Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my box 6 today! Same as what was already posted, same repeat of the gloss. I'm not too upset, I'll trade it, and I didn't get box one so the spray was new to me.  I'll be bummed if there are a ton of repeats going forward though.  I tried the rose water and the whitening lotion, didn't really see any effect although it seems to be making my chin break out.  I tried them together though so i'm not sure which one is the culprit. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had to come here post this, for those who know my journey with customs in my beloved Portugal:

Memebox #4 has left customs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes, box #3 is still there... see how things work here? I got #5 already, will be getting #4 next week and still have no clue about #3...
Oh, Patantao it is simple - they always take parcels from the top of the pile.

It is my first post here and I start with complaints, sorry. When I saw the photos of the box #6 yesterday I thought “great boxâ€. I didn’t mind the Recipe product to be repeated: Box #1 was such a rare species that most of us had no chance to get it. I didn’t mind the lip gloss…till now. When I realized that there was CLIV ampoule in the 6-2 version my feelings were mixed at least.

It’s like an extra product in the box! The lip gloss I already have, the serum is something really new and extremely interesting. I could understand the lip gloss vs mascara or so, but in this case I feel upset and disappointed somehow. Why was I so quick and ordered the box so fast?.

I like the boxes, I try not to pay attention to constant rules changes, I believe they are trying to do their best but this time I am really dissatisfied with their politics, as the boxes should be comparable at least (am I jealous or so?).

Quote: Originally Posted by Renata P /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is my first post here and I start with complaints, sorry. When I saw the photos of the box #6 yesterday I thought “great boxâ€. I didn’t mind the Recipe product to be repeated: Box #1 was such a rare species that most of us had no chance to get it. I didn’t mind the lip gloss…till now. When I realized that there was CLIV ampoule in the 6-2 version my feelings were mixed at least.

It’s like an extra product in the box! The lip gloss I already have, the serum is something really new and extremely interesting. I could understand the lip gloss vs mascara or so, but in this case I feel upset and disappointed somehow. Why was I so quick and ordered the box so fast?.

I like the boxes, I try not to pay attention to constant rules changes, I believe they are trying to do their best but this time I am really dissatisfied with their politics, as the boxes should be comparable at least (am I jealous or so?).
My thoughts exactly! Why would I be "punished" for buying the box in the first round? I know, "punished" is quite a harsh word here, but, seriously, why would 6-2 include a whole new product and 6 only the lipgloss I got already at the beginning of the month?

My thoughts exactly! Why would I be "punished" for buying the box in the first round? I know, "punished" is quite a harsh word here, but, seriously, why would 6-2 include a whole new product and 6 only the lipgloss I got already at the beginning of the month?
I'm furious because of that, I sent Memebox not quite nice mail...

I'm furious because of that, I sent Memebox not quite nice mail...
Hi, please post if they respond. I'm curious too since I also ordered the same box. I'm sure that the lip gloss is good but I'm surprised they put it as a repeat item (from only a couple of boxes ago)!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but this girl is an idiot lol. I'm not sure how she is that clueless about memebox. These products were supposed to be sent to youtubers and bloggers to do comprehensive reviews on. I received slightly different items than she did, however I got items to give away as well as items to review separately. She must have known that memebox was sending her items because they required us bloggers/youtubers to contact them directly if we wanted things to do a giveaway with or to review. So she clearly contacted them about reviewing products. It's not like they just found her address and magically sent her stuff without her knowledge.

If she took 2 seconds to look up another youtubers review of memebox she would see that they Do in fact, offer description cards in the boxes, and that this is not at all what the regular memeboxes actually look like. This is the perfect example of a youtuber/blogger that doesn't do the work when it comes to reviewing products for companies. They just pull stuff out of a box and tell everyone what it is. I hate that so much.

(sorry about the rant, lol, but her "review" if you can call it that, really bothered me!
plain.gif
)

I agree with you. The Memebox Staff definitely did not choose the right person to represent their company and products this time around LOL. Makes me wonder how accurate her other videos are. 
blink.gif

Just got this e-mail regarding my superbox. Not thrilled.

"Hi, LauraLee 

Thanks for purchasing Superbox #1.

We prepared your package (Order number:13512_139240027469622), however we couldn't ship out your package. 

You have selected express shipping option however, we do not offer free express shipping at this moment. We would like to let you know before your package is shipped out that you can upgrade your package otherwise the package will be shipped through standard shipping.

To upgrade to express shipping, there will be an additional shipping charge of $25.6. If you would still like to ship your package through express shipping, please contact us at [email protected], with the subject line: [EXPRESS SHIPPING REQUEST FOR PURCHASE OVER $69.99] along with your ID, and order number.
Once we receive your email request, we will reply with a separate link for you to pay the additional charge for express shipping. 

We are going to hold your package for 3 more days, and if we don't receive a reply from you, we will proceed your package through standard shipping to avoid shipping delay. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Memebox Team"

When I bought all my boxes, I had the option of getting points on my account OR upgrading to free express. I chose the express.

Hopefully they credit me with the point I would have normally received by shipping standard or I will be really peeved.

Memebox, why can't you just stick with your plans? Gahhh. I just want my pretty Korean products :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Cola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone noticed if the points balance on their account is correct? I've just checked my balance and they deducted 33 points yesterday for no reason! I've just sent them an email and now waiting for a reply.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed with Memebox. They lack communication with their customers.
Yes, they do.

When I bought my superbox, I guess I accidently clicked express shipping and they didn't charge me for it.

The box was suppose to ship on the 18th, so when someone said they got shipping info for superbox, I emailed them to ask about it.

Today, the 23rd, they email me and ask me to pay the $25 for the express shipping or they'll ship it standard within 3 days. I sent them an email to ship it standard.

If I actually would have said, yeah, I want to ship it express and pay the $25, I don't think it would make a different and I would be out money, because it would take ages for them to respond. Plus, I'd still probably get the box in the SAME amount of time as if they just ship it standard because the customer support is sooooooooo slooooooooooooow, that by the time they actually shipped the box express, everyone else would already have their standard shipping boxes.

I'm just kinda ticked they didn't email on the day the box ship or before the box was suppose to ship. Or, you know, just shipped it standard to begin with instead of delaying my box...

Yes, they do. When I bought my superbox, I guess I accidently clicked express shipping and they didn't charge me for it. The box was suppose to ship on the 18th, so when someone said they got shipping info for superbox, I emailed them to ask about it. Today, the 23rd, they email me and ask me to pay the $25 for the express shipping or they'll ship it standard within 3 days. I sent them an email to ship it standard. If I actually would have said, yeah, I want to ship it express and pay the $25, I don't think it would make a different and I would be out money, because it would take ages for them to respond. Plus, I'd still probably get the box in the SAME amount of time as if they just ship it standard because the customer support is sooooooooo slooooooooooooow, that by the time they actually shipped the box express, everyone else would already have their standard shipping boxes. I'm just kinda ticked they didn't email on the day the box ship or before the box was suppose to ship. Or, you know, just shipped it standard to begin with instead of delaying my box...
I don't understand them. They made mistake (allowed you to check EMS without any charges) so they should send it by EMS for free...

Quote: Originally Posted by Malaperelka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't understand them. They made mistake (allowed you to check EMS without any charges) so they should send it by EMS for free...

I understand them not sending it EMS, but I can't understand them delaying the box. They should have just went ahead and sent it standard!

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I understand them not sending it EMS, but I can't understand them delaying the box. They should have just went ahead and sent it standard!
More than 2 weeks ago I asked them if the situation that there was no surcharge for EMS was actually intended. They answered me twice: 1. There will be only standard shipping, 2. They will ask me to pay for EMS. If I want I may pay.

The second answer suggests that they had plenty of time to ask instead of delaying boxes. Alternatively they could make the EMS option inactive.

Yes, they do. When I bought my superbox, I guess I accidently clicked express shipping and they didn't charge me for it. The box was suppose to ship on the 18th, so when someone said they got shipping info for superbox, I emailed them to ask about it. Today, the 23rd, they email me and ask me to pay the $25 for the express shipping or they'll ship it standard within 3 days. I sent them an email to ship it standard. If I actually would have said, yeah, I want to ship it express and pay the $25, I don't think it would make a different and I would be out money, because it would take ages for them to respond. Plus, I'd still probably get the box in the SAME amount of time as if they just ship it standard because the customer support is sooooooooo slooooooooooooow, that by the time they actually shipped the box express, everyone else would already have their standard shipping boxes. I'm just kinda ticked they didn't email on the day the box ship or before the box was suppose to ship. Or, you know, just shipped it standard to begin with instead of delaying my box...
I got the same exact email for both my superbox 1 and lucky box. I'm soooooo unhappy and upset. I completely agree with your sentiments. I wrote them quite a nice email saying that it was fine to ship standard. But the way in which the handled the situation was horrible. If you're not going to let people ship express for free why is that option present at checkout? I ordered 6 boxes with "express" shipping as they were all over $69 but now they're all going to be shipping standard instead? I wish I has known that earlier... Plus they Just changed it on their website to say "free standard shipping on orders over $69". It definitely didn't say that before...

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whitening products almost always mean that they are temporarily whitening; as in they have a brightening effect on the skin.  The paler skin, the better in Korea! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Tan skin= unhealthy for them! lol

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but this girl is an idiot lol. I'm not sure how she is that clueless about memebox. These products were supposed to be sent to youtubers and bloggers to do comprehensive reviews on. I received slightly different items than she did, however I got items to give away as well as items to review separately. She must have known that memebox was sending her items because they required us bloggers/youtubers to contact them directly if we wanted things to do a giveaway with or to review. So she clearly contacted them about reviewing products. It's not like they just found her address and magically sent her stuff without her knowledge.

If she took 2 seconds to look up another youtubers review of memebox she would see that they Do in fact, offer description cards in the boxes, and that this is not at all what the regular memeboxes actually look like. This is the perfect example of a youtuber/blogger that doesn't do the work when it comes to reviewing products for companies. They just pull stuff out of a box and tell everyone what it is. I hate that so much.

(sorry about the rant, lol, but her "review" if you can call it that, really bothered me!
plain.gif
)

"It's really well PRESENTATED"

UHM WHAT?  I cannot with this girl.  SO EFFING DUMB. This enraged me.  I have no patience for imbeciles.  She DOES NOT deserve any of these products that she PRESENTATED to us. I am probably pissed enough for me and this entire forum. 
icon_evil.gif
mad.gif

"It's really well PRESENTATED" UHM WHAT?  I cannot with this girl.  SO EFFING DUMB. This enraged me.  I have no patience for imbeciles.  She DOES NOT deserve any of these products that she PRESENTATED to us. I am probably pissed enough for me and this entire forum. :icon_evil :mad:
Lol, I turned off the video and turned straight back off. Tbh I found these boxes due to YouTube videos and watch a lot of rubbish on there but couldn't sit through this video.

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Darn, now I'm really disappointed too
icon_confused.gif
Couldn't they send the ampoule instead of this lipgloss to all of us? Or to those who had bought Box 5? Anyway, I see no sense in that, like: is getting the same lipgloss the second time such a great deal that only when it was gone, did they decide to give sth else to those who didn't manage to buy the first version? I mean I thought the first version was the one they prepared more carefully and when it's gonna you may have to face the fact that the second one will include a replacing item so it could be sth not that good. But here it's the other way round!

LOL seriously, did it come in box 4? I don't even remember, I'm still working on box 2 & 3 products.  Also, I have that Loreal lip gloss to deal with, but I heard people liked it.  I'm just bitter I didn't get the expensive serum and got a LIPGLOSS that I just got. So I got the laughable boxes, 5-2 for the Loreal and 6 for the Laneige repeat but c'est la vie, hoping to get twice as lucky in my lucky boxes! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"It's really well PRESENTATED"

UHM WHAT?  I cannot with this girl.  SO EFFING DUMB. This enraged me.  I have no patience for imbeciles.  She DOES NOT deserve any of these products that she PRESENTATED to us. I am probably pissed enough for me and this entire forum. 
icon_evil.gif
mad.gif

LOL I agree so much with this!

I couldn't even get through the whole video. Shut it off after 'presentated.' 

She says 'It's all in Korean' like fifty times, as if that's shocking. They're Korean products. Of course the labels are going to be in Korean.
plain.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, I turned off the video and turned straight back off. Tbh I found these boxes due to YouTube videos and watch a lot of rubbish on there but couldn't sit through this video.

laughno.gif
 LOL! We watch a lot of rubbish on the internet, but this is something else. I'm at loss for words. I might come across as a troll for leaving a comment, but I don't want other girls to think that this is what a Memebox is and get disappointed/confused when the receive a "real" Memebox. 

Latest posts

Back