Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by inciaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hello, Has any of you had to pay customs for #4? Seems like everyone I know (and from what I've seen on youtube and blogs) had got them without any problems, but mine is sitting at the Customs Office since last Friday and today my tracking status changed to "Awaiting customs charge"... I live in UK - did they charge any of you or is it just my bad luck?
IM NOT BUYING ANYMORE BOXES until i know for for sure I'm not going to get hit with another £13 for customs charges for being uk based,i think for some reason on the bottom of shipping it states this issue and none of my other international subs get done on customs ,i think I'm going to have to email them to say they need to gift and skincare  sample label.as it will seriously put international people off buying there boxes full stop. or it could just be an off day and your box got picked.

Good morning everyone!

Quoting time (cause you all "speak" too much! 25 posts unread? Really?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by inciaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hello, Has any of you had to pay customs for #4? Seems like everyone I know (and from what I've seen on youtube and blogs) had got them without any problems, but mine is sitting at the Customs Office since last Friday and today my tracking status changed to "Awaiting customs charge"... I live in UK - did they charge any of you or is it just my bad luck?
Check your customs/mail rules or whatever. To Portugal Memeboxes will always stop at customs, and then they ask for my Id card (includes taxpayer number) and a copy of payment. If the value is above 42€ then I have to pay taxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How frustrating, I finally get paid and all that's available is the bundle (and I'm so not into paying that far in advance)....and the new "Super Box"...but that's awfully expensive...I guess me and this box aren't meant to be. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will not be buying superbox for one reason alone: international packages stop at customs here in Portugal, like I said above. And since I have to send a copy of payment it will show it's mora than 42€ and I will have to pay taxes... so, no thank you.

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Response from Memebox:

Hello Allison!

We do not have any plans on releasing them individually yet, however, we will try our best to secure more boxes for #8,#9,#10. We will definitely keep you posted if we have updates on individual boxes. 

That's kind of disappointing. I just hope the bundles don't become the norm. 

Same problem as stated above. Payment will be over 42€ and I will end up paying taxes even though they ship the boxes separately :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So I really hope they sell them one by one!

Memebox #3 arriveat my country day 30 of january and it still is beeing held by customs. I already send all the documents they asked, but they are sooo slow :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Memebox #4 arrived day  3 of february and same story... it is annoying.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aga Atarii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got 10$ off with my referral just wrote an email to meme that I was refered by Jennifer Yu  -http://www.youtube.com/jenncyu, and got 10$ off on top of 5$ that I got for signing up. 
The other $5 came from a box or item you purchased or it was given to you by accident. (Which was a lucky accident for you! 
icon_smile.gif
)  I can verify, and double verified with memebox that every blogger/youtuber that works with memebox has a $5 referral for their readers/viewers, and that is on top of the $5 signup bonus.

I just don't want false information out there making people to think they can get $10 in credits for a referral and then be angry at memebox when they only get $5.

To clarify again for anyone who doesn't already know:

You will receive a $5 credit just for signing up with memebox.

Then when you send an e-mail to memebox and let them know who referred you, they will give you another $5 credit.

Making your credit total $10.

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Check your customs/mail rules or whatever. To Portugal Memeboxes will always stop at customs, and then they ask for my Id card (includes taxpayer number) and a copy of payment. If the value is above 42€ then I have to pay taxes.

I will not be buying superbox for one reason alone: international packages stop at customs here in Portugal, like I said above. And since I have to send a copy of payment it will show it's mora than 42€ and I will have to pay taxes... so, no thank you.

Same problem as stated above. Payment will be over 42€ and I will end up paying taxes even though they ship the boxes separately :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So I really hope they sell them one by one!
oh see in the uk i get a customs post email from courier of which you can pay online or at post office,if you pay online before midnight that day it get sent to me for delivery the next day. and if it needs signing for i allocate a neighbour or i sign it online and it gets left in safe place garage ,shed etc.otherwise it can take 2 days to get to post office and then postman pops card through door telling you to go to pick up and pay at post office.

so if goods under £135 you don't get charged,if labelled as gift  and under £35 no charges.so it seems a little better than poland and portugal,

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The other $5 came from a box or item you purchased or it was given to you by accident. (Which was a lucky accident for you! 
icon_smile.gif
)  I can verify, and double verified with memebox that every blogger/youtuber that works with memebox has a $5 referral for their readers/viewers, and that is on top of the $5 signup bonus.

I just don't want false information out there making people to think they can get $10 in credits for a referral and then be angry at memebox when they only get $5.

Then when you send an e-mail to memebox and let them know who referred you, they will give you another $5 credit.

icon_smile.gif

No! I did not buy anything nor did I got it by mistake.  I am sorry but at first I got 5 by ref feral and then they gave me 5 extra and send me an email with apologies :

"We originally credited you $5, however today we just found out that we credited $5 less than we offered. Now you have total $10 referral points from Jennifer Yu.   Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy Memebox."

SO please check the link I refers to in my post before you say I give false information.  I wanted to share this great deal with everyone not spread false rumors !  

No! I did not buy anything nor did I got it by mistake.  I am sorry but at first I got 5 by ref feral and then they gave me 5 extra and send me an email with apologies :

"We originally credited you $5, however today we just found out that we credited $5 less than we offered. Now you have total $10 referral points from Jennifer Yu.   Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy Memebox."

SO please check the link I refers to in my post before you say I give false information.  I wanted to share this great deal with everyone not spread false rumors !  

Maybe they changed that but originally when I was ordering my 3rd box that is why I got. sorry for being nasty. Just wanted everyone to have the same deal as I did.

WHAT'S GOING ON!!! 
laughno.gif
 LOL!

I haven't been here in like a day or two and now there's 8,9,10 and a super box!! I can't hang.  I'm seriously just playing with box 3 right now.  I haven't even dissected box 2 or 4 yet. 

I'm kinda breaking out which scares me cuz IDK where it's from.  I hope it's not from the BB cream.  Dear memebox, please send us a BB cleanser for all the BB creams you're sending us.  Mahalo!

Maybe they changed that but originally when I was ordering my 3rd box that is why I got. sorry for being nasty. Just wanted everyone to have the same deal as I did.
I will happily look into this again if need be. I'm just reiterating what memebox informed me, as a blogging partner myself. There's no need to get upset. I was simply clarifying that what happened with you is not the usual case.

The last thing memebox needs is a swarm of people e-mailing them demanding another $5 in credits if that's not the case, is all I'm saying.

I'm gonna have to sit this one out. Too rich for my blood at this point. I think they are going about this strangely. They would build more anticipation if they did things a little more systematically. I mean we LOVE their boxes. No debating that. And if they had a new box come up, let's say every 5th of the month and it was first come, first serve, we would literally set alarm clocks like it was black Friday!! They would sell out quickly I'm sure. But as it is now they are creating a feeling #1 that no one can afford to keep up with every box (even the most die hard fan) and #2 if you miss a box - no worries, another one will be available in like 2.5 seconds!

I will happily look into this again if need be. I'm just reiterating what memebox informed me, as a blogging partner myself. There's no need to get upset. I was simply clarifying that what happened with you is not the usual case.

The last thing memebox needs is a swarm of people e-mailing them demanding another $5 in credits if that's not the case, is all I'm saying.
I know sorry  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The thing is when I heard about the refferal thing I search through youtube and found a girl that offered 10$ I wrote them they gave me 5$. I did not write them back as I thought oh well 10$ off(5$ sign up 5$ refferal) is fair enough. But then (as you can see in the mail I posted) they wrote me that they made a mistake and gave me 5$ more. So I thought maybe there are some extra dollars hidden in the blogosphere somewhere :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by angienharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm gonna have to sit this one out. Too rich for my blood at this point.
I think they are going about this strangely.
They would build more anticipation if they did things a little more systematically. I mean we LOVE their boxes. No debating that. And if they had a new box come up, let's say every 5th of the month and it was first come, first serve, we would literally set alarm clocks like it was black Friday!! They would sell out quickly I'm sure.
But as it is now they are creating a feeling #1 that no one can afford to keep up with every box (even the most die hard fan) and #2 if you miss a box - no worries, another one will be available in like 2.5 seconds!
I think they get a lot of emails from ppl saying they missed the box and meme want's to make all of them happy. Maybe they thought if we give em 3 boxes in a batch they will stop asking for more now :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by angienharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm gonna have to sit this one out. Too rich for my blood at this point.
I think they are going about this strangely.
They would build more anticipation if they did things a little more systematically. I mean we LOVE their boxes. No debating that. And if they had a new box come up, let's say every 5th of the month and it was first come, first serve, we would literally set alarm clocks like it was black Friday!! They would sell out quickly I'm sure.
But as it is now they are creating a feeling #1 that no one can afford to keep up with every box (even the most die hard fan) and #2 if you miss a box - no worries, another one will be available in like 2.5 seconds!
Agree with all of this!
It would actually be kind of nice if this worked like Glamour Doll Eyes does their OTM subscriptions. I set my alarm for that!
Subscriptions open on the 8th of every month & there are limited spots available, but she offers 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, & 12 month subscriptions. So if you wanted to do just month to month you could always buy 1 month and if you wanted to prepay you could order a longer sub. But regardless, the subscriptions would always open up again the next month. 

I know Memebox isn't technically a subscription service, but they might as well be with these 'packs' of boxes. 

I got Lucky Box yesterday morning before it sold out.I have 140.00 cashback coming from ebates on the 15th.If the bundle is still there I will get it then, but we will most likely be on bundle 20 by then lol.

There's a Super Box? The boxes are coming out wayyyyy too fast now! Luckily, I'm fine with missing out on all full-sized products for $70-- I'm ok with going the route of sample sized products to see if I like something first and get them at a lower price than pay more for full-sized items that I may not even like.

But still, they've gotta give some ladies (like me) who don't have all the cash to fork out for all these boxes at one time. Wish they'd wait to put the next one up for sale next Friday when I get paid
icon_lol.gif

Just noticed the Super Box says 'Super Box #1' .....so I guess that's going to be a regular thing now too. 

OMG. Memebox sloooooooooooooooooow down - seriously!!! Superbox does sound like fun though! But I just want my first box to come - #7 which I have to wait forever for. Sigh. I'm impatient after seeing you all open your goodies!

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> what ever happened to $20 a box. I'll just stalk this thread and be excited with you ladies when you get your boxes. $70 and $90, and my bday is in the summer. I don't have any excuse to give to the hubby, lol. I already have ipsy and PS boxes. Aaah, please sell individual boxes Memebox pleasse !

Latest posts

Back