Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by jocedun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm seriously so frustrated that the Lucky Box sold out as soon as my paycheck cleared. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anyone know for sure if they will be releasing 8, 9, and 10 individually, as well? I just can't afford to shell out $90 right now. Plus, I genuinely don't know where I'll be living in June and I don't want to commit myself to receiving a box this far in advance. 
It does say for sure the boxes are shipping out on different dates- I posted them a few posts up! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am moving too but you can have your address changed and then they forward it to your new address!

Quote: Originally Posted by jocedun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm seriously so frustrated that the Lucky Box sold out as soon as my paycheck cleared. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anyone know for sure if they will be releasing 8, 9, and 10 individually, as well? I just can't afford to shell out $90 right now. Plus, I genuinely don't know where I'll be living in June and I don't want to commit myself to receiving a box this far in advance. 

I emailed them & asked if they're planning on releasing them individually at all later! Will let you know what they say :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ye i noticed today while i was at work kept checking the website to check the bundle set,i then cancelled a food box sub and with the money each month i can now commit to this full-time and after my glossy dots are used up look at another box sub. i cracked and order 8,9,10 but  the beta sign is new and as is the heading of memebox as well

Quote: Originally Posted by myungsunkim24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It does say for sure the boxes are shipping out on different dates- I posted them a few posts up! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am moving too but you can have your address changed and then they forward it to your new address!
Yes, I know they are shipping out on different dates, but I want to find out if they will be sold separately (instead of in a bundle like they are now). So hopefully memebox will give @allistra44 a concrete answer! 

Thanks for the advice about getting my mail forwarded, and I definitely thought about that. I'm actually going on vacation for 2-weeks during June, which is also in conflict with the possibility of moving, so I'm not sure how I would deal with the forwarding issue (ex: will I have a doorman to sign for it, or not?). Therefore, I just don't want to commit 4 months ahead. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If this were April or May, I'd know a lot better where I'll be when the box actually ships. 

Point of the story: I hope Memebox sells Box #8, #9, #10 individually. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

At this point I'm just hoping I get box 4. Does anyone know how long before the Post Office will return it to Korea? They first tried to deliver it on Monday and I'm not going to be able to pick it up at the PO until Saturday.
You don't want them to attempt so much. It should say its available for pick up after a certain time and date, so it will wait at the po unless you tell them to attempt again. They will not leave it even if you signed the paper so I would just pick it up Saturday. You can also try calling them and letting them know you can't get there until Saturday. They will usually let you know when its the final attempt on the note. I hope you get it soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well they are a "sample" box, so I expect their to be sample-sized products. Unfortunately not all of us have Korean beauty stores near us, otherwise I'd be there ALL the time. I have to order most of the products I love online and I don't get to try new things as often as I'd like, which is why I think memebox is great. I think that for most of the time, their boxes have very generous sized samples and full sized products that are well worth the money. My cheese cream from Enprani  is selling for like, $30 everywhere I look online, same with the Dr. Jart eye cream that we got. If they include deluxe sized products as well as valuable items like I mentioned, they're more than worth the money for me! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I didn't mean to offend anyone, just putting it out there in case any one ever spots a Korean beauty store.  Also I'd check most Asian stores in general.  I've found a shelf of Japanese makeup in a Chinese lingerie store once.  I know of a few grocery stores that sell Japanese skincare/makeup.  (Though from my experience only Korean operated beauty stores give samples without it being a gwp promotion.)  And the 3 masks/lipgloss I got for free was from an online order from ebay (I ordered a few things from the same seller who was in Korea).   

I really can't seem to resist beauty subs either even though I know I have too much stuff.  I saw this thread and ordered the lucky box even though I don't need it. oi.

Quote: Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I didn't mean to offend anyone, just putting it out there in case any one ever spots a Korean beauty store.  Also I'd check most Asian stores in general.  I've found a shelf of Japanese makeup in a Chinese lingerie store once.  I know of a few grocery stores that sell Japanese skincare/makeup.  (Though from my experience only Korean operated beauty stores give samples without it being a gwp promotion.)  And the 3 masks/lipgloss I got for free was from an online order from ebay (I ordered a few things from the same seller who was in Korea).   

I really can't seem to resist beauty subs either even though I know I have too much stuff.  I saw this thread and ordered the lucky box even though I don't need it. oi.

I honestly have a completely different experience/perspective from you! Living in NYC, where there is a lot of access to all types of Asian beauty stores, the beauty products are SO incredibly expensive and while I do agree they give samples quite generously, you do have to spend quite a bit. I'd say on average a full size bottle of BB cream is $35 + tax, which is more than the total cost of this box plus shipping from Korea. That's one of the reasons I've ordered so many of these boxes! Even just for the one full size item~ I would end up paying the price of the entire box at any Asian store in NYC. Plus the samples in any memebox are still more generous than what I've received from asian stores here in NY!

It is a lot more expensive to buy Korean beauty here in the states last time i flew through Korea I picked up 100 sheet masks from Etude house for around $40 I think I will have to look at the price tag though to make sure but of course that was duty free in the airport but they had a nice buy on the etude house lipsticks I think 12 for $30 something  all different colors and full size kicking myself for not buying it 

Quote: Originally Posted by jennwzhu89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I honestly have a completely different experience/perspective from you! Living in NYC, where there is a lot of access to all types of Asian beauty stores, the beauty products are SO incredibly expensive and while I do agree they give samples quite generously, you do have to spend quite a bit. I'd say on average a full size bottle of BB cream is $35 + tax, which is more than the total cost of this box plus shipping from Korea. That's one of the reasons I've ordered so many of these boxes! Even just for the one full size item~ I would end up paying the price of the entire box at any Asian store in NYC. Plus the samples in any memebox are still more generous than what I've received from asian stores here in NY!
I live in SF bay area and I get samples out the wazoo at Korean shops even when I don't buy I somehow end up with samples.  I had the same experience at most laneige stores in and outside the US and also use to work for a Korean company that gave away samples like it was candy (not a beauty related company or I'd never have left) so I thought it was just their thing.  

The boxes look so tempting though so I ordered the lucky box and now I kind of want the 8-10 boxes but gah I don't need them!  I still have unopened boxes from birchbox/ipsy/glossy since we've moved and I can't find anything.  I wish they included makeup in their boxes.  I'd be all over it.  So maybe it's a good thing that they don't because that would be my last thread of resistance.

Quote: Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh there was no offense taken at at all! I re-read my comment and it may have came off a lot differently than it was in my head, lol. I was just saying that even though you are a super lucky duck in having a Korean beauty store nearby, I am not as lucky and I don't think many people are, which is why Memebox is a great option. I had a Korean market nearby before I moved, although it was just food, but it would have been awesome if they sold cosmetics! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The one time I did go to a Korean beauty store, everything was super pricey so I didn't end up buying anything.

I also worry about buying on ebay, even coming from Korea, as I've received TWO counterfeit bottles of Missha cream from two different Korean ebay sellers. I have since found a really great ebayer from Korea, but I'm very happy to have memebox to try new items so I don't have to buy things blindly hoping I will love them.

PS GUYS: I have one more application on the IOPE essence. I've been using the essence in my regular skincare routine and using the oil from box #4 (in the brown box) as a moisturizer and night and my cheese cream during the day, and oh my gosh my skin is SO soft! My fiance gave me a kiss on the cheek today and was like, "woah...you're skin feels super smooth!" lol ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm not sure if it's one of those products or a combination of the two that is making the difference, but I'm super happy with the results!

Hello, Has any of you had to pay customs for #4? Seems like everyone I know (and from what I've seen on youtube and blogs) had got them without any problems, but mine is sitting at the Customs Office since last Friday and today my tracking status changed to "Awaiting customs charge"... I live in UK - did they charge any of you or is it just my bad luck?

Kind of sad because my Peripera leaked! Got my box a few days ago but just opened the packaging now to see this. I emailed them so hopefully they'll get back to me. I know they have really good CS!

Anyone know about a referral program for Memebox?  I read something about sending them an email with a referral & they will give you a $5.00 credit, but I can't find the website anymore.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by farrah3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anyone know about a referral program for Memebox?  I read something about sending them an email with a referral & they will give you a $5.00 credit, but I can't find the website anymore.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
There's no referral program, really. Memebox told their partnering bloggers that if  they wanted to give their followers/readers a credit that they just had to e-mail them and let them know who referred them.

So for example, I started this thread so people were using my blog "HarlotBeauty" as their referral. The person/blog who referrs doesn't get anything, but the reader/referred person does get a $5 credit. If you'd like to use my blog you can, or if you can remember where you first heard about it you can use theirs too. As long as you let memebox know who referred you they'll give you $5 in credit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  There's no referral program, really. Memebox told their partnering bloggers that if  they wanted to give their followers/readers a credit that they just had to e-mail them and let them know who referred them.

So for example, I started this thread so people were using my blog "HarlotBeauty" as their referral. The person/blog who referrs doesn't get anything, but the reader/referred person does get a $5 credit. If you'd like to use my blog you can, or if you can remember where you first heard about it you can use theirs too. As long as you let memebox know who referred you they'll give you $5 in credit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you!

Has anybody used the paypal bill me later feature? I was about to use it to buy the bundle boxes but I read a ton of really bad reviews on that so I'm just concerned...

This bundle is tempting me, but I literally don't even know what my budget looks like right now. New job, new apartment, new life on my own! Mind's spinning already.

Quote: Originally Posted by xiaoyue52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anybody used the paypal bill me later feature? I was about to use it to buy the bundle boxes but I read a ton of really bad reviews on that so I'm just concerned...
Whoa---bad reviews on what?  Memebox bundles or using Paypal bill me later?

Latest posts

Back