Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeeOmega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't receive this box, though I've been following this thread out of interest to see what products you all receive. I wanted to weigh in on the perception of Western vs. Korean products. While I never made it over to Korea, I did live in Japan for a number of years. One of the things that surprises many foreigners when there is the fact that many of the brands they are familiar with from back home are out on the regular shelves at supermarkets and convenience stores. These same brands may be just as common there and I would bet a whole box of melon pan (oh how miss those) that most of my students and co-workers would consider these brands as definitely Japanese and not at all Western. For example, Biore was everywhere. You could a full range of Biore products that gave every impression of being very Japanese. In fact, Biore is owned by the Kao Group (Japanese conglomerate) that owns Ban, KMS, Guhl, John Frieda, and Curel. Kanebo Cosmetics, an old Japanese cosmetics line, is also a part of the Kao Group. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's hard to say that something should be considered a Western drugstore brand, when in Asia it may very well be considered an Asian brand. 
Thank you for your POV. It is a really helpful perspective. And quite true.

Technically L'oreal is French and I certainly wouldn't complain if other French brands were included at some point.

But the gloss they are sending is US drugstore quality.

I think they should apply some kind of filter over the products they send. (especially if they aren't Korean)

Also, the big issue is that they promise Korean brands in the box.

So that is my biggest complaint.

Zee Omega, ok, but we ordered Memebox because we wanted to try stricte Korean brands, not global like L'Oreal, Nivea or Physiogel...I can buy these global products in every drugstore in Poland. Memebox changed rules, words on their site. That's not fair!

Quote: Originally Posted by Malaperelka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Zee Omega, ok, but we ordered Memebox because we wanted to try stricte Korean brands, not global like L'Oreal, Nivea or Physiogel...I can buy these global products in every drugstore in Poland.
Memebox changed rules, words on their site. That's not fair!
Exactly!

I paid for Korean brands. I bought a box with cosmetics Korean brands. Changing this - after the pre-orders is not fair.

I'd be ok with the global brands IF it was a product not available here...I do go to speciality stores to get German Nivea products
Yup. Loreal especially does region specific releases. It would be pretty cool to get something that they have only released in Asia.

yes, this- *if* it's not easily available here (& most of the box was still korean/asian brands), I'd be fine with it. I've def bought L'oreal glosses that were European only before when traveling in England for example.

I'm still waiting for my boxes- 5.2, 7, & the luckybox.  5.2 was just shipped- Im so impatient!  I want it here NOW! ha!  I'm still debating on the makeup superbox, I'm really tempted but on the other hand- I want makeup to be like eyeliners, lipstick, etc...  if it was all BB/CC creams... hrmmmm  :/  I'm really fair & cool toned, so there'd be a good chance most wouldn't work for my skin tone....

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenJane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd be ok with the global brands IF it was a product not available here...I do go to speciality stores to get German Nivea products

Quote: Originally Posted by ellesnails /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup. Loreal especially does region specific releases. It would be pretty cool to get something that they have only released in Asia.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aga Atarii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Erm there is a jewellry page on meme now ... confused.. http://us.memebox.com/Product/Category/list/cid/89
Now normally I'm the kind of person that likes pretty much everything but there is some very expensive ugly jewelry on there! So many changes so fast!! I'm just going to sit back and watch and wait for my lucky box. 

Quote: Originally Posted by zentea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Now normally I'm the kind of person that likes pretty much everything but there is some very expensive ugly jewelry on there! So many changes so fast!! I'm just going to sit back and watch and wait for my lucky box. 
I don't like this jewelry too...

Quote: Originally Posted by zentea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sorry to say these look like DIY that you can make for max 10$ :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />( and Honestly I can reproduce every single one of them right now at home soo not good to me either...nevertheless they are def not my style ... I have seen clothes on the Korean memebox site , I think they added it recently too.

Not really interested in jewelry or clothes but I won't be surprised if others are. I just hope this won't affect the quality of their memeboxes!! The loreal lip gloss is a pretty shade but it's way too similar to riri woo so I don't think that I'll be needing this. I don't mind special region release of western brands but if I can get it at Walmart or target and get it for cheaper with a coupon, I'd say that's a loss for me. I get that it's a GLOBAL box but I'm in it mostly, if not fully' for the Korean products that's not accessible to me

I have yet to recieve my box #5 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Guessing from everyone post, its going to be a hit or miss depending on personal preference. I hope my box #8 wont be so bad.

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I doubt that they're gonna send us jewelry, keep it lol
muahahaha that's not what I meant I just realised I ordered 4 boxes blindly !! ANd since they are changing their site and rules so often by box seven I will get Nivea and Maybelline :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Btw and off topic I love the ne Nivea shower balm for a lazy person as I am it's just perfect..but still I don't want it in my memebox :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A bit OT, but I finished the Holika Holika cream from box 2 today. 
icon_cry.gif
 I'm looking to repurchase, but the Memebox site doesn't have it. Where's the best place to buy Korean beauty products online (to be shipped to the US)?

muahahaha that's not what I meant I just realised I ordered 4 boxes blindly !! ANd since they are changing their site and rules so often by box seven I will get Nivea and Maybelline :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Btw and off topic I love the ne Nivea shower balm for a lazy person as I am it's just perfect..but still I don't want it in my memebox :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lol! Imagine we get maybelline/Nivea in the future boxes! What's the shower balm?
A bit OT, but I finished the Holika Holika cream from box 2 today. :icon_cry:  I'm looking to repurchase, but the Memebox site doesn't have it. Where's the best place to buy Korean beauty products online (to be shipped to the US)?
I used yesstyle to buy skin79 bb cream, don't know if it's the best but shipping was free for orders > $25

A bit OT, but I finished the Holika Holika cream from box 2 today. :icon_cry:  I'm looking to repurchase, but the Memebox site doesn't have it. Where's the best place to buy Korean beauty products online (to be shipped to the US)?
I like sasa.com or rubyrubyshop on ebay or the independent site.

I ordered all the full number boxes, lucky box and the 2 super boxes. I am just going to sit back and except what they send. I have written them and told them how I feel about including non Korean products (I don't want) in the box and really that's all I can do. The products are all paid for and what ever I get I will either use, gift or trade. I am on a discovery mindset and want to try new products and I hope what ever they send me will at least give me an idea of what will work on me. I am looking back on what I just wrote and realize that I feel like I'm setting myself up to be a science experiment??? LOL. Hopefully a good one, with good results! And without too many products that are not Korean! I am not quite sure what Memebox is up too???? I question them changing the rules mid-way??? The only way I can counter is by letting them know, if they don't do what they originally stated they were going to do (send us Korean products), I don't have to purchase any more. I have products coming all the way to April! beyond that it depends on what Memebox does!!!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol! Imagine we get maybelline/Nivea in the future boxes! What's the shower balm?
I used yesstyle to buy skin79 bb cream, don't know if it's the best but shipping was free for orders > $25

Quote: Originally Posted by kotoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like sasa.com or rubyrubyshop on ebay or the independent site.

Thanks. I'll give those places a look. I tried the Holika Holika site, but shipping was $20. Yikes!

Latest posts

Back