(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like staniac much better as a cheek stain! It's really pretty and natural looking.

I agree!

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like staniac much better as a cheek stain! It's really pretty and natural looking.

Quote: Originally Posted by easybreezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh yeah, Stainiac was not nice on my lips, and I didn't particularly like it on my cheeks either.  I haven't tried Benetint, but I think I just don't like that type of product.

Thanks ladies! I may give it a try on my cheeks. If I don't like it I will pass it to my daughter to play with on the weekend.

Is it just me, or does it seem that a lot of boxes are repeats of each other? In particular a combo of the pop gloss, the liz earle cleansing set, the fake up, and the chapstick. Or am I going nuts?

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone tried the staniac ? Is it any good?

I've messed with the staniac and I have the benetint- I like both, but I also have benefit's cha cha tint, and I love that stuff.. it's my go-to "stay on for the rest of the night" type deal if I know I'm going to be drinking/eating.. it has staying power, a lovely color, and stains nothing except my lips!

Quote: Originally Posted by pooteeweet213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is it just me, or does it seem that a lot of boxes are repeats of each other? In particular a combo of the pop gloss, the liz earle cleansing set, the fake up, and the chapstick. Or am I going nuts?

I commented on this the other day.  I'm thinking it's a reflection of the different shades of the Fakeup to make sure (at least theoretically) that the correct shade gets sent out.  Three shades, three box variations.

Quote: Originally Posted by eternalsnshine1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How do I see which box I am getting this month?

they haven't been updated yet! your profile will show on the 10th if you click on the "box" tab, and then click "women"

So I don't know if this has been mentioned (I skipped a few pages) but Birchbox France got Laura Mercier samples!

I just logged in to my account to look something up and saw the words ... Your October Products so I closed out the tab because I do not peek. As much as I love to follow the thread before and right up to the boxes arriving I don't actually want to know what's in my box until I open it. I never log on after the 9th because I know the site updates on the 10th.  Did anyone else see this ?

Seeing pictures of the Liz Earle sample with the packaging open on Instagram really make me want it! Definitely looks like a nice size sample (fingers crossed that my box weight is big enough to get it).

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

they haven't been updated yet! your profile will show on the 10th if you click on the "box" tab, and then click "women"
Thank you! Says my box has shipped but no info is available yet!

I already got two full size liz earle cleansing polish + two cloths in a beautylish gift bag I got after visiting their office like two years ago. I already used one up, but between now and then I have moved three times and my boyfriend three times, and I lost the muslin :/ glad to see it in the shop as a small free shipping item. 

I already got two full size liz earle cleansing polish + two cloths in a beautylish gift bag I got after visiting their office like two years ago. I already used one up, but between now and then I have moved three times and my boyfriend three times, and I lost the muslin :/ glad to see it in the shop as a small free shipping item. 
How did you like the Liz Earle cleanser?

I noticed a lot of the boxes with the Liz Earle polish still had 4 items listed and that someone earlier said it was considered two products, if that is how they're going to do it (I hope not bc there are some realllyyyy good 6 item boxes) how do you review the cloth and the polish separately? Right now it looks like it counts as the same review 
icon_scratch.gif

Wow looking at some of the #birchbox instagrams and the French boxes are coming up... Seems like they all got at least 7 GREAT products, whereas some of our boxes contain only 4 (including the chapstick) (counting the liz earle items as one product).  Does anyone know if they pay more??  Because the quality difference is seriously insane

Quote: Originally Posted by ShannonHey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow looking at some of the #birchbox instagrams and the French boxes are coming up... Seems like they all got at least 7 GREAT products, whereas some of our boxes contain only 4 (including the chapstick) (counting the liz earle items as one product).  Does anyone know if they pay more??  Because the quality difference is seriously insane
They do look fantastic!  I believe that they are 10€

I really really hope I don't get whatever that Pillow Soft Curl thing is. My hair is chemically straightened and I can't use products like that on my hair, nor would I want to...hence the chemically straightening my hair to remove every ounce of curl from it. 

Quote: Originally Posted by ShannonHey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They definitely pay more.  France and Spain pay 10 euro, which is a slightly less than $14 depending on the day, and UK pays 10 pounds which is about $16.

Latest posts

Back