Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New mail from Memebox saying ppl from outside US, Canada and Japan will not be able to order from Memebox after 31st March :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am really really really sad...

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That sucks. Can't order after 31st march. Not feeling much love for memebox now.
Not very happy either.I think they should have thought about everything before they went worldwide. Rubbish!

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif

New mail from Memebox saying ppl from outside US, Canada and Japan will not be able to order from Memebox after 31st March
frown.gif

I am really really really sad...
I am so disappointed ....

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I pre-ordered mine, had those shipping problems (the EMS thing), and mine still hasn't shipped. I'm getting aggravated.
It seems like the process is very slow now. No respond to emails either, its weird as it seems they pick emails which they choose to reply to. they replied to one of my emails (within 12 hours) and ignored other (sent few days earlier). :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow...I'm sorry ladies. I wonder why they are doing this. I got an email about a site upgrade but the dates don't correspond. That's really disappointing.

I'm really sorry to hear that ladies. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Although I do want to remind everyone that Memebox was experimenting since they went global to see where their biggest audiences were, what popular/unpopular products would be, how often they should release boxes, what types of boxes etc etc.

It seems that the revamp of the site on the 28th, and the release of some newer products/brands in the store as well as the removal of the jewelry shows that they are beginning to come out of that experimental phase. Unfortunately it seems that they probably are looking at the cost of shipping to certain countries, the amount of subscribers they have gained in each country etc, and it's probably not making them enough/any profit to expand to other countries that aren't giving them large amounts of subscribers.

I think the "global" idea was good in theory, but I do think that they overwhelmed themselves and they are now scaling back and starting from scratch a bit. I know it's probably an incredibly disappointment, and I would be upset as well, but I hope that you try to understand where they are coming from, form a buisness perspective, and hopefully once they find their footing in the US/Canada/Japanese markets that they will re-expand to more countries.

Wow...I'm sorry ladies. I wonder why they are doing this. I got an email about a site upgrade but the dates don't correspond. That's really disappointing.
IT is at bottom of that email.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IT is at bottom of that email.
I dont see in on my email either. I'm sorry to hear that though.

I'm totally disappointed too. I see no point in resigning from European customers whatsoever. It's not like they keep offices and employees here, so the costs are too high in comparison to the amount of orders. All they do is send some extra packages to customers in Europe, whom they're now going to lose. I seriously have very bad feelings about them now and don't suppose I'd ever want to come back in the future after being excluded like that with no apparent reason. If you can't handle your business, you're just not good enough.

so i just read the email ,so another box not shipping to the uk .i am getting very annoyed with all these changes they keep dropping and will be emailing.they have no reason to actually stop shipping to europe and such,and the fact they have taken money off us up to box 10 which ships after march the 31st is a bit rich really. so how are you suppose to use the points up if they will no longer ship.

i see that they have totally misjudged there selling platform and it doesn't bode well for them in the long run overall. it seems to be a company that likes to change there goal posts a little too often ,in the uk it was the same with luxbox they took the money then boxes did or didn't turn up.i have bad  no not bad but unnerving feelings about this company.

I understand the frustration, but this is a very common practice for companies to try a few different things to see what works and what doesn't. They're not even 6 months old yet in regards to their global market, and I think it was great that they even included other countries in their trial period when most companies exclude everyone except the US, usually. I don't think we should be badmouthing them simply because there are some disappointed people. It's not like they refunded your money and said "sorry you can't get anymore memeboxes starting right now." At least they're giving everyone a month advance notice. If I owned a business and was losing money/not making a profit in a certain area of the business, you would cut out that area. That's just good business practices.

I think it's unfair of people to start comparing them to other box companies and suggesting that they won't send the rest of your boxes before they've even had a chance to do one thing or the other. If you have points, use them on a superbox or on an item in the shop that you've been eyeing. They've given you plenty of notice to use the points you have left. Like I said, I can understand being disappointed about missing out on these boxes but there is absolutely no reason to be getting nasty, or blaming them. They're a business. They're a NEW business to the market outside of Korea and I have repeatedly relayed to everyone in this thread that things could change at ANY time because they are still in their experimental phases, trying to figure out what works best for them.

Memebox has been nothing but excellent in regards to our issues. People complained about the L'Oreal lipstick and they responded and assured that any boxes that were pre-ordered would not include those kinds of items. People complained about the jewelry and they took it down. People complained about the boxes coming out too quickly and they've since slowed down. They have been nothing but apologetic about the delay in e-mail responses, but they always get back to me, even if it takes a bit longer than usual.

There's a difference between being disappointed or bummed out, and making accusations about a company who is just trying to find their footing in a global market for the first time. Please reserve your negative assumptions until there is reason to say them. You can be upset about the decision, but starting to speculate about things that haven't even happened yet is just a rumor-mill, and something I don't think anyone wants to see. This thread has become SUCH a bummer lately with the endless mass of negative nancies. You all absolutely have the right to be upset about not being able to receive future boxes, but that's what is going to work best for their company. I would much rather have them continue to thrive and eventually offer memboxes worldwide again, rather than have them go bankrupt trying to make every single person happy.

Sorry if this has  been brought up. Have any of the US ladies had to pay import fees when it gets here?

I really think, as I think I said on earlier page, they expanded too fast and the real issue with that is from past history this can cause huge issues. It appears to be true in this case. I have quite a few orders outstanding and just hope I get them.

Quote: Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sorry if this has  been brought up. Have any of the US ladies had to pay import fees when it gets here?
Nope- no fees here. Have received 4 boxes thus far with no problems!

this is just sad:) so they tempted us with boxes and  products and now they exclude us? I think Europe has a pretty good market for these products?!

This will make a lot of ppl angry...

And what's with the boxes, we have already ordered? Are they going to ship all the boxes, we have ordered, or only those, which shipping date NOT after 31st march is?

Quote: Originally Posted by Angelika Griner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  And what's with the boxes, we have already ordered? Are they going to ship all the boxes, we have ordered, or only those, which shipping date NOT after 31st march is?
I'm sure they're going to honor those boxes. If you're concerned I would contact them directly to find out the state of any pending orders.

Latest posts

Back