Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by inciaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow, I'm so glad I cancelled all my orders after customs problems with #4 (still waiting for a refund for this one...). I'd be much more upset right now with what Memebox is doing.

First things first - they are shipping from Asia, not USA, T&C of marking something as a gift are different. Have you ever noticed that no matter what and from whom you order from Asia, it's ALWAYS marked as a gift, huh?

And the way some people are talking in this thread... Wow, just wow. Especially if the changes doesn't concern you. And yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but in that case why are some people trying to shut others mouth?! I thought we were supposed to share our honest opinions on the box and the company here, not only compliments. 

I really think that we should follow the suggestions of the moderators and move on from that part of the conversation. We all agree that it's an unfortunate situation and we all have very strong opinions on the matter, but I think it's time we move forward and let it go.

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site.....first time posting. Your posts inspired me to order Superbox #1 and box 9. I see there's been changes and I feel for all the people who won't be able to get their Meme boxes (I lived in Australia and understand how irritating it is to be excluded from shipping). Anyways, just thought I'd make it official and stop lurking :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Welcome! Glad your here to visit with us! Make yourself at home!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Nancy

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really think that we should follow the suggestions of the moderators and move on from that part of the conversation. We all agree that it's an unfortunate situation and we all have very strong opinions on the matter, but I think it's time we move forward and let it go.
Agreed. PLEASE 
wub.gif

I finally got my tracking for Superbox 1, yay! XD

And I see, using the USPS website, it says first-class international!

No signature needed! This makes me happy, because it means I don't need to sign and it'll be waiting for me when I get my regular mail!

Totally gonna order the superbox 3 as soon as the site is back up! :3

Only Three days till my '1st box ships Lucky Box #1, I'm looking forward for it to start it's journey to me. If it wasn't for this thread I would be waiting til much later for my 1st box to ship later this month. I like the new website format, I noticed the points did not transfer over, I'll wait a few days or until Box 10 comes out, then I will email that I want to use my points for it. I also noticed not all the products transferred either. I wanted to order the cocoon face scrubs just to try them and they are at an affordable price as well. I put a couple items on my wish list.
I am getting this box also, as well as 7, S3 and pre ordered 9.I am thinking lucky and #7 will arrive close to each other as lucky is coming standard shipping and 7 is coming express.Excited !

This is a weird question, but does anyone know the purpose of the Nella Fantasia Oneday Whitener? I feel like if my face was any whiter, it would be see through. Is it just a lotion that helps lighten discolorations, or does it actually temporarily whiten your skin? 

hey guys! just checked my memebox account and they updated my points! they also rounded up! In my old account, I had $13.14 in points and now I just checked and I have $14 in points!! 

WOO HOO! 

THANKS MEMEBOX! =]

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is a weird question, but does anyone know the purpose of the Nella Fantasia Oneday Whitener? I feel like if my face was any whiter, it would be see through. Is it just a lotion that helps lighten discolorations, or does it actually temporarily whiten your skin? 

To quote this amazing post: http://www.skinandtonics.com/asian-skin-care-guide/

Whitening
Coinciding with the sunscreen obsession is the fact that fair skin is very highly valued in Asia. There are a ton of whitening products in the Korean and Japanese skin care markets, and many of the multi-functioning products tout whitening properties as one of the major attributes.

Most of these products aren’t actually turning anyone’s face white- many of them are just brightening products meant to fade dark marks and even out skin tone. However, there are some products that aim to actually lighten the skin, but the effects of the skin lightening are mostly temporary.

Hope that helps!

To quote this amazing post: http://www.skinandtonics.com/asian-skin-care-guide/

Whitening
Coinciding with the sunscreen obsession is the fact that fair skin is very highly valued in Asia. There are a ton of whitening products in the Korean and Japanese skin care markets, and many of the multi-functioning products tout whitening properties as one of the major attributes.

Most of these products aren’t actually turning anyone’s face white- many of them are just brightening products meant to fade dark marks and even out skin tone. However, there are some products that aim to actually lighten the skin, but the effects of the skin lightening are mostly temporary.

Hope that helps!
That is helpful, since I see "whitening" on a lot of products! However, I just googled and saw this site, so now I am worried it will make me look like a ghost! http://www.kpopbeautytips.com/nella-fantasia-one-day-whitener-magical-whitening-lotion.html

That is helpful, since I see "whitening" on a lot of products! However, I just googled and saw this site, so now I am worried it will make me look like a ghost! http://www.kpopbeautytips.com/nella-fantasia-one-day-whitener-magical-whitening-lotion.html
haha omg if it works like that I would love it LOL. I already have super pale skin and I love it. But honestly I think it's advertising similar to the kind you see everyday. Products don't really work the way they say they will. I mean...it's definitely a temporary thing, why not try it and see what happens? LOL (but don't get mad at me if you turn into a ghost!)

By the way, I just want to join others in saying how awesome MissJexie is, and how helpful she has been in answering everyone's questions on this thread! I actually won the Memebox giveaway she had on her blog, but I am not saying she is awesome because of that. I really mean it! 
icon_wink.gif
 Memebox definitely picked a great blogger to review their box and be a sort of brand ambassador! 

I can't wait until my lazy mail carrier actually delivers those awesome items she gave away instead of just marking it "delivered" without delivering it! I am so ready to try the Plant Stem Cell T Cream and the Cocoon peeling balls!  (They are supposed to "redeliver" it tomorrow). 

As for the whitening cream, I may just have to try it and see how it works! I do love my pale skin, so I guess the worst that can happen is... I disappear? Haha! 

please tell me I'm not the only one who bursts into song when seeing those words "let it go".     and please tell me people will get that i'm referring to 'Frozen'. 

By the way, I just want to join others in saying how awesome MissJexie is, and how helpful she has been in answering everyone's questions on this thread! I actually won the Memebox giveaway she had on her blog, but I am not saying she is awesome because of that. I really mean it! 
icon_wink.gif
 Memebox definitely picked a great blogger to review their box and be a sort of brand ambassador! 

I can't wait until my lazy mail carrier actually delivers those awesome items she gave away instead of just marking it "delivered" without delivering it! I am so ready to try the Plant Stem Cell T Cream and the Cocoon peeling balls!  (They are supposed to "redeliver" it tomorrow). 

As for the whitening cream, I may just have to try it and see how it works! I do love my pale skin, so I guess the worst that can happen is... I disappear? Haha! 

1f.gif
I was SO happy someone from MUT won that giveaway!! I can't wait to hear what you think of everything! I'm going to post a review on my blog in a few days on the Plant Stem Cell Cream because I am obsessed with it and the entire world needs to know LOL

When I FINALLY get my #6 box I will totally take one for the team and slap on some of that whitening stuff and see what happens! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hey guys! just checked my memebox account and they updated my points! they also rounded up! In my old account, I had $13.14 in points and now I just checked and I have $14 in points!!  WOO HOO!  THANKS MEMEBOX! =]
That was really nice of them to round up the account points. I just checked mine and it was rounded up also!

By the way, I just want to join others in saying how awesome MissJexie is, and how helpful she has been in answering everyone's questions on this thread! I actually won the Memebox giveaway she had on her blog, but I am not saying she is awesome because of that. I really mean it! :icon_wink  Memebox definitely picked a great blogger to review their box and be a sort of brand ambassador!  I can't wait until my lazy mail carrier actually delivers those awesome items she gave away instead of just marking it "delivered" without delivering it! I am so ready to try the Plant Stem Cell T Cream and the Cocoon peeling balls!  (They are supposed to "redeliver" it tomorrow).  As for the whitening cream, I may just have to try it and see how it works! I do love my pale skin, so I guess the worst that can happen is... I disappear? Haha! 
Congratulations on getting the box! It was fun trying for it! MISSJEXIE. Is a blessing and I so agree with you on every level of your post! I have said this in my own post and I can't say it enough! So thank you for saying it again and again! : )

Yay their site is back up and so are my points - but the orders section is empty and it says I have "placed no orders" - I have boxes #8, #9 and #10 (bundle) on preorder. Have shot off an email and hope it's put right soon. Anyone else with a blank order section or is it just me?

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yay their site is back up and so are my points - but the orders section is empty and it says I have "placed no orders" - I have boxes #8, #9 and #10 (bundle) on preorder. Have shot off an email and hope it's put right soon. Anyone else with a blank order section or is it just me?
Hmmm that may just be something that hasn't shown up/been added to the site yet? Did you get this e-mail? I followed the link provided and it seems it took me to a version of the old site that allows me to track orders. Maybe try that?

Dear customer, 

We're currently in the process of updating your Memepoints, they will show up in your account really soon. We really appreciate your patience! Also, you may track any previous orders you’ve had with us through our tracking system: http://track.memebox.com
http://Memebox.us3.list-manage1.com...26993813c2&id=3d79da07ab&e=c8923ac4f3

Thank you. 

Memebox Team.

Hmmm that may just be something that hasn't shown up/been added to the site yet? Did you get this e-mail? I followed the link provided and it seems it took me to a version of the old site that allows me to track orders. Maybe try that?

Dear customer, 

We're currently in the process of updating your Memepoints, they will show up in your account really soon. We really appreciate your patience! Also, you may track any previous orders you’ve had with us through our tracking system: http://track.memebox.com
http://Memebox.us3.list-manage1.com...26993813c2&id=3d79da07ab&e=c8923ac4f3

Thank you. 

Memebox Team.
Argh, I never got that email! Nothing since the "Transitioning to a new platform" thing, not a peep except for the tickets for my emails. Do I have to "re-sign-up" for emails?

Thanks a bunch for sharing that. I hit that link in your message and my orders are showing up. Whew. Super-relieved to see that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've decided to use up my points on Superbox #2 - it's adding $3 as tax, in addition to the $7.99 postage. So I get only $14 to redeem. Ah well.

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Argh, I never got that email! Nothing since the "Transitioning to a new platform" thing, not a peep except for the tickets for my emails. Do I have to "re-sign-up" for emails?

Thanks a bunch for sharing that. I hit that link in your message and my orders are showing up. Whew. Super-relieved to see that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've decided to use up my points on Superbox #2 - it's adding $3 as tax, in addition to the $7.99 postage. So I get only $14 to redeem. Ah well.

You're very welcome! I'm glad I could ease your mind.
wink.gif

I'm not sure about the re-signing up for e-mails. I occasionally don't get e-mails that others get and vice versa...I think maybe their e-mail system is a bit glitchy.

I'm hoarding my points and not really sure if I want to spend them on a box, or buy a couple of full size items that I've been eyeing lately. Does anyone know what kind of shipping charges they have for regular orders?

Latest posts

Back