Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also dislike the Korean Jewelry they have placed on their site!! It looks like macrame knots I can do in a few minutes with a few pieces of crystals tied in or glued? : ) I really don't want to insult, but to put one style of "jewelry" doesn't thrill me at all! It really looks way, way overpriced, something I would make at Girl Scout camp ( sorry ) learning how to tie knots! I sincerely hope they don't put in our boxes. I don't think they will unless it is an extra as the boxes proposed to us were skincare and makeup Korean. I don't know. What do you all think?

Quote: Originally Posted by msambrosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  A bit OT, but I finished the Holika Holika cream from box 2 today. 
icon_cry.gif
 I'm looking to repurchase, but the Memebox site doesn't have it. Where's the best place to buy Korean beauty products online (to be shipped to the US)?
I buy from W2Beauty. Alice who runs it is very nice, gives plenty of samples once she gets what you're into. If it's not on the site, I'd email her and she could pick it up for you. Free shipping though a couple bucks gets you express shipping/tracking. I've never had an issue with customs. I like Alice. She's big on CS and hand writes a note with each other.

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also dislike the Korean Jewelry they have placed on their site!! It looks like macrame knots I can do in a few minutes with a few pieces of crystals tied in or glued? : ) I really don't want to insult, but to put one style of "jewelry" doesn't thrill me at all! It really looks way, way overpriced, something I would make at Girl Scout camp ( sorry ) learning how to tie knots! I sincerely hope they don't put in our boxes. I don't think they will unless it is an extra as the boxes proposed to us were skincare and makeup Korean. I don't know. What do you all think?
I agree! I am really really understated when it comes to jewelry, so the items they have on their site are not up my alley.  I am thinking that they would not put this in the memeboxes unless it was an "extra" - it is just so far off the whole "skin care/make up" selling point (who knows thought, right???)

Honestly I really hope not as none of the jewerly appeal to me and im not much for a jewerly person. I hope they just focus on skincare/makeup (especially focus on korean only) in the box and have a separate box for jewerly for those that wants/prefer it.

Someone mentioned this but ebay's "rubyrubyshop" is a great, safe, and trustworthy ebay store to buy from. Also I like prettyandcute.com :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Uh, I'm waiting 6th day for an answer to my email about refund of 4th box (£19.85 customs - no way I'm paying that!) that will be returned to them. I wonder when I'll finally get an email from them :/

I wish we could be memebox ambassadors for the US. Like we would be good at it because we like the products AND we'll know about their ever changing policies & procedures. I'll take memeboxes as a form of payment :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> also, I don't mind getting back to the email tickets that have accumulated over the weekend! Lol!

I think they're trying to adopt to our comments - I don't know if you've noticed but that's what we can find in the new descriptions of the coming boxes:

- Box 6 - "MEMEBOX #6 includes only Korean beauty products".

- Box 6-2 - "MEMEBOX #6-2 includes only Korean beauty products".  

- Box 7 - "Most of products are Korean products and is carefully chosen from most loved products among Koreans".

- Box 8 - "The Best Beauty Wonders from Korea".

So it seems there can be some non-Korean stuff in Box 7, but hopefully not in others. Guess we should keep bombarding them with emails and petitions as they seem to realise they've made a mistake.

Also, it may be good to let them how we feel about the jewellery, although I don't really think they're going to put it in regular boxes.

BTW their fb profile is not on anymore - curious...

Superboxes are also described as "containting full size products from Korea". I'm sure it's a new wording as I was specially looking at the descriptions yesterday and it wasn't there.

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think they're trying to adopt to our comments - I don't know if you've noticed but that's what we can find in the new descriptions of the coming boxes:

- Box 7 - "Most of products are Korean products and is carefully chosen from most loved products among Koreans".

So it seems there can be some non-Korean stuff in Box 7, but hopefully not in others. Guess we should keep bombarding them with emails and petitions as they seem to realise they've made a mistake.

Also, it may be good to let them how we feel about the jewellery, although I don't really think they're going to put it in regular boxes.

argh of course the one I ordered has the careful wording. Has anyone successfully completed a refund here yet?

I think they're trying to adopt to our comments - I don't know if you've noticed but that's what we can find in the new descriptions of the coming boxes: - Box 6 - "MEMEBOX #6 includes only Korean beauty products". - Box 6-2 - "MEMEBOX #6-2 includes only Korean beauty products".   - Box 7 - "Most of products are Korean products and is carefully chosen from most loved products among Koreans". - Box 8 - "The Best Beauty Wonders from Korea". So it seems there can be some non-Korean stuff in Box 7, but hopefully not in others. Guess we should keep bombarding them with emails and petitions as they seem to realise they've made a mistake. Also, it may be good to let them how we feel about the jewellery, although I don't really think they're going to put it in regular boxes. BTW their fb profile is not on anymore - curious...
We should do print screens in case of any other changes in future;).

Memebox has contacted myself and the other youtubers/bloggers that are partnered with them with a lot of updated information. Here's some excerpts from the e-mail they sent. I hope it clears up some confusion for some of you! I also bolded some stuff that might be of interested to the majority.

Email Excerpt:

There might be a delay in replying to your email. We are having so high volume of email from customers and many bloggers and youtubers, and response takes longer than expected. We are keep working on improvements to get back to you as soon as possible.

We launched Superbox to offer more various selection of beauty boxes. We noticed some of our customers love to have many items, but there are also customers who want to have full size products and have enough volume to fully experience the products. So we launched Superbox that only includes full size products. This is the first-of-its-kind beauty box with only full size products. By launching Superbox, we also launched Makeup edition box, Superbox #2, which many of customers requested.http://us.memebox.com/Product/Detail/view/pid/3587/cid/90Superbox will include more than 4 full size products, and have at least double its retail value. For Superbox #1, shipping is free and Superbox #2 a charge of $6.99 fixed shipping for each box.We are continually working on having better and better quality boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />If you have any feedback on any of boxes, please let us know anytime. We will continue to have Korean beauty brands at this moment. We included first non-Korean beauty brands in Memebox #5. Although we carefully chose the products that are loved by Korean beauty experts, some of our customers were unhappy about having non-Korean beauty products. We decided to have only Korean beauty brands for the boxes we already sold. Even though we would love to expand into wider range of beauty brands in the future, we will let you know when we make an expansion.   **** While most of the e-mail was just more information for bloggers/youtubers about our reviews and stuff, I thought that it was important to let you guys know that they have made it clear that they will only include Korean brands for the boxes that have already been sold. I think it's wonderful that they listened to everyone who were upset or concerned about that. Also, take note that they did say that they would like to expand to a wider range of brands in the future, which means any Memebox past #10 will most likely have non-korean-exclusive brands. Take that information how you will, but I thought it would help!   <3

@MissJexie, thanks a lot, it's very helpful of you!

I'm glad to know that they listened to our complaints and I appreciate they're going to inform us when they decide to include more non-Korean products in future boxes.

Received my memebox #5 today! Here is a spoiler for those who are interested - 

I didn't recieve the L'oreal, but instead got the eSpoir Lip gloss. More detailed close-up of each individual products in my blog :3 

Received my memebox #5 today! Here is a spoiler for those who are interested -  I didn't recieve the L'oreal, but instead got the eSpoir Lip gloss. More detailed close-up of each individual products in my blog :3   
LL
Thanks for the spoiler! I have to wait a couple of days for mine :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I believe it's the box #5-2 that got the L'oreal gloss. I can't wait for box #6. It should ship out this week!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine was loaded on a parcel force van for delivery this morning... Hope I get it today. Uk takes ages.
sorry been busy working and just catching up with the threads,jewellery really, oh dear.

anyway mine got through customs in uk and also out for delivery, so maybe it has escaped customs charge for box 5. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So it seems there can be some non-Korean stuff in Box 7, but hopefully not in others. Guess we should keep bombarding them with emails and petitions as they seem to realise they've made a mistake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Memebox has contacted myself and the other youtubers/bloggers that are partnered with them with a lot of updated information. Here's some excerpts from the e-mail they sent. I hope it clears up some confusion for some of you! I also bolded some stuff that might be of interested to the majority.

Email Excerpt:

There might be a delay in replying to your email. We are having so high volume of email from customers and many bloggers and youtubers, and response takes longer than expected. We are keep working on improvements to get back to you as soon as possible.

We launched Superbox to offer more various selection of beauty boxes. We noticed some of our customers love to have many items, but there are also customers who want to have full size products and have enough volume to fully experience the products. So we launched Superbox that only includes full size products. This is the first-of-its-kind beauty box with only full size products. By launching Superbox, we also launched Makeup edition box, Superbox #2, which many of customers requested.http://us.memebox.com/Product/Detail/view/pid/3587/cid/90Superbox will include more than 4 full size products, and have at least double its retail value. For Superbox #1, shipping is free and Superbox #2 a charge of $6.99 fixed shipping for each box.We are continually working on having better and better quality boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />If you have any feedback on any of boxes, please let us know anytime. We will continue to have Korean beauty brands at this moment. We included first non-Korean beauty brands in Memebox #5. Although we carefully chose the products that are loved by Korean beauty experts, some of our customers were unhappy about having non-Korean beauty products. We decided to have only Korean beauty brands for the boxes we already sold. Even though we would love to expand into wider range of beauty brands in the future, we will let you know when we make an expansion.   **** While most of the e-mail was just more information for bloggers/youtubers about our reviews and stuff, I thought that it was important to let you guys know that they have made it clear that they will only include Korean brands for the boxes that have already been sold. I think it's wonderful that they listened to everyone who were upset or concerned about that. Also, take note that they did say that they would like to expand to a wider range of brands in the future, which means any Memebox past #10 will most likely have non-korean-exclusive brands. Take that information how you will, but I thought it would help!   <3

Hmm since I delayed, the first box I bought was #7 that seems to be the first using the "most loved among Koreans" language. It opens the door for non-Korean brands available in Korea. Box #8 seems a little vague too: "beauty wonders from Korea" as opposed to only Korean products. Sigh, is it March yet? The waiting is painful and have no idea what to even expect in my Box #7. I guess the Lucky Box since it's a greatest hits box then there isn't such an issue, I hope.

Fingers crossed!

sorry been busy working and just catching up with the threads,jewellery really, oh dear. anyway mine got through customs in uk and also out for delivery, so maybe it has escaped customs charge for box 5. 
I assume we have both dodged charges tbh

Latest posts

Back