(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by DorotaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wanted the k cups too!!! I had five-one and it was telling me I was wrong! I put in Four, four, 4... Then I had to use my fingers to count just to be sure that five take away one is four. I felt so dumb even though I knew I was right! I'll try again later because I really am interested in trying those out!
I ordered a Simple sample first. Then I had the same problem you are describing above so closed my browser window, immediately opened a new one and was able to order the K-cups with no problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Alison Raffaele products are being sampled in some boxes. Jpark107 went to a birchbloggers event that featured her, and that is what she was told in an email.

Ah, so just a brand spoiler? I was thinking a specific item like, say, benefit They're Real mascara (for some bizarre reason, this is the *only* specific product I can think of at the moment).
Yup, just a brand spoiler. I wrote an overview about the brand/products in the spoiler below:

The brand makes primer, foundation, concealer, luminizer, translucent powder and tools (meaning, no color cosmetics). I tested the products at the Birchbox office and I liked them - lightweight, buildable and non-cakey. I also appreciate that the brand's products are free of parabens, fragrance, mineral oil, talc (and are also gluten-free and vegan). Although I should include a disclaimer that I'm not an expert in any sort of makeup!

Quote: Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by AmandaMaven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OT - I'm having a great day!

1. I got an invite for a Birchblogger breakfast with Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox). The breakfast will be at the Birchbox office and a makeup gift will be given to us, including her Reality Base Foundation.

2. I was given a verbal job offer at a magnet hospital in NYC.

3. I had some fun mail (Nars and MAC giveaway prizes).

icon_cheers.gif

I got invited too, but I live too far away so I had to pass :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( I hope you have fun!!

Did anyone else get the email for annual subscriptions for $99? I am a little sad cause I *just* got an annual subscription about a week ago.

Aww, too bad that you couldn't make it for this event!

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. I got an invite for a Birchblogger breakfast with Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox). The breakfast will be at the Birchbox office and a makeup gift will be given to us, including her Reality Base Foundation.

icon_cheers.gif

Congrats on the job offer!! The birchblogger event sounds like fun. It's so fantastic that you were selected!
Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cheers.gif

That is sooo exciting!!! Congratulations! If you don't mind sharing some gossip about Birchblogger event?  
wink.gif

Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cheers.gif

Congrats on the job offer and being picked for the Birchblogger breakfast!

Thanks!

To give a quick summary of the event: Alison was quite knowledgeable, funny and blunt. We were color-matched to Alison's products. Alison shared some tips with us (which many of you may already know):

• The correct order of makeup application = foundation first and concealer second.
  • Use a transparent powder to set makeup. This helps prevent makeup from settling in fine lines and wrinkles.
  • For dry skin, use a primer after you apply moisturizer. Primers seal in moisturizers.
  • 90% of the time, people can use the same shade of foundation and concealer. You don't need to use the green, yellow and purple colored concealers.
  • Alison Raffaele Cosmetics are free of parabens, mineral oil, fragrance and talc. Also these products are gluten-free and vegan.

Here are the goodies from the event:

Awesome goodies!

so, i just got home and found an email for a birchbox subscription in my inbox, signed up and im getting a box this month! being that its my first box, will i be getting the october box or do they have a separate welcome box for first timers?

Quote: Originally Posted by english /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  so, i just got home and found an email for a birchbox subscription in my inbox, signed up and im getting a box this month! being that its my first box, will i be getting the october box or do they have a separate welcome box for first timers?

You'll get an October box! Welcome boxes are only for gift subscriptions. 

smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You'll get an October box! Welcome boxes are only for gift subscriptions. 

smile.gif

awesome! i cant wait! (=

Quote: Originally Posted by klg534 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They normally do the video sneak peak on the first right?

No, not necessarily. September was the 2nd, August was the 5th, July was the 5th.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Not sure if this has been posted, but an image from the October sneak peek taping.

afterglow%20(11).jpeg

ooh thanks! looks like whish and the 12 benefits hair stuff, candy corn too?

So I was supposed to be auto-charged for my yearly sub today and I wanted to use the YEARLY99 code (plus a pick-two), so I "opted out" so I could add the code manually. I was trying to manually resubscribe today and there doesn't appear to be anywhere to re-sub. Does anyone know how long it will take to reflect not being an "active" subscriber for October?

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Not sure if this has been posted, but an image from the October sneak peek taping.

afterglow%20(11).jpeg

That pink bottle looks kinda like the 12 Benefits Spray stuff they sent out a while ago. I liked it. 

Is anyone else hoping for a new limited edition box? I loved the CEW boxes and have been hoping for a new one (the head of the class one did not appeal to me). I have a few hundred points ready to spend on a good box or two.

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone else hoping for a new limited edition box? I loved the CEW boxes and have been hoping for a new one (the head of the class one did not appeal to me). I have a few hundred points ready to spend on a good box or two.

I was just thinking about how I would love to see another one come out!!!

my mom's birthday is coming up and she loved the Wonder Woman Box. She doesn't "shop around" enough for me to get her a birchbox subscription, so I like getting her the limited edition boxes with full size products that she'll use up. She had a field day digging through my CEW haul too.

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I was supposed to be auto-charged for my yearly sub today and I wanted to use the YEARLY99 code (plus a pick-two), so I "opted out" so I could add the code manually. I was trying to manually resubscribe today and there doesn't appear to be anywhere to re-sub. Does anyone know how long it will take to reflect not being an "active" subscriber for October?

that's weird? i bet if you called BB directly they would probably help you out!

I was just thinking about how I would love to see another one come out!!! my mom's birthday is coming up and she loved the Wonder Woman Box. She doesn't "shop around" enough for me to get her a birchbox subscription, so I like getting her the limited edition boxes with full size products that she'll use up. She had a field day digging through my CEW haul too.
When did they sell a "wonder woman" box. I've been subscribed for almost 2 years and I honestly don't remember that box??

I think it was around April/May/Mother's day.  They had a FB contest where you could nominate a "wonder woman" to win a box.  Then they sold them in the shop too.  If memory serves they went quick!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissRoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When did they sell a "wonder woman" box. I've been subscribed for almost
2 years and I honestly don't remember that box??

Latest posts

Back