Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I might get charged taxes when I order from wantable but never come across any other incidences of that. Memebox certainly likes to make buying from them very interesting. But definitely good to learn new things about business practices in my opinion.

I think I might get charged taxes when I order from wantable but never come across any other incidences of that. Memebox certainly likes to make buying from them very interesting. But definitely good to learn new things about business practices in my opinion.
US sales tax is by state so it doesn't seem right that you are getting charged...

Shipping date of March 14th, how it is  shipping. Shows my address and ask if any info needs to be corrected. Shipping policy when I will  receive my tracking number, etc.

I just sent yet another email to Memebox regarding the tax and shipping. Now awaiting for a response. I've said this before and I still believe that although Memebox is awesome, they really lack communication with their customers. I mean, if they were to only properly communicate the changes then customers (like me) wouldn't feel the need to flood them with so many email inquiries. My initial thought, regarding tax, was that they've worked with some broker and collected custom duties on your behalf. Some businesses practice this. However, I don't have extensive knowledge on this topic so I really don't know.

I think that this is simply the higher the price. So hide it.

each of us in his country pays taxes

I think that this is simply the higher the price. So hide it. each of us in his country pays taxes
I am beginning to think so too because this extra tax calculation makes no sense. I'm eagerly waiting for a response from them for an explanation.

I'm wondering: did any of non-American customers get their points rounded up? Or don't we qualify since we're not going to be around for much longer?

Edit. I just got them rounded up so it's ok. Hope to still buy sth nice before the possibilty is gone for me
frown.gif

I'm still trying to decide what to spend my points on! I've been eyeing a few things in the shop, but I'm afraid a new Lucky box or superbox will come out RIGHT afterwards and I'll regret it. GRRR I hate having to make decisions LOL

I just did not love my box enough to put up with this wackiness. I get too much good stuff from my other boxes to care much about meme. Which makes me very sad. I want this to be  my new thing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really think that we should follow the suggestions of the moderators and move on from that part of the conversation. We all agree that it's an unfortunate situation and we all have very strong opinions on the matter, but I think it's time we move forward and let it go.
And I really  think we should let moderators step in if there is an issue rather than once again trying to impose our personal interpretations of  comments on others and shutting down conversation. Thank you.

Quote: Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  EXCEPT! I just saw I have about $10 in points and I am too cheap to let that go. Any one get a Hydration box yet?
It's pre-order, they're going to be shipped on March, 21, so unfortunately no possibility to check what's inside yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's pre-order, they're going to be shipped on March, 21, so unfortunately no possibility to check what's inside yet.
Ahhh... thanks! I have had so many emails from them and I am not invested in writing down deadlines!

Ahhh... thanks! I have had so many emails from them and I am not invested in writing down deadlines!
I don't write them down either - it's always much easier to check them in the description of the box you're interested in
wink.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Stepping in to request that 1) this discussion get back on track and away from any sort of personal discussion/judgment of other members, and 2) that everyone please remember our Rule #1 (posted below).  I think enough has been said on both sides, and it's time to let the matter rest.  If you have concerns about Memebox no longer shipping to your country (for which I'm so sorry to hear about!  That stinks!), I do suggest that you contact Memebox directly for an explanation.  You are more than welcome to post their response to this thread, if you believe it will help other members understand the reasoning behind Memebox's decision.  As always, feel free to contact myself or any other moderator with questions or comments.  

Thanks!  Rule #1:

1. Be polite and respect other members and staff. Blatant mean posts will result in banning of user account and/or ip address.

And I really  think we should let moderators step in if there is an issue rather than once again trying to impose our personal interpretations of  comments on others and shutting down conversation. Thank you.

A moderator did step in, and ask that we let that part of the conversation end, as it was getting out of hand on both sides. Rather than ignore that request and continue going back and forth and wait for a moderator to step in a second time, I thought I would continue to do what was asked of us.

Latest posts

Back