Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A moderator did step in, and ask that we let that part of the conversation end, as it was getting out of hand on both sides. Rather than ignore that request and continue going back and forth and wait for a moderator to step in a second time, I thought I would continue to do what was asked of us.
I sent you a message privately.

Quote: Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Okay, wait, am I missing something? I went back through posts and missed this. Shipping is $25!!
Maybe you're looking at express shipping? It's always been over 20$ and standard for boxes is still 6.99$. But I think the shipping for individual items in the shop is higher and you don't pay the same cost when you order a few things but they add it up somehow.

Yeah shipping is $25 standard & $50 for express lol. No thanks! I guess I'll save my points for box 10 since shipping is cheaper on the boxes.

Haha really have to give it to Memebox. It's definitely interesting. I really don't know how these people can do business. So, I just decided to plunge and get Superbox 3. Now there's no option for $6.99 standard shipping. The only option is $23.20 express shipping!!! Again, where are my notices?! Omg, it seems like the longer I wait for a silver lining from this company the more expensive it gets! I really regret that I took credits over refunds for my canceled order. Now, I'm in a tough situation, I have to use my points somehow. I'm definitely SOL. Again, I'm still waiting for a reply. Hope they eventually respond before boxes become too costly to even be worth it.

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah shipping is $25 standard & $50 for express lol. No thanks!

I guess I'll save my points for box 10 since shipping is cheaper on the boxes.
Seriously!? Then I totally missed it too. I'm gonna spend my points on Box 10 and possibly Superbox 2 as well in that situation.

Is there an amount you can spend to get free shipping? I'm on mobile, but I could have sworn it used to say something on the main site. I thought it was $75, but I have that in my cart & it's charging me 30ish for standard shipping.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha really have to give it to Memebox. It's definitely interesting. I really don't know how these people can do business.

So, I just decided to plunge and get Superbox 3. Now there's no option for $6.99 standard shipping. The only option is $23.20 express shipping!!!

Again, where are my notices?! Omg, it seems like the longer I wait for a silver lining from this company the more expensive it gets! I really regret that I took credits over refunds for my canceled order. Now, I'm in a tough situation, I have to use my points somehow. I'm definitely SOL. Again, I'm still waiting for a reply. Hope they eventually respond before boxes become too costly to even be worth it.
It's the same with Superbox 2 now! They're really going over the top... I hope I'll just manage to get Box 10 this month for some normal price and then I'm gone anyway.

I nearly fainted! I may have to waste my $10 in points.
bawling.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there an amount you can spend to get free shipping? I'm on mobile, but I could have sworn it used to say something on the main site.

I thought it was $75, but I have that in my cart & it's charging me 30ish for standard shipping.
It used to be 69.99$ I believe. But sb reported earlier that it didn't work that way anymore...

It's getting better and better you know. We get a messege that we need to spend our points before the end of March a few hours before they close the site to establish a new one and now that's what's happening. Exorbitant charges on everything...

And I've got 17$ to use
frown.gif

Just a little off topic, so I just made an order (just to get it over with). I've noticed that now when an order is placed, a help desk ticket is automatically generated.

I have been thinking about buying the Superbox #3, but the website is only giving me a $25.60 express shipping option... not. happening. 

Edit: Also, with a random store item, my standard shipping is now listed at $10.99. How were they able to ship my Luckybox #1 for $6.99 but this small random item is $4 more only a few weeks later? 

Kindof doubting I'll ever make a purchase from memebox again at this point. :-/ Sticking to W2Beauty.. it's just more cost effective for me with all these price changes and exorbitant shipping costs. Not trying to offend anyone or come off like I'm solely complaining, these are just extra costs that I'm not interested in paying. 

I am not able to spend my points, they do not show up when I try to finish an order - though I can see in my account that I "had" 32 points.

Besides that, when I set my country to get a shipping quote, it says it's not available.

I already sent them an email and am waiting for a answer wich I will post here if you want.

Thanks

It seems that the shipping increases with the number of items or weight of the order. If you order 1 or two items the shipping will probably end up somewhere between 4 - 10 dollars which is reasonable. Im guessing the memeboxes or superboxes weigh more which is why the shipping increased? Not so sure on that...Oh and your points seem to cover shipping if you have enough. 

I'm definitely considering ordering some of the makeup items since they are cheaper and i can get more for the points i have earned... but im wating to see if my super box 2 has the same items or not.. .I don't really need duplicates of the same thing. Ugh... by then who knows what they will do to their  shipping and item cost. 

I don't know what's going on: if you order a Superbox plus one other product you can choose standard for $6.99. If I choose a single product from a shop at the moment it also shows $6.99 standard. I don't know if they know what they're doing but they're seriously going to lose lots of customers if it goes on.

I have been thinking about buying the Superbox #3, but the website is only giving me a $25.60 express shipping option... not. happening.  Edit: Also, with a random store item, my standard shipping is now listed at $10.99. How were they able to ship my Luckybox #1 for $6.99 but this small random item is $4 more only a few weeks later?  Kindof doubting I'll ever make a purchase from memebox again at this point. :-/ Sticking to W2Beauty.. it's just more cost effective for me with all these price changes and exorbitant shipping costs. Not trying to offend anyone or come off like I'm solely complaining, these are just extra costs that I'm not interested in paying. 
I completely understand and agree with you. Boxes will still be available for me (live in NA) but for the most part I'm done as well. It'll be a sad breakup since these boxes are hard to replace. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anyways, I've noticed that for some items you can find cheaper elsewhere. Just look around! Plus, I miss the therapeutic experience of online shopping after a long day from work.

I don't know what's going on: if you order a Superbox plus one other product you can choose standard for $6.99. If I choose a single product from a shop at the moment it also shows $6.99 standard. I don't know if they know what they're doing but they're seriously going to lose lots of customers if it goes on.
I took a chance and did that. Maybe this is because of the new platform? I don't know

Quote: Originally Posted by Cola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I took a chance and did that. Maybe this is because of the new platform? I don't know
I don't know either but it's just hard to make sense out of this with all the changes. I sent them an email asking what's going on and even though I don't expect a quick answer. I hope it'll just let them find out that sth is wrong and maybe they'll correct it if it's about the platform.

Latest posts

Back