Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Box #7 is SOLD OUT!!!
Whew, glad I jumped on that a few days ago. Kinda shocked when I looked at account this morning though and had to think of  the best way to tell hubby.

Bought the Lucky box! I was about to purchase #7 and it sold out, so the Lucky Box it is! Standard shipping for this one though, but the website says we will get $5 in points back. If it arrives around mid-March like it says it should, it will be a wonderful birthday present :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bought the Lucky box! I was about to purchase #7 and it sold out, so the Lucky Box it is!
Bought it too! Told you guys and then off to Memebox! They say all boxes will be different! They will have same number of items just different products! They products are from former boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by eliu8108 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Bought the Lucky box! I was about to purchase #7 and it sold out, so the Lucky Box it is! Standard shipping for this one though, but the website says we will get $5 in points back.

I prefer standard shipping and a credit back personally! I was hoping they'd make an option where you could chose standard or express. It's not like I use my items up fast enough to be ready for the next box anyway so I can wait it out. For some reason its so hard for me to pay for shipping. I just hate the thought of it lol. Anyway I'm sitting the lucky box out. It's cool they're offering it for people who missed out though! I just don't want any overlapping products. I hope they don't continue the mystery box aspect of the lucky box on future boxes. I kinda like that we all get the same things. The two version thing they're doing now even urks me a bit but I guess most subscription boxes have a few variations soooo eh. I'm still expecting some box envy lol

I want the lucky box sooooo much! I hope it's still in stock on Thursday when I get paid. They haven't been selling out in less than 2 days, have they?! Honestly, no matter what box they are selling on Thursday, I will buy it. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My wallet can't handle this! I was hoping 7 would stick around for a while, since I really can't afford it right now. But I cancelled Glossybox, so I'm using that as justification for buying the Lucky Box. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hoping I'll get some of the products from the boxes I missed, but I'd really love some of the Holika Holika cream from Box 2. It's my favorite thing I've tried so far. 

I don't think I will need a lucky box since I have received all the previous ones. I would like to possibly get one just to see what some of the "new" products mixed in there would be, but I think it's a great box for anyone who missed out on the majority of the past boxes. Can't wait to see what everyone gets!

I'm torn on the lucky box. So far, I got Box 2, 5-2, ad 7. So there's a little bit of chance for overlap for not too terrible...

Quote: Originally Posted by kotoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm torn on the lucky box. So far, I got Box 2, 5-2, ad 7. So there's a little bit of chance for overlap for not too terrible...
I did say that #7 was not included in the lucky box, so at least there's that!

ALSO for anyone that is getting the Lucky box, Standard shipping is a LOT slower than Express, so just keep that in mind when purchasing!

Standard shipping normally takes 15~22 days from the day we ship out the box. 
Express shipping normally takes about 5~7 days. 

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I did say that #7 was not included in the lucky box, so at least there's that!
It's a little hard to justify paying upfront for SO many boxes though! I know this is where most of us have this HUGE love-hate relationship with Memebox.

I ordered #7 a few days ago after restraining myself for a while, so as soon as I got the lucky box email I grabbed it too! I hope mine has the cheese cream so I can see what all the love is about!

I have never actually received a Memebox, already pre-ordered 3 boxes, and I have sooo many makeup/skincare items already to use. Even though I am tempted by the Luckybox, I should probably sit this one out and just wait on the boxes I already ordered. 

It's a little hard to justify paying upfront for SO many boxes though! I know this is where most of us have this HUGE love-hate relationship with Memebox.

haha I knowww! I am very lucky and grateful that memebox send me complimentary boxes to review, however the downside to that is I never know if/when they plan to stop sending them to their blogging partners. I also don't know if I'm getting the 5.2 or 6.2 or lucky box! I kind of want to buy a lucky box but money is tight and I'm worried I'll be bummed if they ship me one anyway. I would e-mail them but I always feel bad as a blogger being like "so are you sending me more stuff or what?" LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha I knowww! I am very lucky and grateful that memebox send me complimentary boxes to review, however the downside to that is I never know if/when they plan to stop sending them to their blogging partners. I also don't know if I'm getting the 5.2 or 6.2 or lucky box! I kind of want to buy a lucky box but money is tight and I'm worried I'll be bummed if they ship me one anyway. I would e-mail them but I always feel bad as a blogger being like "so are you sending me more stuff or what?" LOL
LOLOL I can see how that would be awkward, but maybe if you phrased it like "hey I just wanted to know about the status of blogger boxes and if I should plan on ordering Memeboxes in the future because they're so awesome and I'd hate to miss out!"

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have never actually received a Memebox, already pre-ordered 3 boxes, and I have sooo many makeup/skincare items already to use. Even though I am tempted by the Luckybox, I should probably sit this one out and just wait on the boxes I already ordered. 
See that's the downfall of this box. You've preordered THREE boxes and still haven't even received one. I really, really love this box and think it's one of the best out there, but the way they release boxes and continuously change the price/shipping methods/etc make it hard for me to review. As soon as I say that a certain box is available it sells out, as soon as I lay out the shipping costs/methods they change it...

I know they are new to the US and they are kind of in a "beta" stage, if you will, so I just kind of go with the flow. But I'm hoping that things start to smooth out a bit once they've done some trial and error and see what works best for them.

Welp, just realized that I was seriously considering buying a cheese cream at ~$30 to try out anyways, so why the heck not buy a lucky box? XD

I prefer standard shipping and a credit back personally! I was hoping they'd make an option where you could chose standard or express. It's not like I use my items up fast enough to be ready for the next box anyway so I can wait it out. For some reason its so hard for me to pay for shipping. I just hate the thought of it lol. Anyway I'm sitting the lucky box out. It's cool they're offering it for people who missed out though! I just don't want any overlapping products. I hope they don't continue the mystery box aspect of the lucky box on future boxes. I kinda like that we all get the same things. The two version thing they're doing now even urks me a bit but I guess most subscription boxes have a few variations soooo eh. I'm still expecting some box envy lol
I agree with everything you said. With ipsy, the variations tend to make people upset. I like the totally equal boxes because we didn't miss on something we could have really enjoyed. As for the lucky box, I'm skipping it too. Don't need duplicates even though I've missed some boxes and would love whatever they threw in. I just can't chance it.

Welp, just realized that I was seriously considering buying a cheese cream at ~$30 to try out anyways, so why the heck not buy a lucky box? XD
ugh story of my life!! I think I make a bigger deal out of the cheese cream than I should but I always find it sooo hard to find a cream that feels really rich and moisturizing for the winter that doesn't also make my skin super oily/break-out crazy. Plus the formula is just weird and awesome! lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And you're right about the way I word the e-mail..I do try to do that, but I feel like I'm asking them all the time lol. I'm like "hey just wanted to know if you're sending #4 to bloggers or if I should order it myself?" I guess I should just wait and see and hope for the best haha. I loooove reviewing these boxes. They're so much fun to test and experiment with!

Latest posts

Back