(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by IMDawnP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just logged in to my account to look something up and saw the words ... Your October Products so I closed out the tab because I do not peek. As much as I love to follow the thread before and right up to the boxes arriving I don't actually want to know what's in my box until I open it. I never log on after the 9th because I know the site updates on the 10th.  Did anyone else see this ?
That is amazing control! I would have have looked at it. At least one other person said that their box was updated for October. BB is rolling out t a bit early this month it seems.

Quote: Originally Posted by casey anne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just got my box!  Weight 0.57.  I received box 8:  https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb8

Nice box. I am hoping to get the Liz Earl in one of my other boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by misslaurelann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really really hope I don't get whatever that Pillow Soft Curl thing is. My hair is chemically straightened and I can't use products like that on my hair, nor would I want to...hence the chemically straightening my hair to remove every ounce of curl from it. 

You don't have to worry about that as far as I know, there's nothing inherently curling about it. The way it works in theory I think is in helping your hair trap moisture better (glycerin) so that if your hair is curly by default (like out of the shower...which I would assume is not your hair right now) it stays rather than deflate as it dries which is a common problem for some people - my hair is straighter the drier/more damaged it is so in my case that's how it helps. If you do get it then hopefully it's not a waste

got my box! Love it! Just finished uploading! Got the cleanser and cloth, chapstick Fake up and popgloss

I heard the mailman open the gate downstairs and literally ran to the door so I could get my box, haha

Here is box 15 and I am so psyched on it.  I had a feeling this would be one of the ones I would get, because I have curly hair marked.  I already own Jelly soft curls, but I will depot pillow soft curls and it will be great for traveling.

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I heard the mailman open the gate downstairs and literally ran to the door so I could get my box, haha

Here is box 15 and I am so psyched on it.  I had a feeling this would be one of the ones I would get, because I have curly hair marked.  I already own Jelly soft curls, but I will depot pillow soft curls and it will be great for traveling.

I would love this box.

My second account still doesn't have a clicky truck- does anyone else have a box that hasn't shipped yet? Mine have both usually shipped by now.

That is a great box!

Still haven't gotten an e-mail... hoping for one of the 6 product boxes though! (5 samples and the chapstick) I realllllly don't want that cleanser/cloth combo...

Quote: Originally Posted by plumplant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My second account still doesn't have a clicky truck- does anyone else have a box that hasn't shipped yet? Mine have both usually shipped by now.

I have one account and no shipping yet.  I usually get mine before the 10th, but I guess I'm in one of the last groups to ship this month.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Still haven't gotten an e-mail... hoping for one of the 6 product boxes though! (5 samples and the chapstick) I realllllly don't want that cleanser/cloth combo..
So if you get the cleanser and cloth does it count for two products!?

our box weights are exactly the same. i'm pretty much down with everything except the miss jessies because i don't style my hair, but i would be excited for this box regardless!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yay, a moving box (that initiated yesterday) on one account and nothing on the second!  This actually makes me happy because nothing -- not even a clicky truck with no active packing -- on the other account means the chances of having two different boxes increases dramatically.

And box weight:  0.62.  I had a 0.74 box one time, and it had a spray-in leave-in hair conditioner and a facial mist.  My first thought on this one is that it's a tube of shampoo (I just finished a Nick Chavez Volumizing shampoo tube that they sent out a while back and that I received in a trade, so that sort of size/packaging is on my mind).  They did just add a bunch of Bain de Terre haircare.  I just hope that if it *is* hair stuff, I don't get styling product.  The closest I can deal with to that sort of thing is Fekkai Glossing cream.  It's not a hold product.  That's my big issue:  Hold product = sticky.  I don't like sea salt spray, either, for the same reason.

My box weight is 0.62 too.

Despite having an estimated delivery date of the 11th, I got my first 2 boxes today--Yah!

The bad news? They *are* dupes after all. 
icon_sad.gif

The good news? At least the dupes are of one of the more desirable boxes. 
smilehappyyes.gif

I would list my box contents here, but I want to ask a general trading question and I don't want to get scolded for trying to be sneaky and trade here. My question is this: I have seen people ask to do full box swaps, but has it ever worked out for anyone? Since I literally have 2 of everything, a full box swap would be best for me--maybe with someone who got dupe boxes too but of a different box. However, if it never really works out, I don't want to waste my time proposing it in the trading thread. I really want and need to trade this month as there are soooo many things I really want to try. Any advice?

Quote: Originally Posted by eternalsnshine1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So if you get the cleanser and cloth does it count for two products!?

From reading all the other posts, that is my understanding.

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Despite having an estimated delivery date of the 11th, I got my first 2 boxes today--Yah!

The bad news? They *are* dupes after all. 
icon_sad.gif

The good news? At least the dupes are of one of the more desirable boxes. 
smilehappyyes.gif

I would list my box contents here, but I want to ask a general trading question and I don't want to get scolded for trying to be sneaky and trade here. My question is this: I have seen people ask to do full box swaps, but has it ever worked out for anyone? Since I literally have 2 of everything, a full box swap would be best for me--maybe with someone who got dupe boxes too but of a different box. However, if it never really works out, I don't want to waste my time proposing it in the trading thread. I really want and need to trade this month as there are soooo many things I really want to try. Any advice?

i have done quite a few full box swaps before, when i either get dupes or near dupes of my boxes!

what i have tended to do what stalk this thread and watch out for people who HATE their box, see if it's something I might like then message them and propose a swap!

I wish Birchbox would make our boxes (literally the physical boxes themselves) the same as the international boxes. They no longer are a pink company, so why should we get stuck with the old pink packaging when the international subbies get a fun new bag and colored box each month :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> booooo #tiredofpink :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't want a clicky truck anyway. 
mad.gif

Haha! Right?

Neither of my accounts have tracking info or shipping emails. I know it's still early but I want at least one to come through so I can start obsessing and tracking :p

Despite having an estimated delivery date of the 11th, I got my first 2 boxes today--Yah! The bad news? They *are* dupes after all. :icon_sad: The good news? At least the dupes are of one of the more desirable boxes.  :smilehappyyes: I would list my box contents here, but I want to ask a general trading question and I don't want to get scolded for trying to be sneaky and trade here. My question is this: I have seen people ask to do full box swaps, but has it ever worked out for anyone? Since I literally have 2 of everything, a full box swap would be best for me--maybe with someone who got dupe boxes too but of a different box. However, if it never really works out, I don't want to waste my time proposing it in the trading thread. I really want and need to trade this month as there are soooo many things I really want to try. Any advice?
I did one last month and it was great!!

Latest posts

Back