(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by beautynewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby Dynamite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I'm up late, as usual, and doing a bit of brainstorming regarding bb points and gifting subscriptions, and I thought someone might have some insights on a few things.

I have two accounts for which I pay by the month. I'll be up to 500 points on one account soon, and was thinking about attempting to use my points to 'gift' my second account a 6 month subscription for $60, making the cost $10 for 6 months after using the $50 in points. 

First, is it possible to give a gift sub to a month-by-month account? And if so, let's say I gifted the subscription after I receive my October boxes...would the gift sub then take the place of the month-to-month sub on that account for 6 months, with the first box starting in November? And what would I need to do as far as making sure the gift takes affect, so I'm not charged the monthly fee on November first? 

If anyone knows or has attempted this, I'd love to hear how it worked out
smile.gif

I did this with my second account. From my main account, I used my points for a three months sub and gifted it to my second account. I have done it twice lol. My best advice is to do it after being billed for the month. It automatically will stop it from billing you until it runs out.
The part where you choose the date has worked differently for me both times but my guess is that it depended on timing. First time I did it, I got my usual monthly box ( from being billed month to month) and after putting my gift code in it scheduled the welcome box during that same month and so the following month I got the second box in my subscription.second time I tried it, the welcome box replaced the following months box after my last billed month. The good thing is that it does let you decide certain dates for it to send it. Hope that doesn't sound confusing! It's early! Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i gifted myself a 3 month sub back in march with my points. it works and they don't bill you the $10 on the 1st as long as it's in a gift sub. you might get one of those "Welcome boxes" though.
Thanks ladies! I'm gonna go for it! I'd like to set it up so that my welcome box comes in late October (after the regular box I've already paid for), so I will get a regular box in November 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 I was wondering something else today, would the gift sub contents fall under the 'no repeats' rule, since it's technically the same sub? 

Quote: Originally Posted by ScopeIt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey I don't know if anyone else mentioned this yet, but if you use the YEARLY99 you can also get the Amika travel hair dryer AND the mystery pack for free.

I totally did this too! I had a brainstorm at work, can't wait for my mystery pack and hair dryer to arrive!

I came soooooo close to missing out on the blow dryer. I already had my order and pick 2 in my cart just waitin on my paycheck. When I got up this morning I was so happy it was finally place my order day. I allllmosssst checked out and at the last second thought hmmm I should just check the bonus shop real quick. Was the blow dryer there yesterday? I could have sworn I didnt see it then. But anyway YAY bc my blow dryer died last week. I know its a mini but it'll be good for now. I think I came out pretty good tho not near as good as I see other bb'ers do. I got Laura Geller Spackle ($27), Laura Geller bronze & brighten ($33), Jouer lip tint in bb pink ($20) and a Jurlique Rose love balm ($6.50) plus the mystery 2 pack & the blower dryer for $44 after points and my anniversary code. Not too shabby :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you everyone!!! Just used the YEARLY99 code, added the Amika hair dryer, and free mystery pick 2. Does the yearly subscription start in November since we already paid for October? I was on a month-to-month plan.

I just upgraded my 2nd account to a yearly subscription and got the Birchbox pouch (the "green" one), mystery pick 2 pack, and mini Amika hair dryer for $127 total (20% off FIRST20OFF code [though I know now that the 20% off was only applied to the Birchbox pouch] + free pick 2 pack & hair dryer).  I'm so glad I remembered the pick 2 pack and current non-code GWP this time.

Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just wanted to share the new Amika hairdryer with $85 purchase gift on Birchbox. Plus it's combinable with the Yearly99 promotion!

Nice! hope you get a good pick 2

I just reviewed new products on their website. Under "What's new?". I'm so excited that Bain de Terre hair products are in the shop! I used to love their products years ago that one of scent was my favorite: apple. They discontinued all products about a few years ago. I guess either the company got new investors or bought out or whatever that happened totally re-imaged with newer products. I'm kinda disappointed that they're including argan and macadamaia oils in their line which I've been trying to avoid. Excited to try Liz Earle products. Not looking forward to chapsticks. For some reason, chapsticks never work on my lip. It makes it drier, peeled, and chapped. I'll stick to Dr. Lipp's. I know most of you guys don't like Dr. Lipp's due to sheep/by animal product. Remember, we are mammals; sheep are mammals. Why does it work? Because we have similar ingredients in our skin so that's why Dr. Lipp's works. Wax isn't a natural component because there's no wax ingredient in our body except inside our ears. The whole point is that I only try to stick products that works well that has an ability to regenerate my skin.

Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just wanted to share the new Amika hairdryer with $85 purchase gift on Birchbox. Plus it's combinable with the Yearly99 promotion!

Thanks! I upgraded my 3rd account (don't judge me! lol ) to yearly, got the blow dryer and the pick two for $99. happy happy happy

Quote: Originally Posted by dotybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am sure this has bern asked a million times before-- but I just upgraded to a yearly (yay coupon code + plus two mystery pack!) subscription but I was also charged for my October box. Will I get two boxes for October or will my yearly subscription start in November?
Someone posted earlier that the yearly will start in November.

I went ahead and signed up for a year, the mystery pack, and blow dryer. Thanks for all the tips!

ugh. this box is only going to be my 20th on this account... need the 21st box promo to get my $85 down to where I can buy it all with my 50-60 points. I NEED that travel dryer, I am seriously obsessed.

Upgraded my main account sub to a yearly and added on the hair dryer and mystery pick 2! Used Yearly99 too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks for posting all the details!

I just tried the YEARLY99 promo code, and looks like it doesn't work anymore. Wasn't it set to expire on Oct 6? Oh well, it'll come around again.

I just tried the YEARLY99 promo code, and looks like it doesn't work anymore. Wasn't it set to expire on Oct 6? Oh well, it'll come around again.
I believe it was only valid until October 4th.

Another off topic post, but I know a lot of Birchbox subscribers loved the Joie fragrance.

Joie sent me a $50 'gift card' for my birthday. For reference, I've never bought anything from the store. However, I had signed up for their e-mail list (during a Birchbox event at the Joie Soho location) a couple months ago.

The restrictions are as follows (bolded the important details):

"This card is only valid during the calendar month of the recipient's birthday. Valid ID must be present at time of check out to verify birth date. Only valid on full prized merchandise and can not be combined with any other offers. This promotional discount is redeemable only for merchandise at Joie retail stores and may not be used on Joie.com."

So, this $50 'gift card', assuming it is applicable for the fragrance, would bring down the cost of the fragrance to less than $50 (about half price). 

I am excited for this months box!  I have never tried a lip primer before and knowing it is an affordable brand like chapstick helps.  

omg! glad i checked the thread! i haven't checked my email yet, but my shipping info was clickable and is updated! ETA oct 11 (i usually get it 1-2 days early)  and it weighs .580 !!! I'm so excited!!! 

Latest posts

Back