Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Renata P /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really don't know how you can distinguish a legitimate complaint from this unjustified one. I can agree that people often have concerns about many irrelevant things however everybody may have another point of view and what is important for you may be completely insignificant for anybody else.

Such a forum is a place where one can present a point of view I don't like but I have to accept this. One doe's not like getting the same lip gloss for the second time, another one is angry because of lacking the shipping number and somebody else would like Memebox to ship to her country. I cannot say which complaint is justified and can you?
I can absolutely distinguish for myself what I find to be a legitimate complaint and an unjustified one. I never said everyone had to agree with me on that decision, but I do reserve the right to say how I feel, just like everyone else can.

I have to admit that due to my massive stash most of my boxes have had the brush off recently as my stash is huge and ten would have been my last for at least six months anyway so I can't really moan about no more orders but I am concerned for other reasons. I have lots of orders outstanding, including two that are mid shipping, and these orders I worry about as I love these boxes and really want to receive my boxes and don't want my orders lost as they change the website. My main issue isn't that they no longer ship to me but the worry that my outstanding orders, including one birthday present, might be effected by the changes. I might email them in a few days over this but won't today as I am guessing they have loads already. Btw, I really think that giving a negative post about negative posts and one that offends people isn't really the way to go. The meme boxes have been ace so fa and I really hope they go strength to strength but people have every right to moan when they change the goalposts every day and you don't know the rules from one day to the next.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to admit that due to my massive stash most of my boxes have had the brush off recently as my stash is huge and ten would have been my last for at least six months anyway so I can't really moan about no more orders but I am concerned for other reasons.
I have lots of orders outstanding, including two that are mid shipping, and these orders I worry about as I love these boxes and really want to receive my boxes and don't want my orders lost as they change the website.
My main issue isn't that they no longer ship to me but the worry that my outstanding orders, including one birthday present, might be effected by the changes.
I might email them in a few days over this but won't today as I am guessing they have loads already.

Btw, I really think that giving a negative post about negative posts and one that offends people isn't really the way to go.
The meme boxes have been ace so fa and I really hope they go strength to strength but people have every right to moan when they change the goalposts every day and you don't know the rules from one day to the next.

You're absolutely right that trying to put a fire out with more fire isn't the answer, but like everyone else, I get exasperated and was at the end of my rope. I'd love it if we could all move on from the issue now and hopefully get everyone's concerns resolved so that everyone is happy and moving on from the issues! I hope that someone has taken it upon themselves to e-mail memebox and get some answers for those of you who have outstanding orders etc!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to admit that due to my massive stash most of my boxes have had the brush off recently as my stash is huge and ten would have been my last for at least six months anyway so I can't really moan about no more orders but I am concerned for other reasons.
I have lots of orders outstanding, including two that are mid shipping, and these orders I worry about as I love these boxes and really want to receive my boxes and don't want my orders lost as they change the website.
My main issue isn't that they no longer ship to me but the worry that my outstanding orders, including one birthday present, might be effected by the changes.
I might email them in a few days over this but won't today as I am guessing they have loads already.

Btw, I really think that giving a negative post about negative posts and one that offends people isn't really the way to go.
The meme boxes have been ace so fa and I really hope they go strength to strength but people have every right to moan when they change the goalposts every day and you don't know the rules from one day to the next.
I am pretty sure that they will ship all orders in time and you can still place the order till the end of March. I don't think they are going to cancel any orders from outside Japan and North America. I am still awaiting for 6 boxes:)

Quote: Originally Posted by Renata P /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really don't know how you can distinguish a legitimate complaint from this unjustified one. I can agree that people often have concerns about many irrelevant things however everybody may have another point of view and what is important for you may be completely insignificant for anybody else.

Such a forum is a place where one can present a point of view I don't like but I have to accept this. One doe's not like getting the same lip gloss for the second time, another one is angry because of lacking the shipping number and somebody else would like Memebox to ship to her country. I cannot say which complaint is justified and can you?
And we don't get our boxes for free, we payed for them, and now we get tossed because they couldn't figure how to handle shipping to Europe. I mean we in Poland had no problem getting our boxes and from what I have heard UK and Portugal are getting better because customs saw a few of these boxes and are letting them through now. SO Yes I am angry for teasing us giving us points and now forcing us to buy stuff with these points coz they are changing, yet again, their policy. This is NOT how you make business this is how you get rid of customers actually. And no I am not angry that as a blogger you get free stuff, good for you I am sure you have earnd it with countless hours writing and reviewing on your blog, but throwing it in our faces when we pay for it and losing the ability to order more is a bit .... not nice to be honest..

Y'all, I have been following this thread from Page 1, and I have refrained from jumping in throughout all the highs and lows, because I am a natural lurker, but.................

I am with MissJexie.  And honestly, it is JUST as valid to express frustration and want to SUPPORT a company... as it is to express frustration against a company.  Just as everyone is entitled to their frustrations and gripes, everyone is equally entitled to chime in with why they think people should be patient with a NEW company that is a) still navigating the international waters and B) BENDING OVER BACKWARDS trying to accommodate every little gripe.  Sometimes when you're on the bad end of the gripe stick, it's hard to see the big picture, but think about it--

"These boxes keep selling out!" 

--"Okay, here's another box." 

"There's too many boxes! I can't keep checking back!" 

--"Okay, we'll let you preorder 3 so you don't miss the next 3." 

"I can't order 3 at a time, that's too many!" 

--"Okay, we'll sell them individually." 

"That's too much money!!"

-- "Okay, you can pay us later."

"I don't like that I don't have your pinky swears that I'm locked in!"

ETC, ETC, ETC.

Memebox is a business.  They have to cater to the majority. 

Up until now, they were Korea only.  They are ALREADY DOING US A SOLID by expanding internationally.  They started out too big.  They realized they were in over their heads.  So now they're scaling back and trying to declutter, and figure things out.  Because you can't build a house by just dumping a bag of bricks.  You need a solid foundation.  I have zero doubts that once they figure out how to build a successful (FULL) international model, they will unveil it.  But right now, it seems like they want to just get. things. right. 

1) Of COURSE it's frustrating when a company isn't as transparent with their decisions as you'd like.  But it's unfair to angrily toss them to the wolves just because you are personally offended.  Of COURSE it feels like a slap in the face when someone from Poland, or Azerbaijan, or Hungary has been supporting Memebox from Day 1.  But just because you have been following them from Day 1, doesn't mean that your fellow country(wo)men have been doing the same.  If you have 5,000 subscribers from the US, and 50 subscribers from Belarus... guess what?  They're going to pick the US to focus their efforts, and figure things out.

You want them to fix their issues and make everyone happy, right? (First of all, not everyone can be happy.  Dem's the breaks.)  Let them figure their s--- out. 

2) Honestly, y'all need to simmer down with the hyperboles.  Everything feels like the end of the world in here, when it's not.  "They included L'Oreal!! I'm never buying from them again!!!!!!"  "They changed their shipping!  I'm never buying from them again!!!!!!!"  "They added jewelry!!! I'm never buying from them again!!!!"  "Customs is freaking out and I'm not getting my boxes!!!! I'm never buying from them ag---- WHAT??? I can't get them anymore???? THIS ISN'T FAIR."

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  Every opinions is valid.  But that should apply in BOTH DIRECTIONS. 

Guess what.  I LOVE Memebox.  And I'm not a blogger, or a partner, or a whatever.  I'm just a fan.  I loved Box 4.  I loved Box 5.  I'm excited for Box 7.  (I missed Box 6!  Bummer!  C'est la vie!)  So my DEFENSE for a company should be Just As Valid as a COMPLAINT.

This "Being negative about negativity doesn't help!!!!" is honestly just sour grapes.  You don't want people raining on your complaint parade, fine.  But if you're allowed to complain about a company, then I'm allowed to say, "I disagree."

The end.

Quote: Originally Posted by RoiRoy33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Y'all, I have been following this thread from Page 1, and I have refrained from jumping in throughout all the highs and lows, because I am a natural lurker, but.................

I am with MissJexie.  And honestly, it is JUST as valid to express frustration and want to SUPPORT a company... as it is to express frustration against a company.  Just as everyone is entitled to their frustrations and gripes, everyone is equally entitled to chime in with why they think people should be patient with a NEW company that is a) still navigating the international waters and B) BENDING OVER BACKWARDS trying to accommodate every little gripe.  Sometimes when you're on the bad end of the gripe stick, it's hard to see the big picture, but think about it--

"These boxes keep selling out!" 

--"Okay, here's another box." 

"There's too many boxes! I can't keep checking back!" 

--"Okay, we'll let you preorder 3 so you don't miss the next 3." 

"I can't order 3 at a time, that's too many!" 

--"Okay, we'll sell them individually." 

"That's too much money!!"

-- "Okay, you can pay us later."

"I don't like that I don't have your pinky swears that I'm locked in!"

ETC, ETC, ETC.

Memebox is a business.  They have to cater to the majority. 

Up until now, they were Korea only.  They are ALREADY DOING US A SOLID by expanding internationally.  They started out too big.  They realized they were in over their heads.  So now they're scaling back and trying to declutter, and figure things out.  Because you can't build a house by just dumping a bag of bricks.  You need a solid foundation.  I have zero doubts that once they figure out how to build a successful (FULL) international model, they will unveil it.  But right now, it seems like they want to just get. things. right. 

1) Of COURSE it's frustrating when a company isn't as transparent with their decisions as you'd like.  But it's unfair to angrily toss them to the wolves just because you are personally offended.  Of COURSE it feels like a slap in the face when someone from Poland, or Azerbaijan, or Hungary has been supporting Memebox from Day 1.  But just because you have been following them from Day 1, doesn't mean that your fellow country(wo)men have been doing the same.  If you have 5,000 subscribers from the US, and 50 subscribers from Belarus... guess what?  They're going to pick the US to focus their efforts, and figure things out.

You want them to fix their issues and make everyone happy, right? (First of all, not everyone can be happy.  Dem's the breaks.)  Let them figure their s--- out. 

2) Honestly, y'all need to simmer down with the hyperboles.  Everything feels like the end of the world in here, when it's not.  "They included L'Oreal!! I'm never buying from them again!!!!!!"  "They changed their shipping!  I'm never buying from them again!!!!!!!"  "They added jewelry!!! I'm never buying from them again!!!!"  "Customs is freaking out and I'm not getting my boxes!!!! I'm never buying from them ag---- WHAT??? I can't get them anymore???? THIS ISN'T FAIR."

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  Every opinions is valid.  But that should apply in BOTH DIRECTIONS. 

Guess what.  I LOVE Memebox.  And I'm not a blogger, or a partner, or a whatever.  I'm just a fan.  I loved Box 4.  I loved Box 5.  I'm excited for Box 7.  (I missed Box 6!  Bummer!  C'est la vie!)  So my DEFENSE for a company should be Just As Valid as a COMPLAINT.

This "Being negative about negativity doesn't help!!!!" is honestly just sour grapes.  You don't want people raining on your complaint parade, fine.  But if you're allowed to complain about a company, then I'm allowed to say, "I disagree."

The end.
I understand everything but consider this, US is a massive country bigger then Europe you will always have more subscribers then one country in Europe,. But Europe all together has their own subscribers as well In my humble personal opinion it's just not fair especially when bloggers started to promote this service, encouraged by meme, and not only in Poland but in UK and other European countries. What will they say now Oh sorry we are a small community so meme decided to send to a bigger one? We are fans as well and we were excited too for the boxes why should we be considered as the ugly sister now. 

Everyone relax!!!! It's just a box. I have no doubt that everyone will get what they paid for, and I'm sorry that some people will no longer be able to subscribe to the box. But, honestly if memebox stated that they would no longer offer boxes to the US I would make sure I got my money and go about my way. That's the only thing I have to say about this subject. Honestly if this back and forth goes on any longer, it needs to be taken to another thread. 

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Everyone relax!!!! It's just a box. I have no doubt that everyone will get what they paid for, and I'm sorry that some people will no longer be able to subscribe to the box. But, honestly if memebox stated that they would no longer offer boxes to the US I would make sure I got my money and go about my way. That's the only thing I have to say about this subject. Honestly if this back and forth goes on any longer, it needs to be taken to another thread. 
You are right it's just frustrating as Korean cosmetics are really hard to get. I guess back to the old Glossybox then:)

Ok, so everyone's got their opinion - fine. I don't have to agree nor will I ever be happy about being treated like a second class customer, but be it. Just one last question: would you really, honestly feel the same way if these were your boxes on the line? And I'll just mention that what we in Poland have 2 beauty boxes to choose from, both of them rather c***py so it does make a real difference to us. It's not like we can go and buy 30 other subscriptions instead - maybe that explains why we feel so strongly about it
frown.gif

On a different note then: can you recommend other international beauty subscriptions, preferably with Korean cosmetics or ones which ship to Europe? If there's a thread, I'd be grateful for a link.

Ok, so everyone's got their opinion - fine. I don't have to agree nor will I ever be happy about being treated like a second class customer, but be it. Just one last question: would you really, honestly feel the same way if these were your boxes on the line? And I'll just mention that what we in Poland have 2 beauty boxes to choose from, both of them rather c***py so it does make a real difference to us. It's not like we can go and buy 30 other subscriptions instead - maybe that explains why we feel so strongly about it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> On a different note then: can you recommend other international beauty subscriptions, preferably with Korean cosmetics or ones which ship to Europe? If there's a thread, I'd be grateful for a link.
Paulina, I know Wishtrend, Yesstyle and Roserose shop but they don't have good offer...

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok, so everyone's got their opinion - fine. I don't have to agree nor will I ever be happy about being treated like a second class customer, but be it. Just one last question: would you really, honestly feel the same way if these were your boxes on the line? And I'll just mention that what we in Poland have 2 beauty boxes to choose from, both of them rather c***py so it does make a real difference to us. It's not like we can go and buy 30 other subscriptions instead - maybe that explains why we feel so strongly about it
frown.gif

On a different note then: can you recommend other international beauty subscriptions, preferably with Korean cosmetics or ones which ship to Europe? If there's a thread, I'd be grateful for a link.
I am sticking with Glamabox - the most similar one to Meme.

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am sticking with Glamabox - the most similar one to Meme.

Quote: Originally Posted by Malaperelka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Paulina, I know Wishtrend, Yesstyle and Roserose shop but they don't have good offer...

Thank you ladies, I'll have a look at those :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't think its right that they don't explain the plan as to boxes with a later ship date. They should have seen that concern coming and cut it off at the path. They're slow as all heck responding to us regular plebs so I can see why people are worried. I could say a lot more but really I'm not going to get into it; its not the place. I can say its going to suck when we lose half of our chatters in this thread.

Quote: Originally Posted by ellesnails /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think its right that they don't explain the plan as to boxes with a later ship date. They should have seen that concern coming and cut it off at the path. They're slow as all heck responding to us regular plebs so I can see why people are worried.

I could say a lot more but really I'm not going to get into it; its not the place. I can say its going to suck when we lose half of our chatters in this thread.
I think they will honor all the orders we make till 31st March, not matter the shipping date.

They say "Unfortunately, orders placed by countries outside of the United States, Canada and Japan will be accepted only until the 31st of March (to ensure your points don’t go to waste, please spend them by that date!)"

They don't say Shipped!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm ticket 2118 if that helps.

i only replied to them today to as they had contacted me as a uk blogger to work with them and they didn't say nothing in he email of changes,so i have asked them to answer my questions. when i originally spoke on signing up they didn't mention they were shipping worldwide but that they may remove that option.
That's strange. Why did they contact you, a UK blogger if they were not going to ship to your country? I suppose you have no idea either.

Quote: Originally Posted by ellesnails /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think its right that they don't explain the plan as to boxes with a later ship date. They should have seen that concern coming and cut it off at the path. They're slow as all heck responding to us regular plebs so I can see why people are worried.

I could say a lot more but really I'm not going to get into it; its not the place. I can say its going to suck when we lose half of our chatters in this thread.

Thank you for understanding
smile.gif
Of course, you're 100% right - it was obvious from the beginning that these questions were going to follow so why not make everything clear to start with? I'm going to email them soon but I don't expect a quick answer, especially now that they're down for maintenance. In fact today I've got a reply to my email from February, 20 concerning the shipping of my Box 6 which already arrived on Tuesday. So it's obvious we're going to wait for at least a week before everything becomes clear (if it does at all).

I have to say this is exactly how I feel . That's why I left the thread last night and will again after this post. I never complained over the same products in previous boxes I wasn't bothered. How are we suppose to feel after receiving that email nothing was explained zmeurope sales have actually rose a lot memebox did tell me that. I think although I'm still awaiting an answer to me email I do have a right to feel fed up. And you missed the point totally about gift on subscription boxes as appose to trying to sell individual products Ina company say golfclubs and label them gifts yes that is illegal. If I ordered goods from meme shop I would expect the parcel to be not labelled gift. Yes I'm glad you miss jexxie let us in to this box and thank you but when people have not had previous issues you round on us as though it's in spite. We payed for our boxes and also plenty after the shipping date and as nothing was explained in the email which it should we are in limbo. Chancing we will get a reply. The problem with the internet is you don't know how that person wrote it. So yes miss jexxie last night it came a cross from you as rude and arsey with the attitude of I'm a blogger and don't pay anyway for a box.'im glad that others in the thread understood how the European and Australians were feeling a little miffed.

Not to read as arsey thread sorry.
I don't want to use your post as a support for my negative feelings about this thread last time however I found it rather hostile just after MissJexie opinions, not earlier. I don't like this kind of authoritarian and aggressive judgements and they lead me to the conclusion that there must be a certain number of free boxes and cosmetics one should get to say such things in such way. I say again I am not the one to classify if any complaint is legitimate or not and I always say for myself so everybody can have another opinion.

I am not happy with latest changes and I let the company know about it, but my mail with ticket ca. 700 is not answered yet so I don't expect too much.

I have to say this is exactly how I feel . That's why I left the thread last night and will again after this post. I never complained over the same products in previous boxes I wasn't bothered. How are we suppose to feel after receiving that email nothing was explained zmeurope sales have actually rose a lot memebox did tell me that. I think although I'm still awaiting an answer to me email I do have a right to feel fed up. And you missed the point totally about gift on subscription boxes as appose to trying to sell individual products Ina company say golfclubs and label them gifts yes that is illegal. If I ordered goods from meme shop I would expect the parcel to be not labelled gift. Yes I'm glad you miss jexxie let us in to this box and thank you but when people have not had previous issues you round on us as though it's in spite. We payed for our boxes and also plenty after the shipping date and as nothing was explained in the email which it should we are in limbo. Chancing we will get a reply. The problem with the internet is you don't know how that person wrote it. So yes miss jexxie last night it came a cross from you as rude and arsey with the attitude of I'm a blogger and don't pay anyway for a box.'im glad that others in the thread understood how the European and Australians were feeling a little miffed.

Not to read as arsey thread sorry.
I am gutted that they've stopped shipping to my country. Neither I nor others I know of have had issues with customs, charges or delays and it has been fine, so it was a bit of a shocker. While I do get that there will be teething problems, you're absolutely right, Lorna - none of it has been explained. What makes my heebie-jeebies worse is, sometime last year, there was another subscription that sent out a fabulous box and gave us all codes left, right and centre, told us there were teething problems, and once many more people had signed up, they shelved the subscription - there was a huge shindy right here on MUT about that. A case of biting off more than they could chew, not to mention other things. There are still people waiting for refunds. I really, really, really hope Memebox doesn't crumple up like the other one did and wish they hadn't put out so many boxes at one go. Slow and steady etc etc. If we were on box #5 orders now, I daresay they could have coped better with the spate of orders.

I hope my post will not offend any of you. This is not a criticism of anyone or even of Memebox. Just my 2c, since I'm beginning to see some similarities between this case and what happened back in October. Is there anyone else who was on THAT box as well and who notices the scary symptoms?

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am gutted that they've stopped shipping to my country. Neither I nor others I know of have had issues with customs, charges or delays and it has been fine, so it was a bit of a shocker. While I do get that there will be teething problems, you're absolutely right, Lorna - none of it has been explained. What makes my heebie-jeebies worse is, sometime last year, there was another subscription that sent out a fabulous box and gave us all codes left, right and centre, told us there were teething problems, and once many more people had signed up, they shelved the subscription - there was a huge shindy right here on MUT about that. A case of biting off more than they could chew, not to mention other things. There are still people waiting for refunds. I really, really, really hope Memebox doesn't crumple up like the other one did and wish they hadn't put out so many boxes at one go. Slow and steady etc etc. If we were on box #5 orders now, I daresay they could have coped better with the spate of orders.

I hope my post will not offend any of you. This is not a criticism of anyone or even of Memebox. Just my 2c, since I'm beginning to see some similarities between this case and what happened back in October. Is there anyone else who was on THAT box as well and who notices the scary symptoms?
Oh, please don't be a bad prophet. I have ordered plenty of boxes and hope to get all of them.

Latest posts

Back