Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will not give up lip factory for sure.,in a week or the speed of these boxes under a week, i have ordered 5,6,7,8,9,10. ontop of all my other boxes weeps of shame.

I ordered the lucky box and ordered the super box! The combo one was definitely wayyy intimidating and to give up that much money at once. For the super box though, I had $10 in credit so I was able to apply that =] This is my first memebox order, I'm hoping that it'll be as awesome as the reviews looked!

I just ordered the Super box. I used my 15 points I had so I got it for 54.95 and that includes shipping! It less than buying 2 reg. boxes! So I hope it good and doesn't have too many repeats!

Ha, this is just crazy. If they were including makeup to be part of more of their boxes I would be absolutely buying all of these but since it is mostly skincare I won't be. It is very disappointing that they won't be re-releasing 8,9, and 10 and honestly that is enough to make me walk away from this box for a while since I just have no idea what is going to happen with it on a daily basis. Golden Tote was stressful enough this month without adding another site that I need to refresh on a daily basis! I get that this is a "Beta" run for them through... It looks like they are trying out different models and seeing what the reaction is. But I do think they are trying them out too quickly. Seriously, it's just February and how many boxes have they released at this point!  We have had the regular non-subscription, individual box model. The "variation" versions of 2 of the main boxes. Then we have a three box bundle. Now we have a special edition box. It's like every subscription box model rolled up into 1.5 months.  All that being said... I would just start throwing money at them if they included more makeup, ha!
OMG!!THIS! more makeup would be my downfall!! I seriously hope they do that. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So within the last few days I discovered Memebox reviews on YouTube. I was so curious to try so I just purchased the Luckybox#1 on the 5th and Superbox#1 today! My hope is that since they are the "first" of their type, the goodies will be magnificent in order to gain subscribers to the new types of boxes. I hope I am right and I will let you all know what I think once I have received them in the mail! I am a huge fan of skin serums so I am hoping for some of those! This is just an experiment so we'll see...

I came so close to buying the super box, even though it is so expensive...but I successfully slapped my hand away and ordered a couple of dresses from ModCloth instead! (My wardrobe is pathetic...I need clothes so badly, NOT more beauty stuff....remember that, self...)

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It makes sense especially for a company that has just launched in the US and is trying to find their footing/what works for them. Thing they don't realize is we're all shopaholics even though we hate it LOL
I think they realize it and that is precisely why they are doing it. I want to get my first actual box before I slam any more money down....

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I came so close to buying the super box, even though it is so expensive...but I successfully slapped my hand away and ordered a couple of dresses from ModCloth instead! (My wardrobe is pathetic...I need clothes so badly, NOT more beauty stuff....remember that, self...)
Ditto! Every time I start thinking that maybe it wouldn't be too bad to get another box, I remind myself that I have plans for Golden Tote that don't involve more Korean cosmetics. It's hard though... 

What really gets me is in the description for the superbox it claims to include makeup and not just skincare so I'm totally torn. But without receiving any of my 4 regular boxes and the lucky box I'm very hesitant to throw down another 70 big ones. For those who get it I hope you love it and I'm sure I will be super jealous to read all the reviews. *Cringes*. :scared:

IM NOT BUYING ANYMORE BOXES until i know for for sure I'm not going to get hit with another £13 for customs charges for being uk based,i think for some reason on the bottom of shipping it states this issue and none of my other international subs get done on customs ,i think I'm going to have to email them to say they need to gift and skincare  sample label.as it will seriously put international people off buying there boxes full stop. or it could just be an off day and your box got picked.
Oh, I did write an answer to your post, but via Tapatalk and apparently it never showed up... I'll email them asking if they'll put "gift / cosmetic samples" as well as if they can post my boxes normally, not with courier as I was told that customs don't pay as much attention to normally shipped parcels. I'll see what happens with #5 and if it's so bad again I'll ask them to ship to Poland, none of my polish friends got charged with customs and they already got their boxes on Monday... Have you receive the letter already, do you know how much we have to pay? I know it's over £9 but I'm afraid that with handling fee it's gonna be more expensive then the box itself :/

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ditto! Every time I start thinking that maybe it wouldn't be too bad to get another box, I remind myself that I have plans for Golden Tote that don't involve more Korean cosmetics. It's hard though... 

mmhmm... it really is hard, especially since I'm so drawn to korean cosmetics and their cute packaging!

But, my wardrobe is so sad that all I have to do is remind myself that once I get my face all pretty and made up, I have nothing to put myself in but scrubs and pajamas...it helps a bit...lol.

At least this thread exists so I can continue to spy on what everyone is getting and live vicariously through them! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And maybe by the time I get my wardrobe to passable status (I'm trying to buy 3 dresses or outfits a month until it's satisfactory)  some people will be memeboxed out, and maybe I'll be able to get my hands on a regular memebox without having to pay for it 45 years in advance. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What really gets me is in the description for the superbox it claims to include makeup and not just skincare so I'm totally torn. But without receiving any of my 4 regular boxes and the lucky box I'm very hesitant to throw down another 70 big ones. For those who get it I hope you love it and I'm sure I will be super jealous to read all the reviews. *Cringes*. :scared:
Be careful how you interpret "makeup". They may just mean gloss/tints and bb creams. It would be awesome if it had blush/eye shadows/powders, but who knows.

Quote: Originally Posted by inciaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I did write an answer to your post, but via Tapatalk and apparently it never showed up...
I'll email them asking if they'll put "gift / cosmetic samples" as well as if they can post my boxes normally, not with courier as I was told that customs don't pay as much attention to normally shipped parcels. I'll see what happens with #5 and if it's so bad again I'll ask them to ship to Poland, none of my polish friends got charged with customs and they already got their boxes on Monday...

Have you receive the letter already, do you know how much we have to pay? I know it's over £9 but I'm afraid that with handling fee it's gonna be more expensive then the box itself :/
yep as for now we I didn't have to pay customs as long as it's not over 100$ they don't pay much attention I hope:) (I am from Poland btw)

yep as for now we I didn't have to pay customs as long as it's not over 100$ they don't pay much attention I hope:) (I am from Poland btw)
I asked them to cancel my orders and give me a refund, but maybe I should just ask to ship it to my mum and then she'll send it to me from Poland... So much fuss over some samples :/ too much headache, I think I'm done with them. I'd love to get all them boxes, but I don't want to worry all the time about the customs and shipment...

Oh, I did write an answer to your post, but via Tapatalk and apparently it never showed up... I'll email them asking if they'll put "gift / cosmetic samples" as well as if they can post my boxes normally, not with courier as I was told that customs don't pay as much attention to normally shipped parcels. I'll see what happens with #5 and if it's so bad again I'll ask them to ship to Poland, none of my polish friends got charged with customs and they already got their boxes on Monday... Have you receive the letter already, do you know how much we have to pay? I know it's over £9 but I'm afraid that with handling fee it's gonna be more expensive then the box itself :/
No I asked at the post office after looking online and they said the same we shouldn't get charged . But to check the label and speak to the company if need be. With handling fees and customs it is £13. I'm awaiting my parcel to ship. We don't get sent a letter in the uk they email or the post office leave a blue card and we don't have to show I'd or the payment order letter. Apparently uk do it easier than the rest of the EU. I have emailed meme but awaiting a reply.

I asked them to cancel my orders and give me a refund, but maybe I should just ask to ship it to my mum and then she'll send it to me from Poland... So much fuss over some samples :/ too much headache, I think I'm done with them. I'd love to get all them boxes, but I don't want to worry all the time about the customs and shipment...
Send it to your mom! that's what I plan to do with my Shinybox and others when I am abroad.

No I asked at the post office after looking online and they said the same we shouldn't get charged . But to check the label and speak to the company if need be. With handling fees and customs it is £13. I'm awaiting my parcel to ship. We don't get sent a letter in the uk they email or the post office leave a blue card and we don't have to show I'd or the payment order letter. Apparently uk do it easier than the rest of the EU. I have emailed meme but awaiting a reply.
Eeee... When I was charged with customs on a parcel from my in laws from Hong Kong I received a letter! It was just last month! And when they didn't update the tracking for 3 days I send them an email what's going on and they (parcelforce) replied that I'm charged customs and to await a letter... No email, nothing in the mailbox! Weird... I guess I should call them. Aga, I think it's too much fuss for something like this... Besides the shipment price from Poland will be really high. I just traded with a girl on a Wizaż forum and I got her letter today - 18 złotych for two face masks! I don't think it's worth it... So, I called Parcelforce, they said they can't help me, blah bla blah, something about going to their depo on Monday, but she gave me wrong number to call... Agrgh! What do I do now? I'll be lucky to get this box in Feb! And to pay so much money for it... I'm really upset :/ Is there any way that after we pay we can contact customs and say that they actually shouldn't charge it according to their policy and ask for a refund?

Eeee... When I was charged with customs on a parcel from my in laws from Hong Kong I received a letter! It was just last month! And when they didn't update the tracking for 3 days I send them an email what's going on and they (parcelforce) replied that I'm charged customs and to await a letter... No email, nothing in the mailbox! Weird... I guess I should call them.

Aga, I think it's too much fuss for something like this... Besides the shipment price from Poland will be really high. I just traded with a girl on a Wizaż forum and I got her letter today - 18 złotych for two face masks! I don't think it's worth it...

So, I called Parcelforce, they said they can't help me, blah bla blah, something about going to their depo on Monday, but she gave me wrong number to call... Agrgh! What do I do now? I'll be lucky to get this box in Feb!
And to pay so much money for it... I'm really upset :/ Is there any way that after we pay we can contact customs and say that they actually shouldn't charge it according to their policy and ask for a refund?
I usually wait till some of my friends come to visit then they bring me loads of stuff:D but true not worth the fuzz to be honest... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back