Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by v0ltagekid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did anyone get a response from Memebox regarding the L'oreal product included ?" 

I didn't send them a message, but was curious to see what they are saying in response to Western products included in our boxes.

If this is a recurrent thing, I will stop ordering :/ 
The rest of the box (seven items)  was all Korean, the Loreal item was only one item

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The rest of the box (seven items)  was all Korean, the Loreal item was only one item
Yea I know, I said "the L'oreal product included", just one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aga Atarii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  yay got my 5.2 box but the aromatherapy smell is terrible :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> licorice oh well the rest will be tested soon!
oh no, licorice gives me headaches :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />!

Thanks for letting me know, I'll give that away :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box isn't here yet, my mom missed the mailman yesterday. I'll go retrieve it from the post office later.

Quote: Originally Posted by v0ltagekid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  oh no, licorice gives me headaches :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />!

Thanks for letting me know, I'll give that away :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box isn't here yet, my mom missed the mailman yesterday. I'll go retrieve it from the post office later.
I wonder if someone actually likes it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hate that smell well one thing is going to someone for sure ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder if someone actually likes it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hate that smell well one thing is going to someone for sure ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lots of people like it, it's close to the smell of walnuts I think. It's in tons of face scrubs. I know there's one at Sephora, Ole Henriksen, smells like that. The white glamglow smells like it too.. I think it's nasty, but then again I'm allergic to most fragrance notes, but tons of people love it lol!

I absolutely hate the smell of licorice, but I love the smell of patchouli. since both of the scents are in this oil, I have really conflicting feelings on it. Granted it's not really supposed to be used as a "perfume" but as aromatherapy. On the package it says it's a synergistic blend of oils to amplify your concentration during your yoga routine. As much as I dislike licorice, maybe there's something to this oil, because it's actually fennel that is causing the oil to smell like licorice. I've been reading up on the benefits of using fennel in aromatherapy and it seems that it really does suppress appetite (probably because it smells awful lol) so I'm interested to see it's other benefits etc. I'm willing to smell like a licorice-eating-hippie while I do yoga, and then rinse off the oil in the shower. Curious to see if it does anything noticeable. I do appreciate memebox adding something so interesting into the box, though!

I absolutely hate the smell of licorice, but I love the smell of patchouli. since both of the scents are in this oil, I have really conflicting feelings on it. Granted it's not really supposed to be used as a "perfume" but as aromatherapy. On the package it says it's a synergistic blend of oils to amplify your concentration during your yoga routine. As much as I dislike licorice, maybe there's something to this oil, because it's actually fennel that is causing the oil to smell like licorice. I've been reading up on the benefits of using fennel in aromatherapy and it seems that it really does suppress appetite (probably because it smells awful lol) so I'm interested to see it's other benefits etc. I'm willing to smell like a licorice-eating-hippie while I do yoga, and then rinse off the oil in the shower. Curious to see if it does anything noticeable. I do appreciate memebox adding something so interesting into the box, though!
I kind of like the smell. Now fennel and licorice are not my fav. . . And I am not a patchouli fan either. . .i kind of like the combination and it doesn't in the least turn me off! And Lord knows I need an appetite suppressant at this time!! So I am willing to give it a try and take the dive into Memeboxes idea of aromatherapy!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really like it. Not keen on patchouli normally but love aniseed and liquorice.
i like it too.its the aniseed  that makes me like it

Quote: Originally Posted by Miss17February /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I kept sniffing mine trying to convince myself it wasn't that bad but dang that licorice scent was coming off pretty strong. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
maybe it'll smell differently on??

Quote: Originally Posted by sharksoul24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box! Time to see how bad the roll on smells lol
Won't lie, my initial reaction was that it smelled like an armpit :/

Still excited about trying the items in this box out! Though I am a bit disappointed with the foils, especially now that I have them in my hands. And I'm not too crazy about the Espoir color I got. But overall I'm still liking these boxes!

Did anyone else thing that the Lipozene smelled awful? When I took it out of the box, I was hit with that smell (even unopened) and I'm not sure if I'll be able to wear it for long without washing it off. Also, are those exercise suggestions on the back of the packaging? Ha!

The roll on kind of reminds me of Lolita Lempicka. No? lol  

Superbox #1 is on its way see how long it takes to get to me. 

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I agree, I definitely agree that they are awesome for including something so interesting. I mean, as it is Korean stuff is interesting, but the aromatherapy is really cool. I just wish I wasn't allergic to it, but my mom stole it anyway, she was like OMG GIMMEEE and BAM haahha. So someone is happy~ :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Nora F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The roll on kind of reminds me of Lolita Lempicka. No? lol  

Superbox #1 is on its way see how long it takes to get to me. 
I can't remember, did that one have the free expedited shipping or not? Either way, I kind of can't believe that it is still available on the site! You might get your box before it sells out!

Latest posts

Back