PopSugar Fall Style Special Edition!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so excited for this box, but it just not for me. I am thinking of selling my box, so let message me if you want to buy it.

I am trying soooo hard not to look at the spoilers but the mixed reviews have me dying to peek!! Ughh this is TORTURE (it's also self inflicted, which is even sadder lmao).

...about 2 minutes after I posted that...I looked. #EPICFALL But the box is a MAJOR WIN for me!!! Ahh so excited!! I will have to try harder not to spoil the September box...but I have very little faith in myself now lmao.

Without giving anything away, it's a box where the brand names of the products drive the retail prices up, which might mean you think it's luxurious and love it. And it might be worth the money to most people. I kind of want to do a test to see if I can reproduce most of the box with cheaper products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Besides, how are these items related to "Fall Style"??

Bubble Bath.. Cookies.. Ring.. Cloth bag.. Scrub.. Notebook.. eye shadows..

To me it is just a collection of items which are just more expensive than their Target or other convenience store counterparts. I cannot for the life of me dissern any Fall-specific theme here..

I was hoping for a cute fall accessoty, like fingerless gloves, or cute scarf, whatever, just not his. Thiws is a good value, yes, just not what I have hoped for!

Shopping Cart Items to buy now
Quantity
Price

Modadorn New Arrivals Spring & fall Star Light Infinity Charcoal Scarf Women's fashion, clothing & accessories

$12.99

In Stock

Shipped from: Modadorn

Gift options not available (Learn more)

Delete  Â·  Save for later

BUILT Neoprene Two Bottle Tote, Mini Dot, Navy - Built NY, Inc

$13.24

You save:$4.75 ( 26%)

prime-check._V149675026_.gif

In Stock

This will be a gift (Learn more)

Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub, Almond & Honey, 18-Ounce Jars (Pack of 3) - Tree Hut

$16.77

You save:$4.20 ( 20%)

Only 11 left in stock.

Olay Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser 6 Fl Oz - Olay

$11.72

You save:$6.27 ( 35%)

In Stock

e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow Palette, California, 6 Grams - e.l.f.

$10.00

In Stock

Rite In The Rain Spiral Notebook - Journal #393 - J.L. Darling

$11.09

Only 8 left in stock.

Sterling Silver Infinity Heart Knot Ring (Size 4 - 9) - Size 5

$9.95

You save:$30.00 ( 75%)

In Stock

Walkers Shortbread Assorted Selection, 8.8-Ounce Gleneagles Golf Boxes (Pack of 2) - Walkers Shortbread

$11.54

You save:$0.34 ( 3%)

Save 20% Coupon Clipped

In Stock

Village Naturals Foaming Bath Oil & Body Wash, Restless Nights 16 fl oz (473 ml) - The Village Company

$6.95

In Stock

addon-flag-sm._V146639712_.png

Subtotal: $104.25
    Here's my effort to make a box on Amazon. Not that it says "fall" a whole lot, but it's only a slight bit more expensive and adds the following: a ring in silver that you can size; a 3-pack Honey Almond body scrub in addition to a bubble bath; a cute infinity scarf with stars on it; a cool rainproof field notebook instead of the fancier one; a butt-ton more butter cookies. I changed the CR shopper bag into an insulated wine tote because I feel like a lot of us have many of those shopper bags we don't use, but this would be nice for travel and sneaking in picnics before the weather turns. Anyway, that was fun! I might do this for popsugar bags in the future :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope everyone who is getting the bag totally loves it! If you didn't get it, $100 still takes you pretty far :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi, I've been on MUT for a while now but just lurk around spying on spoilers trying to find out what my boxes will consist of.  This is my first "special addition box" from Popsugar. Although, I've been subbing their monthly boxes for about 7 months now.  I'm very happy with this box.  Yes, I know the "value" is based on the brands but I love the brands and Id much rather have a Rachel Zoe ring (which is beautiful), a luxury bubble bath worth $36 and shopping tote worth $85 than a cheaper version of each from Target or wherever.  This is a present to myself and I want to be spoiled with gifts that I normally wouldn't buy because they are too expensive.  The $100 is well worth the money and the value of the box is more than 3 times that.  And honestly, if there is anything I wont or cant use (doubtful) then I will give it away as a gift.  I cant wait til I receive my box!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi, I've been on MUT for a while now but just lurk around spying on spoilers trying to find out what my boxes will consist of.  This is my first "special addition box" from Popsugar. Although, I've been subbing their monthly boxes for about 7 months now.  I'm very happy with this box.  Yes, I know the "value" is based on the brands but I love the brands and Id much rather have a Rachel Zoe ring (which is beautiful), a luxury bubble bath worth $36 and shopping tote worth $85 than a cheaper version of each from Target or wherever.  This is a present to myself and I want to be spoiled with gifts that I normally wouldn't buy because they are too expensive.  The $100 is well worth the money and the value of the box is more than 3 times that.  And honestly, if there is anything I wont or cant use (doubtful) then I will give it away as a gift.  I cant wait til I receive my box!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah this is my birthday gift to myself and I'd much rather spoil myself with name brand items than target knock-offs. For me, that's the point of these special boxes - to treat yourself to some luxury goodies rather than the same old same old (at least, that's what it is for this college student :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Maybe because I impulsively dropped a boat load of money on the annual sub for LMDB makeup and my first month was 2 creamy eye shadows that looked greasy and messy- and apparently they were formulated to look that way (!?!) - that I am thrilled that beloved Stila is coming my way....and I expect to be as smooth as a peach after exfoliating with that ridiculously priced product! Maybe I should start using last months bento box now that I will have an overpriced bag to carry it to work... For me, that is the treat on these boxes, having a chance to try the luxury brands against the real life stuff! Once is awhile I find a huge difference - Beautyblender is way better than the sponges sold at TJMaxx, for example - but most of the time I am really paying for the surprise itself! Plus, my family loves my leftovers... Bubble bath has my sister's name on it....

Although I didn't get this one, a major reason I stick with my PS sub even though I might be able to put a cheaper box of comparable goodies together is that *I don't want to do that work*. I want someone else to pick these things out, pack it up, and send it to me. My mom always wanted a Christmas list from me, and I always dragged my feet and didn't give her one until what turned out to be her last Christmas. It was actually a bit of a letdown to get pretty much every single thing on my list instead of being surprised (at the time, we didn't know how sick she was, so this wasn't colored by knowing that bad things were coming). I'm a big fan of spoilers, but those are still surprise goodies when I read the spoilers since they're things I didn't know about before I spent the money.

I have quite a few "wanted" items from past months  boxes...there are items in this box that I want to trade for...message me if you want to see if you can help me out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by dayzeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...about 2 minutes after I posted that...I looked.

#EPICFALL

But the box is a MAJOR WIN for me!!! Ahh so excited!!

I will have to try harder not to spoil the September box...but I have very little faith in myself now lmao.

I went spoiler free last month and when the box came, I didn't feel any more excited. I actually get more excited seeing what is in the box and then anxiously await my box and then enjoy it. This last month it could be because I'm allergic to apples, have no need for an apple dish and I work right down the street from my house so I have no need for Bentos? But either way, I don't think I'll go spoiler free again. Hopefully that makes you feel better. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by RiRi38 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went spoiler free last month and when the box came, I didn't feel any more excited. I actually get more excited seeing what is in the box and then anxiously await my box and then enjoy it. This last month it could be because I'm allergic to apples, have no need for an apple dish and I work right down the street from my house so I have no need for Bentos? But either way, I don't think I'll go spoiler free again. Hopefully that makes you feel better. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Thanks, RiRi, it does!!

I'm glad I didn't partake...and also sad at the same time.   I love and would use all of those items with a fierceness.   However... I already own the big ticket items in brands/styles I have personally picked out (albeit a much lesser brand).... I kind of wish I could've updated some of my items.... but honestly, I'm ok with (and love) what I currently own.  So my $100 is happier in my bank account I guess. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Although I didn't get this one, a major reason I stick with my PS sub even though I might be able to put a cheaper box of comparable goodies together is that *I don't want to do that work*. I want someone else to pick these things out, pack it up, and send it to me. 

This is exactly why I love PopSugar! I've always been a fan off surprises, and I love being introduced to new brands. While I thought the comparable list was a cool concept (and featured some great useful items), I wouldn't be quite as excited to see that box from Amazon appear on my doorstep as I am for my PopSugar boxes. 

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Shopping Cart Items to buy now
Quantity
Price

Modadorn New Arrivals Spring & fall Star Light Infinity Charcoal Scarf Women's fashion, clothing & accessories

$12.99

In Stock

Shipped from: Modadorn

Gift options not available (Learn more)

BUILT Neoprene Two Bottle Tote, Mini Dot, Navy - Built NY, Inc

$13.24

You save:$4.75 ( 26%)

In Stock

Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub, Almond & Honey, 18-Ounce Jars (Pack of 3) - Tree Hut

$16.77

You save:$4.20 ( 20%)

Only 11 left in stock.

Olay Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser 6 Fl Oz - Olay

$11.72

You save:$6.27 ( 35%)

In Stock

e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow Palette, California, 6 Grams - e.l.f.

$10.00

In Stock

Rite In The Rain Spiral Notebook - Journal #393 - J.L. Darling

$11.09

Only 8 left in stock.

Sterling Silver Infinity Heart Knot Ring (Size 4 - 9) - Size 5

$9.95

You save:$30.00 ( 75%)

In Stock

Walkers Shortbread Assorted Selection, 8.8-Ounce Gleneagles Golf Boxes (Pack of 2) - Walkers Shortbread

$11.54

You save:$0.34 ( 3%)

Save 20% Coupon Clipped

In Stock

Village Naturals Foaming Bath Oil & Body Wash, Restless Nights 16 fl oz (473 ml) - The Village Company

$6.95

In Stock

addon-flag-sm._V146639712_.png

Subtotal: $104.25
    Here's my effort to make a box on Amazon. Not that it says "fall" a whole lot, but it's only a slight bit more expensive and adds the following: a ring in silver that you can size; a 3-pack Honey Almond body scrub in addition to a bubble bath; a cute infinity scarf with stars on it; a cool rainproof field notebook instead of the fancier one; a butt-ton more butter cookies. I changed the CR shopper bag into an insulated wine tote because I feel like a lot of us have many of those shopper bags we don't use, but this would be nice for travel and sneaking in picnics before the weather turns. Anyway, that was fun! I might do this for popsugar bags in the future :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope everyone who is getting the bag totally loves it! If you didn't get it, $100 still takes you pretty far :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
PS, I'm kind of dying to try out the Honey Almond body scrub you have listed here...time to dig up the Amazon gift card I've been saving!

Quote: Originally Posted by brainybeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is exactly why I love PopSugar! I've always been a fan off surprises, and I love being introduced to new brands. While I thought the comparable list was a cool concept (and featured some great useful items), I wouldn't be quite as excited to see that box from Amazon appear on my doorstep as I am for my PopSugar boxes. 

^^^ agreed.  I do love the surpise and getting items I wouldn't have chosen for myself -- like the apple bowl from last month.  I was convinced I would never use it and NOW it's my favorite snack bowl.  You can find me almost every night sitting eating popcorn or trail mix out of it.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

New here but I have been following the PS threads since summer!  Love the excitement of these boxes. Just too addicting! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For some reason my fall box still says processing and the FedEx site still only shows that it was initiated (which was last Wed!!) Wonder what gives....

Quote: Originally Posted by summergal80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For some reason my fall box still says processing and the FedEx site still only shows that it was initiated (which was last Wed!!) Wonder what gives....
Same here...no movement at all...and now with the spoilers out I am so impatient! 

Latest posts

Back