(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to share the new Amika hairdryer with $85 purchase gift on Birchbox. Plus it's combinable with the Yearly99 promotion!
That's awesome. Great catch with the hair dryer

I logged on to update my profile and ended up placing an order for the wrap-up and those Jane Tran bobby pins (so cute!). I've been intrigued by the wrap-up for a while, even though it has mixed reviews.
I think if you have thick hair, or long hair, and you don't mind learning how to use it, it is quite nice. From the reviews, I expected it to be tricky, but it was pretty easy for me. I found videos online that demonstrated. As long as I make a ponytail first, and wrap pretty tight (not super tight) it works everytime.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I logged on to update my profile and ended up placing an order for the wrap-up and those Jane Tran bobby pins (so cute!). I've been intrigued by the wrap-up for a while, even though it has mixed reviews.

I bought the wrap up a few weeks ago. I have a few layers in my hair and the wrap up is pretty decent. It breaks up the monotony of the same ol' ponytail I wear to drop my kids off at school everyday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just wanted to share the new Amika hairdryer with $85 purchase gift on Birchbox. Plus it's combinable with the Yearly99 promotion!

Awesome! Now I wish I waited to sub. Oh well!

Got this email from birchbox!

Quote: Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

October Sneek peek video

Oooo! Looks like October is going to be decent. Excited for the chapstick! 

I am SO excited for this month. Everything in the video looks awesome and I have high hopes for great boxes this month :-D Come on the 10th!

I ordered the 12 Benefits spray from the "Favorites" shop in September, and I like it!  I'm not sure if I prefer that one or the Beauty Protector.  The 12 Benefits is a bit thicker, but the BP smells a lot better, I think.  They both make my hair feel soft and moisturized.

Quote: Originally Posted by noxlunate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  October looks good! I'm super excited for the beauty find.

Me too!  It sounds amazing, really hoping it lives up to the hype!

Video looks great!  Excited for the extra too.  I'm glad they showed the Amika blow dryer in there because I lol'ed when I saw her holding it up.  As much as it sucks to travel with a full sized hair dryer- that little pigmy would never work for me
laughno.gif
.  Glad I talked myself out of renewing my now-expired gift sub to get that.  

Nice spoiler video. I really hope I get to try the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I have been wanting to try that for a long time.  If they send me that Pop Beauty lip gloss I am going to scream. That would be four months in a row for lipstick/lip gloss and I am so tired of it. I can only use so much.

Yay! Everything looks awesome! I can almost guarantee that both of my box will have the 12 things spray in it because I just ordered the full size Beauty Protector spray. Oh well!

I am super excited!  I really hope I get the 

12 benefits spray, any of the lip products (because even though I don't wear lipgloss, they are great gifts), and some skin care stuff!

I laughed so hard at the little blowdryer too! Although, I am considering adding it to my mini-hair-tools kit with the mini straightener. 

I admit, the pattern sucked me in too.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheNewMrsRivers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I laughed so hard at the little blowdryer too! Although, I am considering adding it to my mini-hair-tools kit with the mini straightener. 

I admit, the pattern sucked me in too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Video looks great!  Excited for the extra too.  I'm glad they showed the Amika blow dryer in there because I lol'ed when I saw her holding it up.  As much as it sucks to travel with a full sized hair dryer- that little pigmy would never work for me
laughno.gif
.  Glad I talked myself out of renewing my now-expired gift sub to get that.  

See, I have a pixie cut and use a hairdryer for a couple minutes for volume/when it's cold out, so this size is perfect for my travels! But I can see where it wouldn't be enough for the longer-haired girls out there.

Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

See, I have a pixie cut and use a hairdryer for a couple minutes for volume/when it's cold out, so this size is perfect for my travels! But I can see where it wouldn't be enough for the longer-haired girls out there.

I have tons of hair but I just made my upgraded my account to annual and got the hair drier.  I just think it so cute.  I am sure I can find some way to use it.  I really wanted to get the mini straightener :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  So sad I missed it. 

Latest posts

Back