Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by boxnewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm, I think boxes 8,9,10 are sold out. Giving me a 'select an option' message again when I try to add to cart.
BTW - Just got a confirmation from CS that the Bundle is out of stock. Looks like we will see a new box available soon!

Sigh, I got a few cash gifts for my B'Day and decided to splurge on these afterall. There really wasn't much else I wanted! Picked up the SuperBox #2 while I was at it. Anyway, I bought them this morning and the points were on my account when I looked at it this afternoon so that was pretty quick. On the other hand, they still haven't credited me my points for the peripera lip stain that leaked.
Yours leaked too? Just email them. They credited me 6 pts. I had the option of getting a replacement but they suggested I do points and I'm glad I did :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by myungsunkim24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yours leaked too? Just email them. They credited me 6 pts. I had the option of getting a replacement but they suggested I do points and I'm glad I did
smile.gif

Ditto. I emailed them again and they responded less than 10 minutes saying they had credited my account. Hope the ticketing system will help them keep up with the uptick in demand they are seeing.

I'm glad you guys received a response. I never received one after multiple emails and I had to open a PayPal case. I won't be ordering from them again.

Silly question - do most of you who've ordered choose the express mail or the regular? I'm not a patient gal, but I don't want to pay $20+ either. Am I missing something?

I was missing 3 items from the 4th box. I still have another two boxes I ordered which I regret now. I've just never had a company flat out ignore my emails.

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was missing 3 items from the 4th box. I still have another two boxes I ordered which I regret now. I've just never had a company flat out ignore my emails.
Have you tried emailing them since they started this ticketing system? I think they had too many emails to deal with and lost track of some, including mine and some others who have commented here. It's not good at all that they never responded to you though.

I LOVE the donation to the Pregnancy Center idea----that's super!
Yes, I save every little makeup bag I get or small box such as a birch box or birch box man box and put an assortment in them and wart it up as a small gift. I don't put who it's from or any name on it. Just put. . . . A gift to a beautiful woman . . . . I love doing !

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea they had a LOT of emails come in at once and lost track of them. I honestly don't think they realized how popular they would get so soon. I would go to the memebox website and e-mail directly from the little "contact" area at the bottom corner of the page. You should get a ticket # now, which helps them keep them in order and will help you in case they don't get back to you to have a ticket # to reference.

Yea they had a LOT of emails come in at once and lost track of them. I honestly don't think they realized how popular they would get so soon. I would go to the memebox website and e-mail directly from the little "contact" area at the bottom corner of the page. You should get a ticket # now, which helps them keep them in order and will help you in case they don't get back to you to have a ticket # to reference.
Also, I was assigned a ticket number by just replying to the last email I had sent them (so they had the whole conversation)

I have finally had an email this morning since we all contacted them last week. If you are in the uk or Europe they are working on how to send to us with no customs charges. They are labelled gift and asked us to email what the tax free quota is for the country we are in. It does sound promising.at present it's being declared at $29.99

Mine was labelled as a gift and value $27,97 and I was still charges £19.45 uk customs. The gift option is only valid if sent from individual not a company. My box 4 was below customs fees value and I was still charge. I wouldn't have my hopes high and uk customs do whatever they pleased. They come up with their own value. They add shipping cost ( what they think it is) to the value on declaration which is already with shipping!

Mine was labelled as a gift and value $27,97 and I was still charges £19.45 uk customs. The gift option is only valid if sent from individual not a company. My box 4 was below customs fees value and I was still charge. I wouldn't have my hopes high and uk customs do whatever they pleased. They come up with their own value. They add shipping cost ( what they think it is) to the value on declaration which is already with shipping!
I have emailed them all the info. To be fair all my international sub boxes come through as gift and are exempt of customs charge as it all is Put through on postage costs. Gift option can be used by personal and company under £35. You may of been unlucky some people get caught with there box. My yes style box did once. Did they label all the goods on the label can you remember as all the others seem to label. 2 . All my boxes were taken by in mean last week I will go check if I have any lying a round to check though. I now they said they are having teething issues which I understand they didn't realise how well the boxes would go . And they have some great things to come . By the way I'm #187 this morning on emails.

Quote:Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have emailed them all the info. To be fair all my international sub boxes come through as gift and are exempt of customs charge as it all is
Put through on postage costs. Gift option can be used by personal and company under £35. You may of been unlucky some people get caught with there box. My yes style box did once. Did they label all the goods on the label can you remember as all the others seem to label. 2 . All my boxes were taken by in mean last week I will go check if I have any lying a round to check though.
I now they said they are having teething issues which I understand they didn't realise how well the boxes would go . And they have some great things to come . By the way I'm #187 this morning on emails.

Both boxes were marked as a gift. When you see custom label with charges it clearly states gifts from individual to individual are excluded up to value £35. My point is the my memebox 4 was below the customs value even for merchadise which is £15 and was charges more than memebox 3 which had higher declared value. Seems like with UK customs its a lottery. Real value doesnt seem to matter to them. I have received 2 boxes so far and both with customs (import VAT+handling charges) almost £20. Not impressed so far with UK customs and weay they handle it. I have disagreed with the charges but it takes up to 6 months to get decision back from HMRC. On the declaration it was only written GIFT and total value for the box (inclusive of shipping). My membox 3 - $27.97, Membox 4 - $22.97 I have been in contact with memebox and informed them about everything and asked to have my boxes shipped via Stamdard as then even if charged handling fee is £5 less.

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by zentea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes!! I'd love to try a snail product, I never have. I wonder if they are actually effective.  
I have read comments from a lot of people raving about them on another forum, but yea, I'd like to try them out myself. The one that I saw most people talking about was the Benton one, so I ordered some samples on ebay. From what I understand though Benton is a really popular brand overseas, but not in Korea itself. I think I would put almost anything on my face, including crushed up snail guts, if it was a HG item for my skin!

I got the snail mask Glossybox sent out a while back and I really loved it, I would so love to try more snail things! Super awesome if you can get past the idea of it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yes i know its a lottery,i always choose standard for boxes,i wonder how vegan cuts,lipfactory and glamabox which are more money don't get it,i believe it is to do with the customs labelling and shipping cost.i told them to email glamabox to ask how they do it.

have you asked the uk you tubers under there videos if they got caught on customs charges.i know memebox are defiantly looking into the whole shipping /customs charge issue for us though,i believe as a korean company hey will do as they say as they as a country are very into helping get the best for there customers.and the charges don't bother me too much but as i ordered from box5-10 in under a week it looks a lot of customs charges it is not. also it seems to be who they ship with is a big difference most come from upds /stamps,  thenroyall mail once in ukit makes a difference.

will be interested once K-POPBB box starts up how they fair against memebox

Quote:Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes i know its a lottery,i always choose standard for boxes,i wonder how vegan cuts,lipfactory and glamabox which are more money don't get it,i believe it is to do with the customs labelling and shipping cost.i told them to email glamabox to ask how they do it.

have you asked the uk you tubers under there videos if they got caught on customs charges.i know memebox are defiantly looking into the whole shipping /customs charge issue for us though,i believe as a korean company hey will do as they say as they as a country are very into helping get the best for there customers.and the charges don't bother me too much but as i ordered from box5-10 in under a week it looks a lot of customs charges it is not. also it seems to be who they ship with is a big difference most come from upds /stamps,  thenroyall mail once in ukit makes a difference.

I have requested now for all my boxes to be shipped standard as i have 3 more coming and i wouldnt be happy if I had to pay £60 more of customs. Hopefully it will work

Quote: Originally Posted by Plushy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have requested now for all my boxes to be shipped standard as i have 3 more coming and i wouldnt be happy if I had to pay £60 more of customs. Hopefully it will work
Since you changed from express to standard, did Memebox gave you the 5 points credit? Just asking, since they stopped giving those when they started offering the free express shipping.

Quote: Originally Posted by Plushy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have requested now for all my boxes to be shipped standard as i have 3 more coming and i wouldnt be happy if I had to pay £60 more of customs. Hopefully it will work i think 5,6,7 they upgraded us for shipping didn't they but i done regular shipping for8,9,10, so it will be interesting to see if it make a difference.

Latest posts

Back