Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested in this box, but am just watching for now due to budget....

But would like to add that even in North America a lot of cosmetics are made in China, Korea, Japan and other places.

I have some Smashbox items bought from Smashbox and Shoppers Drugmart (canadian expensive drugstore chain, they sell Clinique, Dior,Lancome..).
-and the Smashbox blushes I bought were made in China,

-same for my BLUSH SOFTLIGHTS DUO in CASTING/FILMMAKER that I got from Smashbox.com (not recently). It says "Made in China" on the sticker on the back.

I also almost bought Bouncy Blush by Maybeline and that is made in Korea when I looked a few days ago.

I've also seen some cosmetics from China labeled as "made in PROC", "made in hongkong, "made in ROC".

So, I find thesedays you have to either ask or read the labels on everything.

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think I'm in the minority here. I don't mind if they have a random product that is popular in Korea but by an American company. Especially after I tried it! It was just like the Yves St Laurent. I'm kinda a makeup snob and won't buy drugstore brands. I think it might have changed after this because WOW, this gloss is gorgeous and the perfect color. I want to wear it all day everyday. XD I love it!!! It doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything, either. This gloss is awesome and 1/3 the price of Yves St Laurent >__< I appreciate Memebox introducing me to it! Such a gorgeous, subtle red <3
Hi,

you might try and do some Internet research into what companies make the high end products. For many of them they are owned by L'Oreal, Proctor-Gamble, Johnson Johnson.....

So some of the same drugstore brands are also making the high end products.

Now that I know that, I buy products everywhere.....well ok, no "dollarama" stuff for me, lol....

Physicians formula is pretty good- a lot of eyeshadows and blushes are made in Italy.

Maybeline I've had some made in germany, france, korea and US products...

I also buy some Dior,MAC and other dept store brands...

-------------

Now your comment made me go look up who owns YSL beauty...and OMG...it is L'OREAL!!

http://www.loreal.com/brands/brands-homepage.aspx

Ummm, what they also own URBAN DECAY?? news to me....

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How does the aromatherapy oil smell?

I find it hilarious that it is called "Tasteless"!!!!!
It smells like black licorice and patchouli oil to me. 

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a really weird scent! LOL Love patchouli but on it's own it's way too strong, and ick black licorice :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That sounds like an intense combo.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's a really weird scent! LOL Love patchouli but on it's own it's way too strong, and ick black licorice :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I wonder it it really works? I have a feeling it might.

It's for relaxation?

Well I don't know about the US but Physiogel is available  in every drugstore around Poland and so is L'oreal I mean I can get this in Glossybox. I know these are just 2 products but honestly I wanted the box for Korean brands ONLY. As I can't get them here or they are super expensive. I wouldn't buy a box that has to fly half way across the universe to get here for stuff I can get in Glossy or just simply down the street. That is just missing the point a bit..I think. 

That sounds like an intense combo. I wonder it it really works? I have a feeling it might. It's for relaxation?
That sounds nauseating :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> maybe it'll help you relax by making you pass out? Lol I was on a boat earlier this week & one of the girls on the boat said applying ginger oil on your stomach will make sea sickness go away. I was doing well until she applied it to herself. I went from half awake enjoying to dizzy, barfy & sleepy really quick :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />Update: it will definitely help me pass out. Ay caramba! I don't enjoy yoga anyway! Trading this if anyone wants it

I saw someone started a petition to tell the company to keep true to their "only Korean" products motto...

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is my video of 5.2. A mod can tell me to delete if if we aren't allowed to post our videos here. 

Thank you for sharing that! I got 5 and probably would have preferred 5.2!!!!
Anyone else notice that one of the items had an expiration date of 2013?

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's actually the date that the item was made, not the expiration. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's actually the date that the item was made, not the expiration. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ahh. Weird. But then again, didn't the All Belle lashes Ipsy sent out also have a manufacture date rather than an expiration?

Thanks, nancy! Mine says send complete :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't know if it's because I ordered 5-2 & 6 in the same order.. I got 2 5-2 boxes! I'm scared I won't receive 6
I got box 5 and I'm suppose to get box 6. Why won't you get 6? Did they think you order 2 5.2 boxes?

Ahh. Weird. But then again, didn't the All Belle lashes Ipsy sent out also have a manufacture date rather than an expiration?

Most likely! A lot of Korean brands put the manufacture date rather than the expiration date. I think someone mentioned it earlier in this thread about the Lanoa soap as well. Someone posted a link about Korean manufacturer date info and such but I can't find it atm

I got box 5 and I'm suppose to get box 6. Why won't you get 6? Did they think you order 2 5.2 boxes?
I ordered 5-2 & 6 in the same order, I hope they didnt confuse that as me ordering 2 5-2 boxes.. I checked my order status on the site and it early states 1 5-2 & 1 6 lol.. I even got emails for shipping changes for both, saying they shipped earlier

Has anyone else been using the "Vampire Face" BB Cream from 4? I just can't get it to work for me. I don't like the way it makes my skin look. Even with primer it just seems to seek out the furthest recesses of my pores to hang out in.I love the BB from 2, but this one not so much...

Also wanted to say that I am really liking the LJH oil from 4! I'm adding it to either the Cheese Cream or my usual moisturizer at night. I don't notice the difference until I put on my makeup and notice how smooth it goes on. Very hydrating stuff!

Latest posts

Back