Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't mean to be an enabler. : ) but I agree! LOL
Haha you don't MEAN to be enabler..but you totally are ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just bought 7!

Now NO MORE for a while, ok Memebox?

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think what @devadorned meant to say is that it's sometimes hard to calculate the retail value of samples for products not easily available in the US. I know that Laneige products are expensive, but I personally would have a hard time figuring out RV for lesser known brands, especially if international online retailers don't carry them. It doesn't mean that the products are bad or cheap, we just don't know how much they cost, that't it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yep sorry this is exactly what I meant! For example I was trying to find the ingredients for a sunscreen from a box, and was confused by the prices I was seeing. And for many products I couldn't find information about them online at all - doesn't mean they aren't fantastic quality! Just that google is not helping ;p Certainly not implying bargain basement dollar store prices here!! It's just not exactly what was listed every time.

In order to stay in business with a gross profit, a company MUST be spending less than it is selling, this is just fact. As I said, Birchbox (less high-end than Memebox likely) and Sample Society (maybe similar level?) certainly have special deals with the high end brands.

Anyway I have already ordered #5 and #7, as it doesn't really matter the monetary MSRP- ~10 lovely products from full to sample size for the cost of this box is more than enough value for me!

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How long does it usually take a box to sell out?

6-2 sold out in less than 2 days!
i would say the average is 2 days.

in a week we have box 5,5.2,6,6.2, 7 .luckily box 7 has stayed around since sat night which hopefully means everyone has box overload and caught up,i would rather the next box before end of feb release would be a best of box from previous.cause i need a rest before box8 goes up for preorder, just like the rest of you.

How long does it usually take a box to sell out? 6-2 sold out in less than 2 days!
They sell quickly. Once word got out, they were selling out within one or two days. They usually put up the next box once the supply for the current box is low which is suggesting to me that they either stocked 7 better or people stopped ordering as much. Edit: I was able to pick up my box today! I'm thrilled with it and I loled at vampire face. Makes me regret skipping six but this is going to last me some time.

After a few long months of subscription burnout, this box has rejuvenated my excitement for new products again. So many interesting things to try! After reading over this thread, I was able to get in on box 4, and then purchased 5 when it became available. I cant believe how fast the new boxes got posted after that, but as you've all pointed out, it's so hard to keep up with the cost. In my mind, I am going to treat this as a monthly sub, and just buy whatever box is available during each month.

Quote: Originally Posted by devadorned /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I do not think the monetary value of the boxes is as high as they say it is :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also like other subs they likely get super cheap/free items!!

They absolutely are valued at that price! I buy Korean products regularly and some of the items in the memeboxes I have seen before at the price they have suggested. I'm sure some are "retail price" which is rarely what people pay for items, but they are definitely pricey! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm sure they get items complimentary from companies but it's still a great value for us! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  After a few long months of subscription burnout, this box has rejuvenated my excitement for new products again. So many interesting things to try! After reading over this thread, I was able to get in on box 4, and then purchased 5 when it became available. I cant believe how fast the new boxes got posted after that, but as you've all pointed out, it's so hard to keep up with the cost. In my mind, I am going to treat this as a monthly sub, and just buy whatever box is available during each month.

It's absolutely awesome and you're going to love it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My husband said he found a note on the door from the post office trying to deliver box 4. I changed my address on the site to my office, so this should be the last time I have to deal with this whole signature required thing.
Yea that's the one thing that sucks about international packages. I had to hike to the Post Office in the snow today just to get #4. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yea that's the one thing that sucks about international packages. I had to hike to the Post Office in the snow today just to get #4. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm so sorry MissJexie. Did you get some exercise in today??? : ) I got my #4 today too! How do you like it?

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so sorry MissJexie. Did you get some exercise in today??? : ) I got my #4 today too! How do you like it?
I am REALLY excited about it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm going to play with everything for a bit and then spend the rest of the night getting a review done!

I received box 4 Saturday. I am loving it!!!! There were so many items! I could not believe it really. The craziest thing is how fast it got to my house! Tracking said it was shipped from Korea on Jan 29th and I had it in hand Feb 1st. Thats impressive!

SHEESH. I'm gone for a few days to take care of moving into a new apartment and starting a new job and I miss TWO Box 6's?! WTF MEMEBOX.

And I just ordered 7. After today's terrifying experience of driving in the snow, I do not even have the self control to care. If Korean beauty products will make me feel better, then goshdarnit I will get them!

I finally got #4 today (It was here on Friday but I missed the mailman and was too lazy to get it on Saturday) and also finally got  review up. Took FOREVER seeing as how they loaded this one up with products! I noticed this time there were only 2 full sized products, but sometimes I don't even realize it considering how generous the "deluxe samples" are.

I think the only thing I'm not a fan of is the peripera lip tint. It looks super orangey on me and is a bit difficult to apply. I think it would look great on someone who has a bit more natural pigment to their lips as mine are completely pigment-less!

I can't decide on my favorite item in the box is yet because I'm still playing with everything, but I'm super excited to try the IOPE Bio Essence as it makes some serious claims, and I think some of the facial oils felt so amazing on my skin and absorbed so well, so I'm excited to try those out more too.

Nothing has beat my beloved "cheese cream" from box #3, but I'll know for sure once I get a bit more time with everything! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I finally got #4 today (It was here on Friday but I missed the mailman and was too lazy to get it on Saturday) and also finally got  review up. Took FOREVER seeing as how they loaded this one up with products! I noticed this time there were only 2 full sized products, but sometimes I don't even realize it considering how generous the "deluxe samples" are. I think the only thing I'm not a fan of is the peripera lip tint. It looks super orangey on me and is a bit difficult to apply. I think it would look great on someone who has a bit more natural pigment to their lips as mine are completely pigment-less! I can't decide on my favorite item in the box is yet because I'm still playing with everything, but I'm super excited to try the IOPE Bio Essence as it makes some serious claims, and I think some of the facial oils felt so amazing on my skin and absorbed so well, so I'm excited to try those out more too. Nothing has beat my beloved "cheese cream" from box #3, but I'll know for sure once I get a bit more time with everything! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You and your beloved cream Cheese!!! LOL you are so funny! But so right!!! It is out of this world and feels so good once on!! Otherwise I feel like I'm playing with hits glue like in grade school and we use to cover everything with the stuff and peel it off and stick it on stuff and and rub it to get the print up and stick it again somewhere! Yes' it was 45+ years ago but I remember it!!! I know you think I'm picking on you MissJexie, but that's because you make me laugh and think positively about things! Thank you so much. You are a God send! I love playing with the stuff in the boxes and if I play too much I might not have any left to do what I suppose to do with it!!! As I said in an earlier post these are grown women toys! Expensive but toys none the less!!! Well have a great night!

Latest posts

Back