Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're very welcome! I'm glad I could ease your mind.
wink.gif

I'm not sure about the re-signing up for e-mails. I occasionally don't get e-mails that others get and vice versa...I think maybe their e-mail system is a bit glitchy.

I'm hoarding my points and not really sure if I want to spend them on a box, or buy a couple of full size items that I've been eyeing lately. Does anyone know what kind of shipping charges they have for regular orders?

I was interested in buying a CC cream but the charge for shipping was 10.99$ so I resigned and hoped to order it together with the next Memebox. As I don't know if I get to buy any more of those (meaning if they offer sth new till the end of March), I'll probably spend my points on some Superbox and maybe add some extra products so they could ship together.

Do overseas companies have to charge tax?? I see this when I add a box to my cart on the pretty new site.

:/

For some reason I can convince myself 39.99 + 6.99 shipping - $14 of points is ok, but apparently $35-36 dollars starts tipping over my threshold of "this is ridiculous, why am I spending all this money" 
unsure.gif

Wow. I was going to just use my remaining points to order the Superbox 3 and eyeliner pack. I had to refrain myself because it's really expensive now. Grand total is $94.23 (includes $16.58 shipping and $5.92 tax)! Too bad I didn't order just a day before all the changes! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I assume now Memebox will not offer the free shipping over $69.99 promo. However, I understand the reasons for the tax and shipping but wow it's expensive for me.

This makes me sad. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm going to use up my points ASAP though. Memebox keeps on making changes to the site and to my account without notifying me! Last week they deducted 33 points from my account without notifying me! I had to contact them twice to get that sorted out! Oh well, love their boxes though so I just overlook it.

At the moment I'm not able to add anything to my cart, I guess the site's not working properly. I don't know if they realize it but I don't believe all those not too positive changes will not gain them more customers. I hope I'll just get the chance to use up my points and then I'm gone - not that I really have any choice as they won't ship to Europe anymore, but I'm starting to think it was going to get too expensive for me anyway.

Hope they'll manage to work on the situation to come to best results possible for everyone.

This makes me sad. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm going to use up my points ASAP though. Memebox keeps on making changes to the site and to my account without notifying me! Last week they deducted 33 points from my account without notifying me! I had to contact them twice to get that sorted out! Oh well, love their boxes though so I just overlook it.
Im SB 1 box info still says free shipping. However it is charging for it.This maybe my deal breaker as they are really expensive now with the taxes and shipping.

Who exactly are we paying tax to? I'm not buying anything if they're going to try to charge invisible taxes. Edit: Just tried and calculated. Looks like they're charging 8.3% sales tax. So...I looked it up. Seoul has a vat of 10%, usually already in the price of an item. Items can actually get a vat refund if taken outside the country. So what is this tax for exactly? It seems likely that they double taxing.

Quote: Originally Posted by devadorned /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Do overseas companies have to charge tax?? I see this when I add a box to my cart on the pretty new site.

:/

For some reason I can convince myself 39.99 + 6.99 shipping - $14 of points is ok, but apparently $35-36 dollars starts tipping over my threshold of "this is ridiculous, why am I spending all this money" 
unsure.gif

I always thought you only paid tax to your country and the exporter had to bear taxes of his/her country - the person importing the product pays their country in the form of customs duty... I could be wrong about Korea/elsewhere, but that is the rule here, so there is no double taxation.

Wow, sales tax too. AM glad I used my points prior too. I really like that they clarified prior order queries too.

I ordered box 8 and was going to wait and see how things played out before using my points/money to buy anything else. Then I thought, with the the constant changes I really don't want to continue with this company. I went ahead and used my points toward the makeup super box and was thinking that was probably going to be my last purchase. Hearing how great the products are, I was still saving a glimmer of hope though. Literally two days later they made more changes-changed the website, started add tax and I am glad I used my points when I did. I don't feel the company is bad per se. Just not a good fit for me. I wish them the best but I'm definitely out.

Doesn't it say they have an office out of California? Maybe they have to charge US taxes?I remember seeing something on the old site. I see they are a corp, also. Wonder if they were before. It is better business wise to incorporate.

I don't want to overload them with e-mails so I'll hold off on messaging them. But please someone let us know what's up with the taxes if you hear back from them soon!

Doesn't it say they have an office out of California? Maybe they have to charge US taxes?I remember seeing something on the old site. I see they are a corp, also. Wonder if they were before. It is better business wise to incorporate.
Yes they do but that should be just for CA residents then.I get they are still working the kinks out but the sales tax is wrong.The other Korean sites I order from do not charge it.

Latest posts

Back