(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome to the birchbox topics! I hope your first box is lovely!

Thank you! I hope everyone gets a good one!

OT but Birchbox related: Did anyone else get an instagram notification saying they won the Juice Beauty + Ann Taylor hashtag thing?  I think if we took a picture inside the Ann Taylor store during the BB event and hashtagged it with something we were entered.. anyways, I got a notification saying I won a few weeks ago, sent in an email to the address listed, but haven't heard anything.. does anyone know how long those things are supposed to take?  My mail has been funky lately, and I just want to make sure I didn't miss it!  Tips?

Also, on instagram, I keep seeing Laura Mercier in boxes- I'd be extremely happy to see that!  Liz Earle and Laura Mercier come to me!

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Also, on instagram, I keep seeing Laura Mercier in boxes- I'd be extremely happy to see that!  Liz Earle and Laura Mercier come to me!

I too would be very happy to try either one of those! I haven't tried anything from either, which is surprising to me, especially with the Laura Mercier.

I think the LM stuff is only in the foreign boxes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The LM boxes I'm seeing are all French boxes.  

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the LM stuff is only in the foreign boxes
frown.gif

Rats!!!

Two things, although one is slightly off topic

1- boxes are now updating through 50 I believe....of course, quite a few of them have the Stainiac in them.  Grrrr......I already got that last year!

2- For any of you who are interested, the BEST store ever for hair care items in NYC, Ricky's, is offering Amika products at 30% off.  I was there last week and forgot to mention it here.  Of course, the store on 5th Ave did not have the hair mask.  Boo.  But the offer is available on their site as well:  rickysnyc.com  

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The LM boxes I'm seeing are all French boxes.  

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the LM stuff is only in the foreign boxes
frown.gif

This is the saddest 
frown.gif

Weird. Got my box for account 3 today. Yesterday I did not even have a clicky truck and still have not gotten a tracking email. I was so shocked to see my box in the mail!

Pretty pleased!!  Box weight 0.4950

I love hair things so the 12 Benefits will get used, as will the dr. brandt microdermabration. Chapstick is always in demand at my house.

I will probably put the stainiac and foundation up for swap. Does the Stainiac leave a nasty tasting film on anyone else? Benetint does the same thing... Bleh!

I just went through the boxes that were added since the last time I discovered that a solid third of the boxes had Stainiac. We are now up to 40% -- precisely 20 out of 50, if I counted correctly.

I just went through the boxes that were added since the last time I discovered that a solid third of the boxes had Stainiac. We are now up to 40% -- precisely 20 out of 50, if I counted correctly.
I thought I saw a lot!

Has anyone tried the staniac ? Is it any good?

Weird. Got my box for account 3 today. Yesterday I did not even have a clicky truck and still have not gotten a tracking email. I was so shocked to see my box in the mail! Pretty pleased!!  Box weight 0.4950  
I love hair things so the 12 Benefits will get used, as will the dr. brandt microdermabration. Chapstick is always in demand at my house. I will probably put the stainiac and foundation up for swap. Does the Stainiac leave a nasty tasting film on anyone else? Benetint does the same thing... Bleh!
I like staniac much better as a cheek stain! It's really pretty and natural looking.

And if you thought you saw a lot of Pop Beauty lip gloss, you're right: 22 of the 30 non-Stainiac boxes have it! I didn't bother looking at the Stainiac boxes because I was just looking at what boxes people who already received Stainiac might receive.

I was waffling on what to get with these!  I would have been spending points but didn't want to use them all, so I wanted an even $10 amount so I wouldn't be wasting any points, and I was still working on my basket.  And now it's too late.  I guess this is the universe's way of telling me that I DO NOT NEED these.

I had it in my cart also, and I was trying to decide if I wanted to bump my order up to $35+ for a free sample pack.  When I got my anniversary code a few months ago, it was out of stock also!  I guess the universe is definitely telling me I don't need them then ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But I still want!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I will probably put the stainiac and foundation up for swap. Does the Stainiac leave a nasty tasting film on anyone else? Benetint does the same thing... Bleh!

Oh yeah, Stainiac was not nice on my lips, and I didn't particularly like it on my cheeks either.  I haven't tried Benetint, but I think I just don't like that type of product.

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone tried the staniac ? Is it any good?

I like it--I have huge problems keeping lip products on, so I always put on a stain and then put gloss or lipstick on top--otherwise I will have bare lips by 9am.

Latest posts

Back