Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.skinandtonics.com/asian-skin-care-guide/ I forgot who posted it but I saved it because it was SO helpful!! I put on the liquid essence instead of a toner. Sometimes there are gel/serum essence products that probably should be used along with a toner...but I'm definitely no expert. I think this link is invaluable though!
THANK YOU! <3 I had it up as a tab forever but forgot to save it & then my computer crashed. Now I have it saved! And ok, awesome. I thought a toner + the essence might kind of be overkill! I'll just have to experiment with each one & see what works :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On the site subject, I think points haven't been updated yet - or is it just me?

- And no, not making a complaint, just asking.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And on another note, I take personal offense to the person who accused me of throwing my "free" boxes in their face. I work VERY hard on my reviews, and I have been completely transparent since the beginning of this thread that my boxes were complimentary.
Non-bloggers wouldn't understand, to them it's just you bragging about getting "free stuff". I had people tell me that as well, and at first I was offended, too. Now I just don't care. It takes me at least 3-4 hours to create a blog post for subscription boxes, most of it editing pictures in 3 different programs (4, if I need to make a collage). Do they really think that a $20-some box is a fair payment for all that work? Of course, not, but we do it because we want to share, and nobody would know what to expect without those reviews. 

Sure there are lazy bloggers who snap 1 picture, write down a list of products and call it a day, but you're not one of them. You went above and beyond to help the ladies in this thread, and even spoke to Memebox on everyones behalf. It would be a shame if you now withdrew from this thread, after all you were the one who introduced most of us here to this awesome subscription 
ura.gif

I absolutely agree! Blogging is work, a lot of work especially when it comes to pictures. You have to swatch it, get pictures of the swatches in good lighting conditions, use various programs, test/use the products then blog about it.

Sure you get it for "free" but there is expectations from the company and the readers as both want reviews in a timely manner AND for the blogger to be honest with their thoughts. @MissJexie, I would suggest to continue to post about it. If it's not for bloggers then the general public wouldn't know about products and subscription services. I also get free things for reviewing purposes and so as a fellow blogger I'd love to see you continue to post here.

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not just you
smile.gif

They're probably still working on transferring data.
Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  On the site subject, I think points haven't been updated yet - or is it just me?

- And no, not making a complaint, just asking.
Yeah, I don't see my points there either. Hopefully they just haven't been added to the system yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah, I don't see my points there either. Hopefully they just haven't been added to the system yet.
And I have the old interface! I made some screen-shots for documentation. And my points are still in place:) I think they need some more time to run the new version properly.

Oh my gosh I leave for 15 minutes and all this stuff takes place! LOL. Awesome. guess what I got today via slow mail? SUPERBOX. #1. Yippee Oh my gosh! The Ddobyul plant stem cell anti aging stuff if awesome!!! I don't think I can pay 73+ For it all the time, but it is awesome! The silky balls are all their meant to be and sorry Rachel stole 2 of them from the bag, couldn't wait to try them, they are awesome, who ever is getting this box will love! love! love it! The recipe cleanser is unlike any cleanser I have ever tried. It is spongy and has a spatula to scoop out! The cheek room lip and cheek is orangey, not my color but I would love in a pink! Rachel if you want this in orange just let me know and it will be put in your ever growing box!!! Good grief! Love this box. Every thing was full size all seven items. There were 3 of the LJH Tea Tree masks and I have yet to try them. I meant to say besides the recipe cleanser I got in this box, in box 6 the .Recipe Water we got that was also in box #1 go together and that is awesome. So glad they put hat in box #6 even if it was a repeat as I didn't get box #1! So sorry about no pics, but flat on my back with my fibro acting up and it's enough to write! Thank God for I pads!!! My lifesaver!!! Well, everyone it hope you have a blessed day and can smile even if it's 5 degrees outside! : (. : ). : ). Nancy

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not just you
smile.gif

They're probably still working on transferring data.
nope! me too

Oh my gosh I leave for 15 minutes and all this stuff takes place! LOL. Awesome. guess what I got today via slow mail? SUPERBOX. #1. Yippee Oh my gosh! The Ddobyul plant stem cell anti aging stuff if awesome!!! I don't think I can pay 73+ For it all the time, but it is awesome! The silky balls are all their meant to be and sorry Rachel stole 2 of them from the bag, couldn't wait to try them, they are awesome, who ever is getting this box will love! love! love it! The recipe cleanser is unlike any cleanser I have ever tried. It is spongy and has a spatula to scoop out! The cheek room lip and cheek is orangey, not my color but I would love in a pink! Rachel if you want this in orange just let me know and it will be put in your ever growing box!!! Good grief! Love this box. Every thing was full size all seven items. There were 3 of the LJH Tea Tree masks and I have yet to try them. I meant to say besides the recipe cleanser I got in this box, in box 6 the .Recipe Water we got that was also in box #1 go together and that is awesome. So glad they put hat in box #6 even if it was a repeat as I didn't get box #1! So sorry about no pics, but flat on my back with my fibro acting up and it's enough to write! Thank God for I pads!!! My lifesaver!!! Well, everyone it hope you have a blessed day and can smile even if it's 5 degrees outside! : (. : ). : ). Nancy
Thank you so very much! We need this! Appreciate you stepping up!
I ordered one of these on Sunday. NOT had shipping notification on this yet can't wait. Just hope it is on its way. J

wub.gif
You're right about letting it go. Not being able to sometimes is probably one of my biggest flaws. lol :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Next time I start to get stressed or sassy on these threads someone needs to step in and be like,

relax.jpg

lol I tried...I don't think it came out right. 

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely agree! Blogging is work, a lot of work especially when it comes to pictures. You have to swatch it, get pictures of the swatches in good lighting conditions, use various programs, test/use the products then blog about it.

Sure you get it for "free" but there is expectations from the company and the readers as both want reviews in a timely manner AND for the blogger to be honest with their thoughts. @MissJexie, I would suggest to continue to post about it. If it's not for bloggers then the general public wouldn't know about products and subscription services. I also get free things for reviewing purposes and so as a fellow blogger I'd love to see you continue to post here.

Thank you, Zadi!

You're blog is pretty much the reason why I am even here on MUT in general, so I totally love you for that!
wub.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  lol I tried...I don't think it came out right. 
hahahah just save that picture for a later date and use it on me next time I need a chill pill.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Only Three days till my '1st box ships Lucky Box #1, I'm looking forward for it to start it's journey to me. If it wasn't for this thread I would be waiting til much later for my 1st box to ship later this month. I like the new website format, I noticed the points did not transfer over, I'll wait a few days or until Box 10 comes out, then I will email that I want to use my points for it. I also noticed not all the products transferred either. I wanted to order the cocoon face scrubs just to try them and they are at an affordable price as well. I put a couple items on my wish list.

http://www.skinandtonics.com/asian-skin-care-guide/

I forgot who posted it but I saved it because it was SO helpful!!

I put on the liquid essence instead of a toner. Sometimes there are gel/serum essence products that probably should be used along with a toner...but I'm definitely no expert. I think this link is invaluable though!
Pssst, it was me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But Skin and Tonics is one of my all time FAV blogs regarding skincare. She does some amazing testing. I would really suggest just checking out her blog in general since she is always trying new products and sometimes even finding new HG items.

The new website is ok. Looks much cleaner. I did notice they got rid of the "Drop us a note" thing (or whatever the text said) on the bottom of the screen. With this next baby step, I am hoping it means we are moving closer to an actual subscription so I can stop wondering when the next box is going to drop, ha.

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site.....first time posting. Your posts inspired me to order Superbox #1 and box 9. I see there's been changes and I feel for all the people who won't be able to get their Meme boxes (I lived in Australia and understand how irritating it is to be excluded from shipping). Anyways, just thought I'd make it official and stop lurking :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site.....first time posting. Your posts inspired me to order Superbox #1 and box 9. I see there's been changes and I feel for all the people who won't be able to get their Meme boxes (I lived in Australia and understand how irritating it is to be excluded from shipping). Anyways, just thought I'd make it official and stop lurking :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Welcome!!

Wow, I'm so glad I cancelled all my orders after customs problems with #4 (still waiting for a refund for this one...). I'd be much more upset right now with what Memebox is doing.

First things first - they are shipping from Asia, not USA, T&C of marking something as a gift are different. Have you ever noticed that no matter what and from whom you order from Asia, it's ALWAYS marked as a gift, huh?

And the way some people are talking in this thread... Wow, just wow. Especially if the changes doesn't concern you. And yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but in that case why are some people trying to shut others mouth?! I thought we were supposed to share our honest opinions on the box and the company here, not only compliments. 

Latest posts

Back