something I want to send them a PM will help too.

On a side note: Has anyone else had recurring problems with not being able to post the past 2-3 days? I can log in to read just fine, but many times there will be no box under the word "Reply." So far, I have fixed it by unsubbing and resubbing to the particular thread. It isn't so bad when I just want to pop in to say something quickly, but if I want to catch up on all the posts and reply to several, it is going to be a pain. Anyway, just wondering if the internet gremlins are hitting anyone else's account or they are all ganging up on me. 
albert.gif

Nope.  Haven't had a problem with it.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  tracking finally updated = .6200

eta is the 14th but i wouldn't be surprised if it came like thursday or friday.

Ooh! With such a high weight, I'm wondering if you got box 18. Looks like it would be a heavy one to me. If so, I'm super jealous, lol!

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From reading all the other posts, that is my understanding.

Well that really stinks! I was actually really hoping that I got that.

icon_cry.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wub.gif

rocknroll2.gif

The best time to try to arrange this is the morning of the 10th when box pages load for even the people who haven't received their boxes yet.  I don't think the swap page (and these arrangements/discussions should happen over there, not in here) for this month is live yet since very few people have their boxes and the October store page isn't up yet, at least as far as I can see.

Finally! I have a clicky truck 
smilehappyyes.gif
.  Of course it still hasn't updated so there's no weight info, but I'll take anything at this point.

I got my shipping email about a day and a half ago, still no weight updated.
frown.gif
I think all of the boxes I've seen so far look great though.  I did see Klorane shampoo/conditioner in a few of the box page links and I would be way excited to get that.

Has anyone bought anything from the shop recently and gotten free 1 day priority shipping? I totally spent a ton of money once my pre-birthday no buy was over (hello baby Amika dryer).

Absolutely not complaining!
claps.gif
icon_lol.gif
15d.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by ariana077 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I swear I'm going to throw my computer through my office window, still no clicky trucks on either account :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This is the latest I've ever updated...
This is how I'm feeling.... Hopefully, they are saving the BEST for last!

Latest posts

Back