(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI I was reading a thread on Birchbox's Facebook this weekend and they were actually responding to people who said they never get things they like in their boxes, and advised them to contact Customer Service who would help them revamp their profile to make sure they get things they like. 

Is anyone else deeply underwhelmed with this month's selections?  The only things I'm interested in are the karuna masks and some of the dermablend stuff.  To be fair, the Stainiac is great, but I've gotten that before, so can't get it again.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This month's discovery dash:

seriously give me all of it, those twistbands look GORGEOUS and so appropriate for fall.

I really liked the PUR CC cream I sampled. And those Sage + Fasten perfumes will be mine!

seriously give me all of it, those twistbands look GORGEOUS and so appropriate for fall.

Thanks for this! Those rollerballs have been in my favorites for a while, I just put in an order for two of them and added a two-pack of lip balm for free shipping!

And don't forget to add a mystery pack to your order, gals.

For some reason the twistbands don't seem like as good of a deal as the laqa and the perfumes. or maybe i'm just bad at mental math (guaranteed).

I'm crossing my fingers for box 15, 18, 19, or 25... but let's be real, I get REALLLLY excited no matter what shows up!

Quote: Originally Posted by kellsbells /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  * 12 Benefits instant healthy hair treatment * Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion skin exfoliant-good size! .25oz *the chapstick of course * dr. Brandt Light years away whitening cream cleanser-two foil packets *Stainiac cheek & lip stain in Beauty queen? -i'm gonna be trading this if anyone wants it! Overall, not bad!
OMG! Just got my box!  This is the earliest ever for me. Weight was .4990. Sorry i couldnt post a pic but i listed everything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Lets hope i did the spoiler right!

ooooh, I would be VERY happy to get that box! Really want to try the microdermabrasion cream. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I LOVE the twistband colors as well. So pretty. I think I'm definitely going to be getting those with some points! I bought that Sage + Fasten set last year in my first BB order. It's a GREAT set, love the scents. I didn't dislike any of them, and I am pretty picky with perfume! Is the Laqa a gloss? What do people think about that if they've tried it?

For some reason the twistbands don't seem like as good of a deal as the laqa and the perfumes. or maybe i'm just bad at mental math (guaranteed).
They aren't. They're "just" 30% off while the perfume set is around 45%. I passed on them, even though they're pretty. I'm more interested in the head bands anyway and there's a six-piece headband set on Birchbox for $19 that I'll eventually get with an anniversary code.

just ordered 2 of the perfume sets (if you use code bbshop you'll get free shipping) and used $30 in points, so I spent $3.70 with tax....2 Christmas presents down!

Yah! Looks like I can post again. That was weird.

Anyway, I saw soooo many boxes I wanted that I wasn't focusing on boxes I would hate. When I did that, I came up with 8 boxes out of what has been posted so far that have nothing in them I want or need in any way. (Boxes 3, 4, 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, and 24). The only good news is that I should not get 6 of those boxes because they have Stainiac in them. That leaves only 2 boxes I could get that I'd absolutely hate--6 and 19. I don't want to jinx it, but those are pretty good odds. I'm just hoping they don't come up with tons of new box variations they haven't posted yet which I will also hate. I know I'm not the type of person who should sub to BB because I'm so picky, but when I get a good box it makes me so happy. And unlike last month, this is a month where I really care about what I get. The...suspense...is...killing...me!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They aren't. They're "just" 30% off while the perfume set is around 45%. I passed on them, even though they're pretty. I'm more interested in the head bands anyway and there's a six-piece headband set on Birchbox for $19 that I'll eventually get with an anniversary code.

I agree, I like the headbands way more, the hair ties don't stay in my hair very well. I'll probably pass and do the same as you.

Quote: Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVE the twistband colors as well. So pretty. I think I'm definitely going to be getting those with some points! I bought that Sage + Fasten set last year in my first BB order. It's a GREAT set, love the scents. I didn't dislike any of them, and I am pretty picky with perfume! Is the Laqa a gloss? What do people think about that if they've tried it?

The Laqa is nail polish.

(And now that my hair is longer, it laughs at the twistband headbands, and it's too thick for the twistband hair ties.  I have to make my own.  Twistband's headbands are two per yard of elastic, and the hair ties are four per yard, but I have to make my own hair ties three per yard.  I want them because sparkly!  But, realistically, I have to pass, damn it.  On the up side, I did manage to get dozens of yards for under a buck a piece at a fabric store seasonal clearance sale. so I have no business buying any more anyway.)

just ordered 2 of the perfume sets (if you use code bbshop you'll get free shipping) and used $30 in points, so I spent $3.70 with tax....2 Christmas presents down!
Aww bbshop didn't work for me. Can you only use it once, because it has worked for me in the past?

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Laqa is nail polish.

(And now that my hair is longer, it laughs at the twistband headbands, and it's too thick for the twistband hair ties.  I have to make my own.  Twistband's headbands are two per yard of elastic, and the hair ties are four per yard, but I have to make my own hair ties three per yard.  I want them because sparkly!  But, realistically, I have to pass, damn it.  On the up side, I did manage to get dozens of yards for under a buck a piece at a fabric store seasonal clearance sale. so I have no business buying any more anyway.)
ahhhh, good to know, haha! I didn't realize they made polishes. 

Latest posts

Back