Notoriously Morbid: Vanishing Cabinet (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel you on Fringe Coat... it's almost.... too much? if such a thing is possible, LOL. It is too overly coppery for me to use. Beautiful to look at, though! :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I wouldn't like it if it weren't so darn sparkly! Haha. I'm generally not terribly fond of browns, coppers, etc but I do like this one. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

After trying everything out, I'm not crazy about the gloss. It's okay and I'll wear it occasionally but it isn't the best shade for me. But I am loving the shadows and blush.

I think you are my hero. I can't go from alarm to car in less than 1.5 hours.  Not that I'm doing that many things, just that I move at the pace of a 90 year old zombie in slow motion in the morning lol.  I probably spend 10 minutes looking for light switches.  Pretty much everyday I get into my car and look at the time and think, what was I just doing for the last 1-2 hours??  
You all are going to think I am such a brat, but...

My boyfriend and I turned the bedroom next to our master bedroom (in the house we're basically rebuilding) to be a master closet. Like almost celebrity-worthy. It looks like Ikea met Mariah Carey, and I love it. It's going to have a love seat and a small (around 30-something inch??) tv, and some other amenities, and connect to the master bedroom as well. He gets an amazing mancave attached to the pool-area outside, I get this. I HAVE TO WATCH TV AND DRINK COFFEE AS I SLOWLY DO MY MAKEUP. I HAVE TO! When it's finished, no more boxes and plastic bins overfilled with makeup! 

My boyfriend and I turned the bedroom next to our master bedroom (in the house we're basically rebuilding) to be a master closet. Like almost celebrity-worthy. It looks like Ikea met Mariah Carey, and I love it. It's going to have a love seat and a small (around 30-something inch??) tv, and some other amenities, and connect to the master bedroom as well. He gets an amazing mancave attached to the pool-area outside, I get this. I HAVE TO WATCH TV AND DRINK COFFEE AS I SLOWLY DO MY MAKEUP. I HAVE TO! When it's finished, no more boxes and plastic bins overfilled with makeup! 
I WANT TO MOVE IN!

I remember going to my aunts house who had a closet like that. She had one of those mirrors that wrap around and a step because all her clothes needed to be altered because she was tiny. There was a seamstress that would do the alterations in there.

Love the blush and the stocking, but I feel like the pigmentation is lacking on most of the shades. I tried them over 2 different bases, and still the same...I will break out a different brand of brush tomorrow to try to see if that's the issue. Also...the lipgloss just isn't my color but hey, I understand that happens with subs.

Anybody else have pigmentation issues? They blend very nicely but the color just isn't very sharp, if that makes sense.

Haven't tried the shadows yet but tried the lip gloss and it's pulling more brown than plum for me. But I can't wait to try Fringe for Freddy. I need to get a glitter glue of sorts, but not today. Haha, sometime after the holidays.

Haven't tried the shadows yet but tried the lip gloss and it's pulling more brown than plum for me. But I can't wait to try Fringe for Freddy. I need to get a glitter glue of sorts, but not today. Haha, sometime after the holidays.
It also tends to go a bit brown on me, especially after I've worn it for more than a few minutes. I might try it over a stain or pencil and see how that goes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Love the blush and the stocking, but I feel like the pigmentation is lacking on most of the shades. I tried them over 2 different bases, and still the same...I will break out a different brand of brush tomorrow to try to see if that's the issue. Also...the lipgloss just isn't my color but hey, I understand that happens with subs.

Anybody else have pigmentation issues? They blend very nicely but the color just isn't very sharp, if that makes sense.
I wonder how they would look applied wet/foiled?

I wore Fringe Coat (because it terrified me, and that's how I roll) and I was pretty disappointed - I had to really pack it on, and I never did get the really shiny, coppery look I was expecting. It looked like a dull penny on my lid.

Blended great, and with the rest of the look was totally wearable, just not the BAM! in your face I was expecting. I agree with @@yousoldtheworld they might be better wet or foiled.

I WANT TO MOVE IN!
ME TOO. I don't even have a vanity, just a cheap 2nd hand tiny desk and a bookshelf with a crappy mirror sitting on it, hahaha.
I remember going to my aunts house who had a closet like that. She had one of those mirrors that wrap around and a step because all her clothes needed to be altered because she was tiny. There was a seamstress that would do the alterations in there.

Thanks girls :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It was a no-brainer for me and my boyfriend was very into it/ supportive of my ~dream~ lol. I was just so sick of the system I've been using, the clutter, and when I would see houses on tv with large walk-in closets, big enough to sit down in, I knew I wanted it more than an extra spare bedroom. I know for some it sounds excessive, but like I said... every day I bring a pile of eye shadows into the living room to do my makeup while I watch the news and drink a cup of coffee. We're building our dream house and it's awesome because it will be in my name, my first home I've ever owned (though we're putting equally into it). I'm so excited!

Back on-topic, I finally got mine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Only 20% off, womp womp, but I know if I had that 50% code... it would be bad. I agree with @@Shalott about the shadows. I haven't tried the lip gloss or blush yet, but I'm surprised at how much I love them in the tube. How do you guys feel about them? I believe someone said they were disappointed in the gloss? (Maybe I should scroll up to check....)

Hmmm...I'll have to try them wet. I wasn't also a huge fan of the lipgloss-pulled more brown on me. (Not a huge brown lip fan for myself) but I think if i kinda mix it with a more plummy lipgloss, it will be great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the gloss, most likely because I miss my 20s, and I don't have anything else like it!  I was *sure* it would be *yet another* red, and I'm super tired of reds. 

And I've been using Fringe Coat and Jammies over GDE Foil Me, and Fringe Coat is nice and sparkly/shiny over it, but I don't remember how Jammies turned out.  I haven't tried Choo-Choo or Mittens yet!

@@ohsailor I totally understand! At the moment I and my husband have a two-room flat which is really nice and cosy but I'm out off skincare and cosmetics space altogether. We're thinking of getting sth bigger and it's a must for me that there should be a walk-in-closet. I won't consider buying any flat that doesn't contain one.

Glad you get to realize your dream! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm hoping that the lipgloss is a shimmery bronzey topcoat sort of thing. That film's palette is heavy on the browns, so it would be appropriate, especially since we already received a red gloss two or three months ago.
Okay, I knew I said something like this, and I finally found it!  I received my Black Friday order on Friday, and Sparkle Horse is pretty much exactly what I had been picturing when I posted this.  Slightly bummed it wasn't in the VC, happy with what the VC gloss turned out to be, relieved the VC shade wasn't red, and very happy I ultimately got my bronzey top coat gloss!

Hmm, well I just realized the day I get charged for my VC is a Sunday. I don't get paid till Saturday so I won't have the money for my VC :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I could email her, but I don't want to be a burden so I think I'll just cancel. I don't need anymore makeup anyways and have been debating. Plus I usually only really love 1 color so I can always order overstock.

Watch this one be the Addams Family collection I've been wanting though lol

I'll just get to admire all your goodies! I've been needing to go on a no-buy anyways.

So this month's theme is Jem? I didn't know what this was until I read the comments. I was born in 1992 so many 80s cartoons were not in my radar. I love 80s colors though and the super sparkly pink lip gloss is awesome.

I need it. I'm going to take a loan from my dad. I can't cancel my VC lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back