Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Renata P /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Patantao, cannot you move the scale of the points slider? That's strange.

This is what I see:

For SB 1 there is free standard shipping button again but the tax is still being added. On a better note my lucky box should be shipping later today as it's almost Monday in Korea!

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is what I see:

Upss... You cannot even choose your country for shipping. Even more strange. I hope they will fix it soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by ellesnails /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does memebox still have a Facebook page? I wanted to voice my concerns there but can't find it.

I think they deleted/deactivated it
frown.gif
  I wrote a comment on there before asking them to slow down with their box releases but the page I wrote on before is gone!!

This is a bit discouraging. I am hoping most of the issue of the high shipping charges are related to the launch of the new platform, but I am so uncomfortable with the sales tax issue. The tax rate is approximately 8.25% of whatever the box is, but the California sales tax (according to Google) is 7.5%. Not to mention as others have said that only residents of California should be charged. I am interested to hear what memebox says about this!! I really hope they can get their business model to be a bit more consistent soon because I love the boxes they are selling!

I think they deleted/deactivated it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I wrote a comment on there before asking them to slow down with their box releases but the page I wrote on before is gone!! This is a bit discouraging. I am hoping most of the issue of the high shipping charges are related to the launch of the new platform, but I am so uncomfortable with the sales tax issue. The tax rate is approximately 8.25% of whatever the box is, but the California sales tax (according to Google) is 7.5%. Not to mention as others have said that only residents of California should be charged. I am interested to hear what memebox says about this!! I really hope they can get their business model to be a bit more consistent soon because I love the boxes they are selling!
Thanks. Tax rates are pretty complex. For instance, I grew up in Texas and tax there is 6 (or 6.5, not sure) but Houston has a much higher rate because local government tacks on more. The same happens in every other big city, so depending on where they are in Cali, it will be higher. However, 8.3 is what I calculated and that is somewhat of an unusual number. Additionally, the only state that should be charged a tax is Cali and not other residents. 8.25,if that is what others are getting is pretty common.

Thanks.

Tax rates are pretty complex. For instance, I grew up in Texas and tax there is 6 (or 6.5, not sure) but Houston has a much higher rate because local government tacks on more. The same happens in every other big city, so depending on where they are in Cali, it will be higher. However, 8.3 is what I calculated and that is somewhat of an unusual number. Additionally, the only state that should be charged a tax is Cali and not other residents. 8.25,if that is what others are getting is pretty common.
Clear explanation about taxes in CA you may find here: http://blog.taxjar.com/sales-tax-for-california/ and it is consistent with more detailed an official information from the page: http://www.boe.ca.gov/info/taxoverview.htm. Anyway it seems to me that the tax for most customers should be 7.5% not 8.25% (it's not even the tax for Santa Clara where they have their address). Some internet shops in CA add tax 6.5% as the sales tax consists of 2 components (6.5 +1.0) and they don't add one part of it. Residents of the district where the company has it's residence should pay additionally district (local) sales tax. Actually it seems quite interesting for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  By adding a $2mask I can get $4.87 shipping. This has to be a website glitch.
Yeah, there does seem to be something strange going on.  If I put under $50 in my cart with the Superbox I can only get Express shipping for $25.  If I put $50-$54 in my cart shipping is $4.87.  If I put $55-$61 in it's $6.99 but if I put $64 then its $10.99.

If I put $65-$104 in my cart, shipping is $4.87 again.  Anything over that is $6.99 until you hit $150, then is 10.99 again!

This was all with the superbox in the cart.  If I took out the superbox, the shipping was completely different!  Under $42 was $10.99 and over $42 was $16.58!  Over $97 was $24 something.

So basically, if you want to buy something, mess around a lot to find the best shipping option for yourself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah, there does seem to be something strange going on.  If I put under $50 in my cart with the Superbox I can only get Express shipping for $25.  If I put $50-$54 in my cart shipping is $4.87.  If I put $55-$61 in it's $6.99 but if I put $64 then its $10.99.

If I put $65-$104 in my cart, shipping is $4.87 again.  Anything over that is $6.99 until you hit $150, then is 10.99 again!

This was all with the superbox in the cart.  If I took out the superbox, the shipping was completely different!  Under $42 was $10.99 and over $42 was $16.58!  Over $97 was $24 something.

So basically, if you want to buy something, mess around a lot to find the best shipping option for yourself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for working on the many options.  Was this just superbox one or any superbox?

Thanks for working on the many options.  Was this just superbox one or any superbox?
I get the $4.86 shipping option when I put in the superbox #2 that is 39.99 and the mask for 1.30.  Otherwise I just get the express shipping with only the box in my cart.  I have $11 dollars in points and am also trying to use it up.  =/

This was using the Superbox #3 which was $45.99.  I used the Collagen Eye Patch and the Aloe Mask to get the different prices by increments (adding one patch and one mask, one mask and three patches, or two Superbox #3 and one, two, four or five masks).

The other combinations I tried I used the Look At My Eyes 3 color palette ( with and without masks, in amounts from 1-5) without Superboxes. 

It seems really random except the having a Superbox in there *does* make a difference of some kind, I just can't figure out why or what the algorithm might be regarding shipping.

So I just checked the site again. The good news is that the standard $6.99 shipping is now added to both Superbox 2&3! On the other hand, I've noticed a slight increase in price for a few items. Earlier this morning the eyeliner set was for $25.74 now the same set has increased in price to $29.00. The Recipe Spray Water Essence product price had also increased by $3.00. However, I don't know about any other items since I didn't follow any other product prices. Also, I think they've fixed the random shipping fees (mentioned in earlier posts). Now that the shipping fee error appears to be fixed, it could even be a bit more costly. I said earlier, the shipping error might be the result of the new website platform. Well at least ordering the boxes could be normal again!

Quote: Originally Posted by Cola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I just checked the site again. The good news is that the standard $6.99 shipping is now added to both Superbox 2&3!

On the other hand, I've noticed a slight increase in price for a few items. Earlier this morning the eyeliner set was for $25.74 now the same set has increased in price to $29.00. The Recipe Spray Water Essence product price had also increased by $3.00.
However, I don't know about any other items since I didn't follow any other product prices.

Also, I think they've fixed the random shipping fees (mentioned in earlier posts). Now that the shipping fee error appears to be fixed, it could even be a bit more costly.

I said earlier, the shipping error might be the result of the new website platform. Well at least ordering the boxes could be normal again!

You are absolutely right!  They did fix it!  Now the $6.99 shipping option is there for the superboxes instead of only Express!

I also noticed that the prices went up.  In my opinion, the things I would buy I would still buy at the price they are now.  Still worth it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1f.gif
I was SO happy someone from MUT won that giveaway!! I can't wait to hear what you think of everything! I'm going to post a review on my blog in a few days on the Plant Stem Cell Cream because I am obsessed with it and the entire world needs to know LOL

When I FINALLY get my #6 box I will totally take one for the team and slap on some of that whitening stuff and see what happens! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I had a small party last night, and I was showing people some of the Korean products I've gotten. We came across the whitening lotion again, so I put some on my arm. I did not notice a difference, maybe because I am so pale to begin with. One of my Hispanic friends put a small amount on his arm, and you could definitely see the whitening effect! I guess you have to be tanner to begin with to really see the results, but it does work. 
icon_lol.gif

Latest posts

Back