Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am more worried about customs charge atm as my box has stopped at the plane yesterday... If I get hit twice I might cancel rest.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gchatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today and all of the items are Korean brand. I'm thrilled with my box.
5-2 box???

I received my 5.2 box today (my first box), and I am pretty impressed! I counted over $100 in value without adding in the cost of the packets, and I am anxious to try the products. I made a quick Youtube video showing what was in my box (I am not good at making Youtube videos). Am I allowed to post it if I embed the video? 

Quote: Originally Posted by myungsunkim24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which items have you reciewed?
I got the black sparkly eyeliner in the 3rd box the 5.2 box will be at my place prob on Monday.

Not sure how I feel about 5.2.

I actually prefer the two different products that are in 5.

Thank you so much @allistra44 for posting!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  A few non-Korean brands is okay with me, especially if they are other brands you can't get in the states. I'm okay with a L'Oreal product.

I just wish I'd get my boxes. My PO says they sent back box four and Memebox is saying it's still sitting at the PO. Meanwhile I haven't received a shipping notice for 5.2.

I changed the address on their site a few weeks ago to my work address so I can actually get the boxes (hopefully), but Memebox will not respond when I've asked them to confirm the other boxes I ordered will be sent to the updated address.
I just wanted to give you a heads up that Memebox has sent me two emails (one for each box in my possession) saying that they're still at the PO.  The emails came randomly; I never needed a reason to contact them about it.  If you got an email like that, I'd be more inclined to believe whatever the post office says.

0.jpg

Here is my video of 5.2. A mod can tell me to delete if if we aren't allowed to post our videos here. 

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really don't think they intend on sending boxes full of non-korean brands, guys.  I think that most of the items will be Korean products with an item or two that may not be Korean-made, but as they said, "popular among koreans." Something like that is fine by me. I'm reserving judgement until another box comes. I think they are still doing a great job of delivering what they say they will. No complaints here on the quality of the boxes.
No, I wouldn't expect them to send a whole box of non-Korean items either. I think the reason I am a bit put off by the non-Korean brands is because it says explicitly on the box pages:

Quote: Memebox is a box full of deluxe samples and full size products  from Korean cosmetic brands. 

Therefore, as a consumer, that is what I am expecting to get in return for my payment. When I don't get it, I feel a bit deceived. Also, they are just now mentioning these changes, and only on the box card, not the website where you actually order the boxes. The website still says that I quoted above. If I had ordered 5.2 I would be more than a bit peeved that I was getting a L'Oreal product I could buy at the CVS down the street. I have other subs for things like that.

I'm not arguing the value of the box though, and I am really excited about getting 5 in my hands (stuck at JFK, sigh)! I think the most interesting product to me is the Body Secret one!  They have several products like this on their site, and I was kinda hoping they would include one for the sheer fun of it! Also looking forward to trying the Pore Control and cleanser. Even the foil packet highlighter looks fun! 

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  No, I wouldn't expect them to send a whole box of non-Korean items either. I think the reason I am a bit put off by the non-Korean brands is because it says explicitly on the box pages:

Therefore, as a consumer, that is what I am expecting to get in return for my payment. When I don't get it, I feel a bit deceived. Also, they are just now mentioning these changes, and only on the box card, not the website where you actually order the boxes. The website still says that I quoted above. If I had ordered 5.2 I would be more than a bit peeved that I was getting a L'Oreal product I could buy at the CVS down the street. I have other subs for things like that.

I'm not arguing the value of the box though, and I am really excited about getting 5 in my hands (stuck at JFK, sigh)! I think the most interesting product to me is the Body Secret one!  They have several products like this on their site, and I was kinda hoping they would include one for the sheer fun of it! Also looking forward to trying the Pore Control and cleanser. Even the foil packet highlighter looks fun! 
I have to agree.  A lot of us have prepaid for numerous boxes and honestly that is a bit deceptive that they're suddenly saying some brands will not be Korean.  I know they are probably well meaning but I don't need to order something from across the ocean that I can get from walking to a store a half mile away.  

It doesn't bother me so much...yet.  But I get where people are coming from, and it could be a big problem for those who are waiting on 4 to 6 more boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't really think that the one L'Oreal product is off-putting enough for me to start feeling deceived. I think that if it's something that happens more frequently, it's something I would definitely bring up to memebox. I agree that the inclusion of other countries products does muddle the overall idea of the box, however, I personally feel like it's not that big of a deal if it's just 1 or 2 things, at least for me, personally. We have to realize that just because L'Oreal is available here in the US, it doesn't mean it is available Globally, which is what this box is; A global box. I know friends in other countries who always talk about how our drugstore brands are either not available to them, or, are way too expensive.

Again, I understand where people are coming from, but there seemed to be this big uproar over something that hasn't even really happened yet. There was a one single L'Oreal lip gloss and suddenly people are feeling deceived and upset. If we're to pull at straws here I'm sure we can dig through the past contents of memebox and find a few items that weren't made IN KOREA, IE: how some of our cosmetic brands/products are made in/available in china. L'Oreal is still technically a brand sold in Korea and used in Korea is it not?

Honestly I think that you and everyone else have every right to feel any way you want to, I just think people jumped the gun a little bit on their mild outrage about a lip gloss. I can understand that if the boxes continue to have more and more non-korean specific products in them, especially when they are pre-paid for in advance, then people might have something to feel deceived or angry about. That's all!

And as for my box, my stupid mailman left me the dreaded pink slip in my mailbox. Didn't even attempt to knock on the door. I hate that the USPS isn't even trying to deliver these to me. They basically just figure if I'm not standing at the door when they arrive then they'll just leave a slip. It's Saturday, so of course by the time my mail is delivered, the post office is closed, so now I have to wait until Monday. GRRR :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't really think that the one L'Oreal product is off-putting enough for me to start feeling deceived. I think that if it's something that happens more frequently, it's something I would definitely bring up to memebox. I agree that the inclusion of other countries products does muddle the overall idea of the box, however, I personally feel like it's not that big of a deal if it's just 1 or 2 things, at least for me, personally. We have to realize that just because L'Oreal is available here in the US, it doesn't mean it is available Globally, which is what this box is; A global box. I know friends in other countries who always talk about how our drugstore brands are either not available to them, or, are way too expensive.

Again, I understand where people are coming from, but there seemed to be this big uproar over something that hasn't even really happened yet. There was a one single L'Oreal lip gloss and suddenly people are feeling deceived and upset. If we're to pull at straws here I'm sure we can dig through the past contents of memebox and find a few items that weren't made IN KOREA, IE: how some of our cosmetic brands/products are made in/available in china. L'Oreal is still technically a brand sold in Korea and used in Korea is it not?

Honestly I think that you and everyone else have every right to feel any way you want to, I just think people jumped the gun a little bit on their mild outrage about a lip gloss. I can understand that if the boxes continue to have more and more non-korean specific products in them, especially when they are pre-paid for in advance, then people might have something to feel deceived or angry about. That's all!

And as for my box, my stupid mailman left me the dreaded pink slip in my mailbox. Didn't even attempt to knock on the door. I hate that the USPS isn't even trying to deliver these to me. They basically just figure if I'm not standing at the door when they arrive then they'll just leave a slip. It's Saturday, so of course by the time my mail is delivered, the post office is closed, so now I have to wait until Monday. GRRR :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I bought a box with cosmetics Korean brands. L'oreal, Physiogel - They aren't  a Korean brand...

Loreal is the largest cosmetic company in the world and operates in over 130 countries.  I think most people who have time to think about and purchase cosmetics can get their hands on Loreal products.  I do think it's a fun product to try; I'm just sayin'.

Quote: Originally Posted by ellesnails /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Loreal is the largest cosmetic company in the world and operates in over 130 countries.  I think most people who have time to think about and purchase cosmetics can get their hands on Loreal products.  I do think it's a fun product to try; I'm just sayin'.

Totally agree. I'm not sure which countries L'Oreal is readily available in, what I do know, is that there are some countries that can purchase L'Oreal, but at insanely inflated rates. You'd be surprised at how expensive our lower end drugstore cosmetics can cost elsewhere, even when they are regularly sold there. I'm not arguing about the availability of L'Oreal, but just that not everyone has every brand as readily available to them as we might.

Also: I understand the concern about non-korean-based brands being included in a Korean subscription box. I was simply trying to provide perspective. I think people just jumped the gun a little bit as we've only seen this box since they made the change in what they intend to include in the boxes. I think we'll have to wait and see what #6 provides us with. If it's full of stuff you can get at CVS, then of course there's a good reason to be upset. I just don't think that's what's going to happen.

I'm not arguing with people over whether or not they have a right to feel angry or have an opinion. I'm simply saying let's not jump the gun yet until we see what the status quo is going to be with the boxes from here on out. If it's a concern for you because you've purchased future boxes, maybe now is the time to shoot memebox an e-mail and express your dislike of the new additions rather than getting angry about it here.

I mean, if you look at Meme's skincare section on the Korean website... There is Clinique all over it! I must have missed the outrage that people are having over the L'Oreal, but I get it. I would say that anyone who doesn't like that it was added in the box should let CS know. This is still an expanding operation they are running, and growing pains are to be expected.

On the USPS note... I was stalking the plane that had my box on it and it seriously flew all over the country before landing at JFK. So weird, because looking at my past shipping times, I would have had it delivered today. But whatever, I'll get it next week after the dreaded pink slip has been delivered. Though not on Monday cause it's another dang holiday. ::gumblegrumble:: Wish I worked for a place that actually let people off on holidays... 

I think I'm in the minority here. I don't mind if they have a random product that is popular in Korea but by an American company. Especially after I tried it! It was just like the Yves St Laurent. I'm kinda a makeup snob and won't buy drugstore brands. I think it might have changed after this because WOW, this gloss is gorgeous and the perfect color. I want to wear it all day everyday. XD I love it!!! It doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything, either. This gloss is awesome and 1/3 the price of Yves St Laurent >__< I appreciate Memebox introducing me to it! Such a gorgeous, subtle red <3

Latest posts

Back