Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

laughno.gif
 LOL! We watch a lot of rubbish on the internet, but this is something else. I'm at loss for words. I might come across as a troll for leaving a comment, but I don't want other girls to think that this is what a Memebox is and get disappointed/confused when the receive a "real" Memebox. 
I was going to leave a comment too, but I feel like I'm just going to end up writing something mean so I held back. 
wink.gif

I see that some other people (@MissJexie ) were nice enough to explain to her what Memebox actually is, since it was obviously too difficult to take 30 seconds & google it before she made this craptastic video. 

On a related note...it's not really pronounced ME ME box, is it? I've always thought it was pronounced MEEM box. 

Gah, anyway... I'm kind of regretting ordering 7, 8, AND 9,  only because I'm so overwhelmed with products right now! Hopefully I'll get through reviewing all of the boxes I have now & find some space to store them before the next box comes. 

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was going to leave a comment too, but I feel like I'm just going to end up writing something mean so I held back. 
wink.gif

I see that some other people (@MissJexie ) were nice enough to explain to her what Memebox actually is, since it was obviously too difficult to take 30 seconds & google it before she made this craptastic video. 

On a related note...it's not really pronounced ME ME box, is it? I've always thought it was pronounced MEEM box. 

LOL I agree so much with this!

I couldn't even get through the whole video. Shut it off after 'presentated.' 

She says 'It's all in Korean' like fifty times, as if that's shocking. They're Korean products. Of course the labels are going to be in Korean.
plain.gif

giiiiirl she's been touched by an angel!  I just said "LOL this isn't a Memebox, I have most of them and I don't have any of these items".  Something like that.  At least I put an 'LOL' so it's only half-serious. LOL!!!!!! But I was totally serious, mmhmm! I pronounce it me-me, and there's this thing on their website that says "mimibaks" so I'm assuming it's pronounced that way!

Yea, I'm backed up with products too, they just seem to keep rolling in! LOL! Love-hate relationship, but this may be my best relationship with a sub box!

I got 8 and 9 just to check out the offerings. I love my misha BB creams and am intrigued to try more. I do wish the list of ingredients were in English and does anyone know if they test on animals in Korea? That would prevent me from buying more, but it sure would be hard to quit my missha BB

I might take a break after ten. I am backed up with products too and ending other boxes to catch up. I like that these are mostly skincare as I ain't big on makeup but I only have one face.

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

giiiiirl she's been touched by an angel!  I just said "LOL this isn't a Memebox, I have most of them and I don't have any of these items".  Something like that.  At least I put an 'LOL' so it's only half-serious. LOL!!!!!! But I was totally serious, mmhmm! I pronounce it me-me, and there's this thing on their website that says "mimibaks" so I'm assuming it's pronounced that way!

Yea, I'm backed up with products too, they just seem to keep rolling in! LOL! Love-hate relationship, but this may be my best relationship with a sub box!
I was always sure it was me-me and not meme. A memebox would be something totally different, filled with lolcat toys and stuff. xD

LOL I agree so much with this!

I couldn't even get through the whole video. Shut it off after 'presentated.' 

She says 'It's all in Korean' like fifty times, as if that's shocking. They're Korean products. Of course the labels are going to be in Korean.
plain.gif

See, for me, the "presentated" just made me keep watching. I love a good train wreck on youtube. 
popc1.gif

In other news, getting 5 and 6 back to back is just too much stuff! Thank goodness 7 isn't shipping until March 18th. I need some time to work through some of this stuff! 

i usually watch her videos .but the last few months there have been some iffy videos where i receive the box and it is evident its a bloggers box she has been sent.

i have left a reply as if she had googled for info or looked online or actually asked memebox she could of really sold this box instead she has done the company no favours at all, and people will expect in there box what she has told them also said your receive more than 3-4 products.

i am finding the main bloggers ,you tubers that get handed all these boxes on a plate don't seem to be  giving that wow factor any longer,because they don't have to do anything, like for instance say the word korean 20 times.

i am glad that companies are starting to look at other bloggers/youtubers  nowadays to send promo boxes too.people get a bit meh watching the same people and they just remove from there viewing channels.

anyway she has given me a rage as it was such a bad video and it could of been such a good promo welcome look at this new company.

I just wanted link to this in case anyone else is as confused as I was at first with using all of these Korean products... My confusion mostly lay with the order of using the essences, creams, etc, as well as how different the toners are from western ones. If anyone here reads Skin and Tonics, then you have probably already seen it, but since we have received a lot of these kinds of products in these boxes I wanted to share this amazing post. She also added a list of reputable stores at the end that you can use to find the items that Meme Box isn't able to sell. http://www.skinandtonics.com/asian-skin-care-guide/
I really enjoyed this link! Thanks for posting it, I'm really learning a lot about Korean skin care. Heck, I'm just enjoying not neglecting my skin. It was so dry and peeling and now it's smooth and hydrated. I'm just using Olay products and an oil. I can't wait for my 1st box (Lucky) to arrive.

I was going to leave a comment too, but I feel like I'm just going to end up writing something mean so I held back.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I see that some other people (@MissJexie  ) were nice enough to explain to her what Memebox actually is, since it was obviously too difficult to take 30 seconds & google it before she made this craptastic video.  On a related note...it's not really pronounced ME ME box, is it? I've always thought it was pronounced MEEM box. 
I thought it was meme (meem) too but heard bloggers say otherwise and realize it didnt make sense if it was. They must have gotten a lot of questions on it because they put up a phonetic translation on their website. Its been a while since I've had to read anything phonetically but I can tell you its supposed to be me me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  By the way, to those who ordered Super Box #1: anyone got it yet?
We'll probably have to wait awhile to see what people received, since this box didn't get the free update to express. It will probably be the first week in March for those who preordered. 

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  We'll probably have to wait awhile to see what people received, since this box didn't get the free update to express. It will probably be the first week in March for those who preordered. 
I forgot about the shipping ooppsss

Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I forgot about the shipping ooppsss

Thanks!
I don't like it because, for the cost, I really want to see what people get before I buy it myself, but the longer shipping means it will probably be sold out by the time I see what's in it. Taking a risk for $69.99 is not the same as taking a risk for $29.99. 

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

header-beta_logo11.png

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't like it because, for the cost, I really want to see what people get before I buy it myself, but the longer shipping means it will probably be sold out by the time I see what's in it. Taking a risk for $69.99 is not the same as taking a risk for $29.99. 

That is how I feel. I also am afraid that I might have to pay taxes if I order it, since customs here charge taxes for packages worth over 43 eur = 59 usd (with shipping included). 

In the meantime, box #3 has also found its way out of customs, so I am guesseing I will be getting box 3 and 4 at the same time tomorrow. And if box 6 doesn't stop by customs, it will be here this week too lol

4 boxes in less than 2 weeks. I will be enjoying all those products for a long while...

It is pronounced mi-mi box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Taken from my very first blog post about memebox:

"Memebox is pronounced, "Me Me/ Mi Mi" box, and is named after "Mi-Mi" who is the Korean version of Barbie, and has been a beauty idol for many years. Add that to the word "Me" to refer to the box being for/about you, and you get "Memebox"!"

At least, that is what they told us to say when they first launched! LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by ellesnails /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought it was meme (meem) too but heard bloggers say otherwise and realize it didnt make sense if it was. They must have gotten a lot of questions on it because they put up a phonetic translation on their website. Its been a while since I've had to read anything phonetically but I can tell you its supposed to be me me.
Yup, it's me-me. ë¯¸ë¯¸ ë°• 스 phonetically is roughly "me me pak su" and it literally means MeMe Box

So I emailed about my shipping problem with the SB#1 and the fact that I was able to check out with express as my order was over $69 even though they don't offer free express shipping? Their response back was pretty unhelpful...and doesn't really help to address my concerns that their practices were a bit deceiving and deceptive. Sigh. Their CS has definitely become so much worse from when I first ordered Box 3 to now. The quality and personal touch in their emails decreased as well. It's such a shame.

Quote:  Hi,
Thanks for reaching out to us and apology for any of your inconvenience.

We are arranging your package through standard shipping, and it will be shipped out on next Monday, February 22nd.

We will get back to you with tracking number of your package. It might take up to 2 days from shipping date!

We are continually working on improvements of your convenient shopping experience. For that happen, please allow us more time to help your convenience.

If you have any question, please contact us at [email protected].

Quote: Originally Posted by jennwzhu89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I emailed about my shipping problem with the SB#1 and the fact that I was able to check out with express as my order was over $69 even though they don't offer free express shipping? Their response back was pretty unhelpful...and doesn't really help to address my concerns that their practices were a bit deceiving and deceptive. Sigh. Their CS has definitely become so much worse from when I first ordered Box 3 to now. The quality and personal touch in their emails decreased as well. It's such a shame.
They haven't even responded to me yet. (╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

You (kind of, but not really), got lucky!

I wanted to buy the skincare box, but I got sad about this whole ordeal and bought a qbox instead!

Latest posts

Back