Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I prefer standard shipping and a credit back personally! I was hoping they'd make an option where you could chose standard or express. It's not like I use my items up fast enough to be ready for the next box anyway so I can wait it out. For some reason its so hard for me to pay for shipping. I just hate the thought of it lol. Anyway I'm sitting the lucky box out. It's cool they're offering it for people who missed out though! I just don't want any overlapping products. I hope they don't continue the mystery box aspect of the lucky box on future boxes. I kinda like that we all get the same things. The two version thing they're doing now even urks me a bit but I guess most subscription boxes have a few variations soooo eh. I'm still expecting some box envy lol
I think they're doing the Lucky Boxes more so that they can get rid of extra inventory that they've had from previous boxes, I don't think it'll become a normal formula for them though. They will probably do it every now and then to clean house. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll probably get box envy even though I've received all the boxes so far LOL. I'm going to be like, "OH MANNN I wanted a backup of that product sooo jealouss" lol

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I left the signed USPS slip taped to my door, but it was still here when I got home, so no box 4. I'm too busy to take time off work this week, so it might be sent back
frown.gif

You can try calling the post office and letting them know. I signed the back of mine and then begged them to leave it over the phone and they did. Another time I asked my neighbor to pick it up for me and gave her the slip, which as long as you put a friend/family member's name on the back and sign it, they can pick it up for you. It sucks that USPS almost flat out refused to just leave international boxes...like how many of us are home or at the door exactly when the post man comes?
pedro.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You can try calling the post office and letting them know. I signed the back of mine and then begged them to leave it over the phone and they did. Another time I asked my neighbor to pick it up for me and gave her the slip, which as long as you put a friend/family member's name on the back and sign it, they can pick it up for you. It sucks that USPS almost flat out refused to just leave international boxes...like how many of us are home or at the door exactly when the post man comes?
Yeah, it really doesn't make sense since I have a large lockable box, so it's safe. My neighbors work too (at least the ones I know), so I can't ask them. I'll try calling.

Mini rant.... I really get upset about this whole signature required thing. In some cases, I can understand it's needed, but not in this situation. I work full time and have an hour drive to and from work. That's pretty much the norm for where I live. Why do they think people are going to be home between 9 and 5?  Okay... rant over.

My post office hours have slightly shorter hours than I have been used to (since I just moved); they open after I have started work and close before I leave work. While it's not too long of a drive, it does take a good chunk of time to actually go out, drive, pick up the package, and go back to work. I did ask if they would leave it if I signed and was told no, I have to physically sign to get it  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   UPS is starting to do the same thing, so even if I have numerous packages, and the previous notice is for one package, he will only leave the one package and hold onto all the others. 

Since this Lucky Box is shipping standard, that means we don't have to sign for it, correct? That would be wonderful!

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm missing 3 items from my box. Is anyone else missing items? 
:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />( Write their CS! They are amazing and I am certain they will handle it for you. What items are you missing?

Quote: Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I didnt love the tint either because it is ORANGE. Either way mine had leaked inside its little box so I wouldnt have used it anyway. The sizes are so impressive!
Mine spilled too! I used the product that was left and it is soooo orange. My lips looked a but jaundiced. And then I couldn't get it off. Seriously, it was still on when I woke up the next morning. I wrote CS about the spillage and they said they could either send the product or give me a credit, but that they strongly suggested the credit since it might take a while to get the item and even then it might spill again. Great CS!

ugh story of my life!! I think I make a bigger deal out of the cheese cream than I should but I always find it sooo hard to find a cream that feels really rich and moisturizing for the winter that doesn't also make my skin super oily/break-out crazy. Plus the formula is just weird and awesome! lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yep,all of that! Even my favorite winter moisturizer is really just the least oily of the options I have tried. The Cheese Cream feels a little sticky once it's on, but is so moisturizing without being oily... I just love it! Don't know if I could use it in the summer (crazy high humidity here that makes only light, oil free lotions workable for my skin) so I am glad I am using this in the winter!

Quote: Originally Posted by kotoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Drooling over the Box 4's you guys have received. Kicking my sorry self for not getting it. Looks like from the boxes people have received so far, the cheese cream is the ultimate winner, but what are your other faves? I might have splurge on some full sizes to try for myself on this cheese cream...
Besides the Cheese Cream, I am looooving the Dr Jart eye cream! I have very dark under-eye and this is seriously lightening it up! I was pretty surprised how well it has been working since I have used several similar products in the past that didn't do half as well. I will definitely be buying it when I run out, but since this was a full size in the box it will probably be a while. I also really like the Tea Tree Essence. It's been working quite well at quickly minimizing blemishes, and is light enough to wear on my oily skin under makeup. Which reminds me that I have been wearing the BB cream from the 2nd box, as well as the primer! Both are fantastic. I have never had a foundation make my skin look this good. I am a total BB cream convert now.

Oh, and I forgot about the foam shampoo! Tried it out today, and really liked it! I am not a fan of the aerosol dry shampoos I have used, but I LOVE this foam one! I did have to use a fair amount of product on my insane thick hair to get the results I wanted, but I was overall really happy! My hair ended up feeling like it was freshly washed, instead of how the aerosols can make it feel crunchy and gritty, not to mention the smell. Going to use it a few more times to make sure it wasn't a fluke, but I will almost definitely be pre-purchasing if it continues to make me this happy!

Didn't get 7, not getting the lucky box lol can't wait to see what everyone got though. Does anyone have a regimen with the products from box 2-4? I want to try to use as much in one go but like, is essence a toner or moisturizer?! I'm sorry, I'm new to all this. The only thing that works on my face is clean & Clear & the soap my dermatologist auntie makes in the Philippines. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Skipping the Lucky Box. I'll have boxes 2-7 once they all ship, so I definitely don't feel like I'm missing out. Plus I'd rather leave them available for people who are just finding out about Memebox & haven't had a chance to order the earlier ones. 

I DO like that they're offering credit again instead of expedited shipping. I hope that sticks for the next few releases! I'd MUCH rather have the boxes cost me a little less. The fast shipping is nice, but I also have SO many products to test out already that it's not really going to bother me if the next ones take longer to get to me. 

I didn't get an email notifying me for #6 or #5-2

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am suscribed to their newsletter I missed out on those, but I got # 7 and the lucky box​

Quote: Originally Posted by xiaoyue52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get an email notifying me for #6 or #5-2
frown.gif
I am suscribed to their newsletter I missed out on those, but I got # 7 and the lucky box​
Yeah, I don't get those emails either! I get emails from them on product deals. And I got one today for the Lucky box, but nothing for any of the other boxes. I just check this thread. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Caved on the lucky box since I've managed to follow the thread without buying yet

Not buying lucky box . I have 5-7 on order. Can't wait to blog my reviews. And I don't get boxes sent to review so I pay for them . Saving pennies

Quote: Originally Posted by SunflowerinLC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My gosh, I thought I would be proud of myself for practicing some self restraint and not ordering #7..Truth is, I am kind of kicking myself for not ordering it now! Oh well, bring on a "Best Of" box and I will be all over that!!lol Love me some Meme 
wink.gif

same here :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />(( I am kicking myself right now!!

My box #4 came in today - I have ordered #5 but not #6 or #7 because I thought the hype was a bit much and I would wait for #4 to arrive - all gone now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am SUCH a numbskull.

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Didn't get 7, not getting the lucky box lol can't wait to see what everyone got though.

Does anyone have a regimen with the products from box 2-4? I want to try to use as much in one go but like, is essence a toner or moisturizer?! I'm sorry, I'm new to all this. The only thing that works on my face is clean &
Clear & the soap my dermatologist auntie makes in the Philippines.
biggrin.gif

And essence is a toner. However it's not usually an "astringent" so it's not harsh on your skin. Korean "essence/toners" are usually safe on sensitive skin and won't tingle or burn. Many of them have light moisturizing properties as well, however it's still important to use a moisturizer of some kind.

I don't really have a regimen right now as I'm just playing with everything! I have found that everything is gentle enough where nothing has broken me out yet, though. I've been using the cleanser we got in box #1, and lately have been using the IOPE essence, but i'll switch to another soon since it's only 3 days worth. Then I use a VERY small amount of an oil, as a serum (lately it's either the tea tree essence or the oil in the brown box from box #4) and once that absorbs I use a moisturizer and the Dr. Jart eye cream. If I'm having an oily day I skip the serum. I've also been mixing it up as I go so I can try out a little bit of everything.

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />( Write their CS! They are amazing and I am certain they will handle it for you. What items are you missing?

Mine spilled too! I used the product that was left and it is soooo orange. My lips looked a but jaundiced. And then I couldn't get it off. Seriously, it was still on when I woke up the next morning. I wrote CS about the spillage and they said they could either send the product or give me a credit, but that they strongly suggested the credit since it might take a while to get the item and even then it might spill again. Great CS!
I missed the first to items on the sheet and the orange lip stain. I really wanted that orange stain I have a chocolate brown skin tone so orange lip products tend to look really good on me. 

And essence is a toner. However it's not usually an "astringent" so it's not harsh on your skin. Korean "essence/toners" are usually safe on sensitive skin and won't tingle or burn. Many of them have light moisturizing properties as well, however it's still important to use a moisturizer of some kind.

I don't really have a regimen right now as I'm just playing with everything! I have found that everything is gentle enough where nothing has broken me out yet, though. I've been using the cleanser we got in box #1, and lately have been using the IOPE essence, but i'll switch to another soon since it's only 3 days worth. Then I use a VERY small amount of an oil, as a serum (lately it's either the tea tree essence or the oil in the brown box from box #4) and once that absorbs I use a moisturizer and the Dr. Jart eye cream. If I'm having an oily day I skip the serum. I've also been mixing it up as I go so I can try out a little bit of everything.
Those cleansers and mists/toners are so tempting that I think I might buy the lucky box in hope there will be some of 'em in it. If I have doubles there is always the exchange memebox board :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back