(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my tracking update (and my shipping e-mail from Birchbox) last night.

My box weight is 0.47 and is expected to arrive ... 10/14? I usually get my boxes within 2 days of receiving the e-mail so hopefully that projection is way off.

<<Cry baby alert!>>> This will be month 15 for me and I have loved most of my boxes and really liked all the others. There are so many awesome things I would love to get this month yet I have a sinking feeling this is going to be my bomb month which will be very sad because it's my birthday next week. WAH! Ok, all better now.

Quote: Originally Posted by IMDawnP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box weight is 0.47 and is expected to arrive ... 10/14? I usually get my boxes within 2 days of receiving the e-mail so hopefully that projection is way off.

<<Cry baby alert!>>> This will be month 15 for me and I have loved most of my boxes and really liked all the others. There are so many awesome things I would love to get this month yet I have a sinking feeling this is going to be my bomb month which will be very sad because it's my birthday next week. WAH! Ok, all better now.

My expected delivery date is the 11th, yet my box has been here in KC since the 6th, so I'm thinking there's no way I won't have it by tomorrow, if not today.

Hi!!

I see you all saying that BB does no repeats, but if we all got Ruffian last month, why is it in some variations??  Sorry, newbie here. I just don't understand these things yet!
icon_redface.gif

For the first time in months that both of my accts tracking have not been updated :-(. I usually get my birchbox before the 10th for the last 5 months. Not this time. Paid early before the 2nd I think. Maybe they changed their formula to move me down that may get my birchboxes at two weeks later?

Hi!! I see you all saying that BB does no repeats, but if we all got Ruffian last month, why is it in some variations??  Sorry, newbie here. I just don't understand these things yet! :icon_redf
As long as the color is different, they'll consider it a different sample. Lame, I know.

Anyone else get the Discovery Dash: Mystery Deals email? When I click-through to the site, I get this message:

There are no products matching the selection.

Did these sell out already?

Quote: Originally Posted by CaitlinK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi!!

I see you all saying that BB does no repeats, but if we all got Ruffian last month, why is it in some variations??  Sorry, newbie here. I just don't understand these things yet!
icon_redface.gif

1. They won't send you an exact repeat, but if there is a variation in color for things like nail polish, eye liner, etc. they will. 

2. New subscribers!  Remember that not everyone was subscribed last month to have gotten the polish.  Last year, everyone got the staniac, but now it is in 1/3 of the boxes because of people who weren't subscribed then.

Quote: Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For the first time in months that both of my accts tracking have not been updated :-(. I usually get my birchbox before the 10th for the last 5 months. Not this time. Paid early before the 2nd I think. Maybe they changed their formula to move me down that may get my birchboxes at two weeks later?

Eh, it's pretty random.  Some months I get my email way early, and some months it doesn't update until the 10th.  I've been subscribed for 19 months and it has gone back and forth for me.

I used to be in one of the earliest waves to get shipped but this month my account still shows as not shipped.  I love seeing what everyone got in their box though.

Quote: Originally Posted by jorja628 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anyone else get the Discovery Dash: Mystery Deals email? When I click-through to the site, I get this message:

There are no products matching the selection.

Did these sell out already?

no, the link in the email is wrong.  even when they've sold out, the product is still there on the page just with a big sold out sign on it.

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/featured/24-hour-discovery-dash

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else with a weight of .500 gotten their box yet??

My .500 box was just delivered, only I'm at work for the next 8 hours..... Waiting is a pain.

Quote: Originally Posted by IMDawnP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

<<Cry baby alert!>>> This will be month 15 for me and I have loved most of my boxes and really liked all the others. There are so many awesome things I would love to get this month yet I have a sinking feeling this is going to be my bomb month which will be very sad because it's my birthday next week. WAH! Ok, all better n
box twins!

Quote: Originally Posted by Autym Henderson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My .500 box was just delivered, only I'm at work for the next 8 hours..... Waiting is a pain.

mine is .5100 so maybe the same box

tracking finally updated = .6200

eta is the 14th but i wouldn't be surprised if it came like thursday or friday.

Just got my box... Weight was .5150. Box contained:
Reality based foundation in shade 3 - squat little bottle, a little bigger around than a Chapstick and just slightly taller than it is wide. DDF wrinkle resist plus pore minimizer.5 fl oz Shea terra rose hips black soap 1fl oz Staniac in beauty queen, 1.2 oz Chapstick, of course. Pretty happy with the box - I'm one of those crazy people who LOVES lip balm, so any time someone sends me some, I'm pretty much a happy girl... And I was hoping for the soap and I love primers and DDF products so, hooray.
This box looks AMAZING!!!! Crossing my fingers for this one..my weight is .5200

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. They won't send you an exact repeat, but if there is a variation in color for things like nail polish, eye liner, etc. they will. 

2. New subscribers!  Remember that not everyone was subscribed last month to have gotten the polish.  Last year, everyone got the staniac, but now it is in 1/3 of the boxes because of people who weren't subscribed then.
Thanks!  And hopefully that means I won't get a Ruffian variation because they already sent me Delirium and although it's a pretty color, it bubbled all over my nails as it dried every time I tried to wear it.

Quote: Originally Posted by invisiblebike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Isn't today the day the box page usually updates?

that's the tenth.

Latest posts

Back