(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heeeey, did anyone else notice that they changed the feedback popover to a separate page? I can do feedback on my phone now! Whoo!

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It just means you can buy it with points! And that's alright with me! Right? Right?? Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I should pay better attention. I'm sad now.
frown.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am sorry to burst any bubbles, but I'm pretty sure they just added LM to the store, not our Oct boxes.  Someday!!!  
eusa_pray.gif

Yes indeed!  I think my next point hoard will be spent on some of these babies!

Quote: Originally Posted by bellerenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can someone post a list/transcript of the sneak peak items?

Products:Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish: Available soon on Birchbox.comPOP Beauty Lip Gloss: Available soon on Birchbox.comChapStick Hydration Lock: Available at your local drugstoreamika GWP Mod Mini Blow Dryer: http://birch.ly/15IZ2hsLaura Mercier: Available soon on Birchbox.com12 Benefitsâ„¢ Instant Healthy Hair Treatment:http://birch.ly/16ZhmwQdr. brandt® microdermabrasion skin exfoliant: http://goo.gl/CTQzlRtheBalm® cosmetics Stainiac: http://goo.gl/kzX8qa

Quick question?  I upgraded to yearly using the YEARLY99 code.  It shows a box shipping 10/13/13.  I was already charged for my Oct box.  Does this mean I will get 2 boxes this month?  Will they credit me $10?  I have never upgraded to yearly before!  Guess I should probably contact BB CS.

Also did the Amika dryer (to match my Amika mini flat iron) and mystery pick 2!  

I want Staniac. They always send me skincare, and love to send me lipgloss, which I don't mind at all. But, I am hoping my "classic" profile might score me a staniac, because I've never tried it, or benetint. Always wanted to.

So I'm up late, as usual, and doing a bit of brainstorming regarding bb points and gifting subscriptions, and I thought someone might have some insights on a few things.

I have two accounts for which I pay by the month. I'll be up to 500 points on one account soon, and was thinking about attempting to use my points to 'gift' my second account a 6 month subscription for $60, making the cost $10 for 6 months after using the $50 in points. 

First, is it possible to give a gift sub to a month-by-month account? And if so, let's say I gifted the subscription after I receive my October boxes...would the gift sub then take the place of the month-to-month sub on that account for 6 months, with the first box starting in November? And what would I need to do as far as making sure the gift takes affect, so I'm not charged the monthly fee on November first? 

If anyone knows or has attempted this, I'd love to hear how it worked out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, I was kind of annoyed when Ipsy sent me the lip balm, but I am now oddly excited for the ChapStick! 

So I'm up late, as usual, and doing a bit of brainstorming regarding bb points and gifting subscriptions, and I thought someone might have some insights on a few things. I have two accounts for which I pay by the month. I'll be up to 500 points on one account soon, and was thinking about attempting to use my points to 'gift' my second account a 6 month subscription for $60, making the cost $10 for 6 months after using the $50 in points.  First, is it possible to give a gift sub to a month-by-month account? And if so, let's say I gifted the subscription after I receive my October boxes...would the gift sub then take the place of the month-to-month sub on that account for 6 months, with the first box starting in November? And what would I need to do as far as making sure the gift takes affect, so I'm not charged the monthly fee on November first?  If anyone knows or has attempted this, I'd love to hear how it worked out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I did this with my second account. From my main account, I used my points for a three months sub and gifted it to my second account. I have done it twice lol. My best advice is to do it after being billed for the month. It automatically will stop it from billing you until it runs out. The part where you choose the date has worked differently for me both times but my guess is that it depended on timing. First time I did it, I got my usual monthly box ( from being billed month to month) and after putting my gift code in it scheduled the welcome box during that same month and so the following month I got the second box in my subscription.second time I tried it, the welcome box replaced the following months box after my last billed month. The good thing is that it does let you decide certain dates for it to send it. Hope that doesn't sound confusing! It's early!

Quote: Originally Posted by mckondik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok, I was kind of annoyed when Ipsy sent me the lip balm, but I am now oddly excited for the ChapStick! 

I think because we're ALL getting it.  It's not a "You might get lip balm... OR A UD LIPSTICK!" It's "Yay, everyone gets a ChapStick!"

and not just any ChapStick... a LIPSTICK-ENHANCING ChapStick!  I'm excited too!

Is it bad that I'm actually super excited for the Chapstick lip primer?! I've been looking for a product like that, AND if it works for me it will actually be affordable to buy again!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Heeeey, did anyone else notice that they changed the feedback popover to a separate page? I can do feedback on my phone now! Whoo!

Thank god! I was always so frustrated not being able to do them on my phone or iPad.

Last year during the holidays, I got two Lip Smacker tins with probably six tubes of lip balm each (because two-for-one coupon!). I also picked up a half dozen NYC Applicious balms in June or so. I have used maybe two of each -- but I am still insanely excited about the Chapstick! I am a serious lip balm fanatic. I always have at least one within reach. I get twitchy if I so much as leave my office to get a sandwich to bring back to my desk and don't take some with me. It goes back to a horrible sunburn in high school. Marching band. Saxophone. Rose Parade. It's been more than twenty-five years, but just *thinking* about it makes me want to buy more lip balm!

Hautelook has urban Decay on sale today! There are eyeshadows and 24/7 eyeliners for $4 each! I just placed an order for 5 things and it came to $26 with shipping. It's amazing considering than one full priced liner is $19

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think if you have thick hair, or long hair, and you don't mind learning how to use it, it is quite nice. From the reviews, I expected it to be tricky, but it was pretty easy for me. I found videos online that demonstrated. As long as I make a ponytail first, and wrap pretty tight (not super tight) it works everytime.
Quote: Originally Posted by MissRoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought the wrap up a few weeks ago. I have a few layers in my hair and the wrap up is pretty decent. It breaks up the monotony of the same ol' ponytail I wear to drop my kids off at school everyday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I gave it a quick try this morning and it was ok, but I was in a hurry so I gave up.  The only problem I see is that I have a lot of layers that were kind of falling out, but I think if I did it tighter it would be fine.  I'll have to watch the video for it again lol.  For $10 or so plus a discount, I think I'll like it.

As for the 12 Benefits Spray, I just finished my sample of it (only 3 uses lol) and I LOVED it!  I will be buying a full size for sure.  Made my hair so smooth and silky.  I did not notice a scent to it though, some of you said it had one? I cant remember if I got it in a pick 2 or in one of my subs so there's a chance I could get another this month.  I haven't used the BP spray to compare it to though.

Add me to the list of those excited for the Chapstick primer! I just ordered Talk That Talk from the Riri Hearts Mac collection, and I've read that it can be kind of a pain to apply. Provided my already backordered lipstick doesn't get canceled altogether, I'll need something to make it glide on my lips more easily. This Chapstick seems perfect. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back