Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can't remember, did that one have the free expedited shipping or not? Either way, I kind of can't believe that it is still available on the site! You might get your box before it sells out!
No, it's standard shipping so it will take a while to get here. Can't wait! 

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  maybe it'll smell differently on??

Maybe! Although I'm doubting it...

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Won't lie, my initial reaction was that it smelled like an armpit :/

Still excited about trying the items in this box out! Though I am a bit disappointed with the foils, especially now that I have them in my hands. And I'm not too crazy about the Espoir color I got. But overall I'm still liking these boxes!

Did anyone else thing that the Lipozene smelled awful? When I took it out of the box, I was hit with that smell (even unopened) and I'm not sure if I'll be able to wear it for long without washing it off. Also, are those exercise suggestions on the back of the packaging? Ha!

I'm the total opposite! I found the Lipozene smell to be...well really good. Haha I kept sniffing it!

I recently sent memebox a note letting them know how much I loved their boxes (thought it would be nice in between all the suggestions and complaints) and I thought it'd be cool to share their take on the non-korean products issue!

"Aww ashley.

You are so sweet. 
Yes, we have been getting lots of complaints about box #5-2, and we did not expected this situation, since Koreans loved the loreal lip tint, when we put this product in our August box in 2013. 

Thank you so much again :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Be beautiful with Memebox! "

How is their CS able to sound so personal and professional at the same time? haha.

Did you get your tracking number for box 6, anybody? I'm not getting mine as I bought boxes 5-2 and 6 together and they wrote they have trouble separating order tickets so my tracking got "used up" on 5-2 box. And now I just have to wait for box 6 without any possibilty to track it so I'm just curious if they've sent them yet.

Did you get your tracking number for box 6, anybody? I'm not getting mine as I bought boxes 5-2 and 6 together and they wrote they have trouble separating order tickets so my tracking got "used up" on 5-2 box. And now I just have to wait for box 6 without any possibilty to track it so I'm just curious if they've sent them yet.
Nope, no tracking for my six that was supposed to go express.

No shipping for box 6 and looking back I never received the shipping for box 5 till late afternoon in the uk so should receive email by tomorrow. As it was a day later last times

No shipping for box 6 and looking back I never received the shipping for box 5 till late afternoon in the uk so should receive email by tomorrow. As it was a day later last times
My shipping notification for 5 2 was six am but it was different day.

Hey ladies! Just wanted to let you know I just got an email from Memebox & they're going to be releasing Memebox #9 tomorrow 
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, thank you ladies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be waiting for any news on our boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wink.gif

Oh gosh, and I hoped they'll wait some. Need to spend my hard earned money again then

I AM TAKING EVERYTHING BACK THAT I SAID !! That L'oreal lip thingy is amazing, it's not shiny quite matt and moisturizes your lips and we all know that matt tints do the oposite!!! I would have never bought it without memebox. Also the Licorice smelling thing if you wait for aprox  15 minutes:) and try not to smell it it changes to a nice sort of earth/dirt smell(it's hard to explain) but I actually like it, but you have to make it through first 15 minutes ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did anyone get a tracking number for box #6 yet?
 No :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but usually by the time I get the tracking number - my package is already on a flight to JFK...haha

Quote: Originally Posted by ashgley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I recently sent memebox a note letting them know how much I loved their boxes (thought it would be nice in between all the suggestions and complaints) and I thought it'd be cool to share their take on the non-korean products issue!

"Aww ashley.

You are so sweet. 
Yes, we have been getting lots of complaints about box #5-2, and we did not expected this situation, since Koreans loved the loreal lip tint, when we put this product in our August box in 2013. 

Thank you so much again :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Be beautiful with Memebox! "

How is their CS able to sound so personal and professional at the same time? haha.

That is so sweet !   thats too bad they are innocent on the reputation that Loreal has in USA. They were big on animal testing and I see their stuff as upper end Walmart. I think Walmart and Animal testing when I see that label  .
frown.gif

I think we are all (those of us in the US) quite used to the way that US companies treat us, sometimes. When we saw that they would start to include items not solely based in Korea, everyone started jumping down their throats and starting petitions and all kinds of insanity, over a lip gloss that everyone seemed to really like, and as they said, is genuinely popular with Koreans. I think they were trying to give us an experience to what Korean women use, rather than just sending out random products SIMPLY for the fact that they're Korean-made.

I am open to what memebox sends us. I have had quite a bit of communication with the company since they launched and I truly and genuinely believe they are trying to please their new US customers and are trying to release boxes so that everyone can get one/the ones they want. I think the jewelry and the other things they keep coming out with are really just testing the market to see what sells well and what does in the US and the global market in general.

On that note, I'm going back to my snail cream...I think I'm brave enough to try it today, lol. I put it on my left hand last night, and I'm not sure if I'm imagining it after only one day, but my left hand feels so much smoother than the right, and just visibly looks healthier. Could be my imagination, but I guess we'll see!

Memebox sent me some cocoon peeling silk balls which I DESPERATELY want to try, but they were very specific that I was to put them into my blog giveaway, which I did, but I REALLY want to know what they're like!! Has anyone tried them? Do they just feel like you're wiping wet cotton on your face? LOL.. man Korean stuff is so weird/awesome sometimes.

I think we are all (those of us in the US) quite used to the way that US companies treat us, sometimes. When we saw that they would start to include items not solely based in Korea, everyone started jumping down their throats and starting petitions and all kinds of insanity, over a lip gloss that everyone seemed to really like, and as they said, is genuinely popular with Koreans. I think they were trying to give us an experience to what Korean women use, rather than just sending out random products SIMPLY for the fact that they're Korean-made. I am open to what memebox sends us. I have had quite a bit of communication with the company since they launched and I truly and genuinely believe they are trying to please their new US customers and are trying to release boxes so that everyone can get one/the ones they want. I think the jewelry and the other things they keep coming out with are really just testing the market to see what sells well and what does in the US and the global market in general. On that note, I'm going back to my snail cream...I think I'm brave enough to try it today, lol. I put it on my left hand last night, and I'm not sure if I'm imagining it after only one day, but my left hand feels so much smoother than the right, and just visibly looks healthier. Could be my imagination, but I guess we'll see! Memebox sent me some cocoon peeling silk balls which I DESPERATELY want to try, but they were very specific that I was to put them into my blog giveaway, which I did, but I REALLY want to know what they're like!! Has anyone tried them? Do they just feel like you're wiping wet cotton on your face? LOL.. man Korean stuff is so weird/awesome sometimes.
To be honest as long as the values of the boxes stay high I will carry on buying. Most uk boxes seem worse than even American ones at the moment so I am glad these boxes give me products I will use and look great quality. I am open to whatever they send too and the best thing, in my opinion, to do if you hate any boxes, including this one, is to vote with your feet. When enough people do that the company tends to listen or they go bust.

I've got such a backlog of products now, but no complaints here. I just tried the Loreal lippy and it was a good slightly pink tint on me, no tackiness, but didn't have much staying power.   I did 2, 3 (when they restocked) then 4, 5.2, 6, 7, 8, and the makeup super box.  I'll have more moisturizer than I can ever use, but it's fun to try and see what works.  

I think we are all (those of us in the US) quite used to the way that US companies treat us, sometimes. When we saw that they would start to include items not solely based in Korea, everyone started jumping down their throats and starting petitions and all kinds of insanity, over a lip gloss that everyone seemed to really like, and as they said, is genuinely popular with Koreans. I think they were trying to give us an experience to what Korean women use, rather than just sending out random products SIMPLY for the fact that they're Korean-made. I am open to what memebox sends us. I have had quite a bit of communication with the company since they launched and I truly and genuinely believe they are trying to please their new US customers and are trying to release boxes so that everyone can get one/the ones they want. I think the jewelry and the other things they keep coming out with are really just testing the market to see what sells well and what does in the US and the global market in general. On that note, I'm going back to my snail cream...I think I'm brave enough to try it today, lol. I put it on my left hand last night, and I'm not sure if I'm imagining it after only one day, but my left hand feels so much smoother than the right, and just visibly looks healthier. Could be my imagination, but I guess we'll see! Memebox sent me some cocoon peeling silk balls which I DESPERATELY want to try, but they were very specific that I was to put them into my blog giveaway, which I did, but I REALLY want to know what they're like!! Has anyone tried them? Do they just feel like you're wiping wet cotton on your face? LOL.. man Korean stuff is so weird/awesome sometimes.
To be honest as long as the values of the boxes stay high I will carry on buying. Most uk boxes seem worse than even American ones at the moment so I am glad these boxes give me products I will use and look great quality. I am open to whatever they send too and the best thing, in my opinion, to do if you hate any boxes, including this one, is to vote with your feet. When enough people do that the company tends to listen or they go bust.
Rachel, I ordered a bunch of the silk balls and will let you know how the work when I get them! If they send the,??? LOL. I PM you. Nancy

Latest posts

Back