Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by migasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I could be wrong, but in the EU pay vat and tax rates on the invoice - from what you paid. Points are simply discount. Since there is no tax discount. Stores always do discounts. To the office of submitting paypal page.

I'm sorry, my english is bad. I do not know if you understand me ...
I understand and I agree, but they just work like that. Its like the shipping thing too: it counts towards that 43eur value, wich is just plain stupid :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For isntance, if I win a camera worth 400eur from outside Portugal, and if that camera stops at customs, I will pay taxes over the 400eur. 

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really want Superbox #1. Just putting it out there. LOL
Queeenb, take a deep breath and think like me:

We have other boxes ordered (me: 7, 8 and 9, plus lucky box and SP 2) - we will probably end up, one day, getting some of those products, right??

Bit O/T to read for member Patantao

I live in one of the EU countries and here it is euro 22 above that you pay extra. There used to be some leniency some years ago for packages coming in via post office but when post office changed to other company  they are very strict to the Euro 22 max. Even being usd 2. usd over I got hit with pay extra eu 17.00 even my regular postman was upset about this he said stay under the 22 euro which is approx 29usd. So the super memebox I will never be able to buy that one due to the rules of EU and import online shopping. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Queeenb, take a deep breath and think like me:

We have other boxes ordered (me: 7, 8 and 9, plus lucky box and SP 2) - we will probably end up, one day, getting some of those products, right??

You're right.  I have 7 and 2 lucky boxes coming.  I haven't even opened 6 yet! Hope I get to try the stem cell stuff soon! I doubt anyone will trade it though.

Quote: Originally Posted by BelleBeryl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in one of the EU countries and here it is euro 22 above that you pay extra. There used to be some leniency some years ago for packages coming in via post office but when post office changed to other company  they are very strict to the Euro 22 max. Even being usd 2. usd over I got hit with pay extra eu 17.00 even my regular postman was upset about this he said stay under the 22 euro which is approx 29usd. So the super memebox I will never be able to buy that one due to the rules of EU and import online shopping. 
Girls, welcome to Polish
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by BelleBeryl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing that makes me mad is despite the EU rules, each country makes it's own little rules. Some products do pay taxes over 22 eur, but I have no idea wich ones are - and I am guessing they don't have any idea either. When something stops at customs and they ask for documents I have to send:

- link of the product so they can see it

- my id/vat copy

- paypal payment

- invoice (it can be a print screen of the online invoice)

- document showing that payment in an acount - like a bank extract

So, if I have discounts but the original price is over 43eur, they will charge me.

EDIT - and an "honor declaration" stating these products are for self use and not for commercial use.

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're right.  I have 7 and 2 lucky boxes coming.  I haven't even opened 6 yet! Hope I get to try the stem cell stuff soon! I doubt anyone will trade it though.
Let's just hope for the best :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just saw they added Skinfood to the available brands, and that's a good news.

Quote: Originally Posted by migasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Girls, welcome to Polish
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Welcome to EU lol

Cause I am portuguese !

I must say I am really getting frustrated with their customer service I know they have loads of email and such but I had one of my orders canceled, the lucky box, they said they canceled it now I have 7 canceled  for some reason too, they took 10 points of my account and I have no money back on my bank account. I asked them twice  last week what is up with that and still no answer.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aga Atarii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's really, really strange! Why would they cancel your boxes?

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Welcome to EU lol

Cause I am portuguese !
Well, Poland is in EU too, but in fact it depends on the country's individual regulations as well. Here you can pay tax on orders of 22 euro or more (unless it's marked as a gift - then it's 45), but usually it doesn't happen if your order is worth less than 50 euro. And it often depends on individual customs officer because sometimes you don't pay even for more expensive orders.

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's really, really strange! Why would they cancel your boxes?
no no I cancelled one box the lucky box but it seems I have 7 cancelled too and they took my points and I have no money return :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

no no I cancelled one box the lucky box but it seems I have 7 cancelled too and they took my points and I have no money return :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh, I see. When I asked them about points for reviews, they told me they were going to verify all reviews to see if people didn't review the products they hadn't bought. Maybe that's the problem with points? That they're taking some of them back now for some reason? I don't know, sb here had written before anout having their points taken so maybe it's sth like that?

Because I have the opposite situation - my reviews didn't show on the site for a long time (that's when they said they were verifying) and than I unexpectedly got some points added.

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh, I see. When I asked them about points for reviews, they told me they were going to verify all reviews to see if people didn't review the products they hadn't bought. Maybe that's the problem with points? That they're taking some of them back now for some reason? I don't know, sb here had written before anout having their points taken so maybe it's sth like that?

Because I have the opposite situation - my reviews didn't show on the site for a long time (that's when they said they were verifying) and than I unexpectedly got some points added.

no they took the points that I got back from the change they made about postage, they gave us 5 points for the change and I had 2 boxes ordered 7 and Lucky, I canceled one box but still they took all of the points away. And yesterday they actually gave me points for reviews :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

no they took the points that I got back from the change they made about postage, they gave us 5 points for the change and I had 2 boxes ordered 7 and Lucky, I canceled one box but still they took all of the points away. And yesterday they actually gave me points for reviews :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ok, I understand. Seems really weird and it's definately annoying that you have to wait so long for an answer even in this kind of an important matter. Hope you'll get your answer really soon, don't worry
rolleyes.gif

They didn't give 5pts for changing the postage dates, they gave 3 for each box that was postponed. 5 points they usually give for bying boxes - lucky box had that 5 points bonus, but #7 didn't. 

I received my 6-2 box yesterday. For those of you you that have box 6-2 already how many of those CLIV- Collagen Resurgence Laser Ampoule did you get? 

Also for those of you that live i the states and miss the mailman when they deliver and get that sorry we missed you slip. You can sign the back of it and check the box that says something along the lines of please redeliver it and place it on where ever you want them to place it such as your porch. Just leave it attached to your mailbox and they will redeliver it with no problem you wont even have to wait for the mailman and sign for it. 
biggrin.gif

Moonbunny, in my 6-2 there was one 8ml ampoule and two samples of same thing, plus two samples of something else from the same brand (yellow photo on the sample)

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenJane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Question on reviews/points: do you review the box itself? the products in it?
You can do both... I would review the box as a whole and then if the products have individual pages review them as well and you receive 1 point/ 1$ per review. Im waiting for my first box to come to do reviews. I kinda feel likes it cheating though to review on products you didn't get or want to get just to get the points. Although they do not check and they don't really care what you write, they give you the points anyway so you could rack up many points by doing lots of silly reviews. 

Latest posts

Back