Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... if I wanted US makeup I would buy it myself... But maybe korea will find me a US product I don't know about... So i'll give memebox a pass on that one... as long as i get some good essences cause I really want to try those!

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Now I'll think even more about buying Superbox 2 in order to get more KOREAN makeup...
Yep I ordered that one right away.... and with my points it wasn't that pricey. As much as I love skincare products I love makeup more! Im just hoping its not a box filled with BB creams cause its so hard to match my very pale complexion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shinystars88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yep I ordered that one right away.... and with my points it wasn't that pricey. As much as I love skincare products I love makeup more! Im just hoping its not a box filled with BB creams cause its so hard to match my very pale complexion.
I'm still waiting for some points to be added to my account - then I'll decide, I guess. I sometimes have doubts about getting makeup in the boxes, because - just like you - I've got a very pale complexion and I mostly prefer to choose my colors and shades myself. But I'd love to get some Korean eyeliners and maybe a compact or a sponge pad.

Not too crazy about the change either, I signed up to memebox because I wanted to try Korean products. I'm waiting for $10 in points to be added to my account, after which I will probably buy the next Superbox and bow out.

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm still waiting for some points to be added to my account - then I'll decide, I guess. I sometimes have doubts about getting makeup in the boxes, because - just like you - I've got a very pale complexion and I mostly prefer to choose my colors and shades myself. But I'd love to get some Korean eyeliners and maybe a compact or a sponge pad.
I love Korean eyeliners since the 3rd box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I hope I'll get enough points to buy the superbox 2 now:) still waiting for them to give me my review points.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aga Atarii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love Korean eyeliners since the 3rd box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I hope I'll get enough points to buy the superbox 2 now:) still waiting for them to give me my review points.
I also really like that eyeliner and would be willing to try some more. And I'm also waiting for my review points and 5 points I should get for buying the 8th edition.

I really don't think they intend on sending boxes full of non-korean brands, guys.  I think that most of the items will be Korean products with an item or two that may not be Korean-made, but as they said, "popular among koreans." Something like that is fine by me. I'm reserving judgement until another box comes. I think they are still doing a great job of delivering what they say they will. No complaints here on the quality of the boxes.

I really don't think they intend on sending boxes full of non-korean brands, guys.  I think that most of the items will be Korean products with an item or two that may not be Korean-made, but as they said, "popular among koreans." Something like that is fine by me. I'm reserving judgement until another box comes. I think they are still doing a great job of delivering what they say they will. No complaints here on the quality of the boxes.
I think your right glamabox does this. And it's not every box you get non Korean branded goods.

A few non-Korean brands is okay with me, especially if they are other brands you can't get in the states. I'm okay with a L'Oreal product.

I just wish I'd get my boxes. My PO says they sent back box four and Memebox is saying it's still sitting at the PO. Meanwhile I haven't received a shipping notice for 5.2.

I changed the address on their site a few weeks ago to my work address so I can actually get the boxes (hopefully), but Memebox will not respond when I've asked them to confirm the other boxes I ordered will be sent to the updated address.

MissJesie, I am with you on this, but I did write them and let them know that it concerned me and that I hope the boxes aren't full of them. I wouldn't mind actually finding out what products Koreans like from the US, but I can put up with 1 or 2 but I like the rest of the box to be Korean products as that was what I thought and was lead to believe I signed up for!!! I love box 5! The lip gloss was such a lovely color and I love body lotions! Yes, they had a few foil samples, but the rest of the products were decent size and I can always go for an awesome aroma therapy spray! Love, love, love it!!!

I'm not liking the way they keep changing the rules. The shipping changes, the point changes, the shipping delay emails, and now the Korean boxes with non Korean items. I am going to force myself to wait until I get my box to decide if I should order another one which is sooo hard because I have points burning a hole in my pocket!! But I think it's the prudent thing to do. I wish they would stabilize things over there!!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree! I would be interested to see what beauty products American (or Non-Korean) companies offer in other countries. I also have never tried that L'oreal product, so wouldn't mind seeing how it performs!  Also, for the price of this box, plus the various points we are getting from reviews/purchases, it is still a great deal.  I appreciate that the foil packets Memebox is providing come with multiple uses, unlike the Big Easy Benefit peelie I got in my Birchbox this month (I may hold a grudge against this one for a while!! hehe).

I'm disappointed. I don't want non Korean products in Memebox boxes. I can buy L'Oreal in every store in Poland :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I also saw Nivea in Korean Memebox. And we can buy Nivea in Poland too...

I just want to remind everyone that memebox only launched their "Global" boxes very late last year and they were only really being sent to bloggers at that point. They have been trying and testing different things: how often the boxes are sent, possibly making it a subscription (which they said in the past they will eventually consider), trying out different products in the boxes etc etc.

The keep changing things because they're still a very new subscription global-wise, and are trying different things to see what works best for their company. Heck, they didn't even have a customer service system set up until recently.

I understand it's probably frustrating, but if the change/growth of a new company is something you don't want to deal with/support them through, then you should probably hold off on buying boxes for awhile until they find their footing.

I got my box yesterday and am happy but the roll on isnt my scent at all! Lipgloss (Korean) is an okay color- my lips are pigmented already so it shows through.

Quote: Originally Posted by Malaperelka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm disappointed. I don't want non Korean products in Memebox boxes. I can buy L'Oreal in every store in Poland
frown.gif
. I also saw Nivea in Korean Memebox. And we can buy Nivea in Poland too...
exactly!!!!

Latest posts

Back