Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wait .. what? 

They sold out of box #5.... and so there's a second fifth box.. o_O.. but I haven't gotten 4 yet.. what's going on. I don't want to miss out but gee.. give me time to get the fourth one.. or at least tell me what's in my box lol... I can't keep ordering without looking haha it's pricey if it adds up !

It's possible that box 5.2 (lol) is probably just another version of box 5 since they sold out so quickly. I have e-mailed them a few times with random questions but they are so ridiculously busy with all the new subscribers and stuff. They told me recently that a LOT of people are missing out on boxes and keep asking if they'll be back in stock or when the new one is, and I think they're trying to make everyone happy and pump out boxes so everyone can get one. Hopefully they'll cool it a bit soon since they're reviewers haven't even received the 4th box and they're already sold out. The goal is to send the reviewers boxes so that other people will see them/buy them, but their timing is way off.

The just launched a couple of months ago in the US, so I know they're still working out the kinks, but hopefully when all the business calms down a bit they'll figure out a more structured way to release boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  just got out the bath to an email for  box 5 part 2,this is all getting confusing now.

i think they need to hold off box 6 till the end of feb when box 5 sends or all the boxes will be sold up to august by febuary.
Ha, that is exactly what I have been thinking! I can totally see them rushing to sell most box editions as the previous ones sell out until we get into 2015! Hoping they slow their steam engine down a bit soon cause this is getting insane.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's possible that box 5.2 (lol) is probably just another version of box 5 since they sold out so quickly. I have e-mailed them a few times with random questions but they are so ridiculously busy with all the new subscribers and stuff. They told me recently that a LOT of people are missing out on boxes and keep asking if they'll be back in stock or when the new one is, and I think they're trying to make everyone happy and pump out boxes so everyone can get one. Hopefully they'll cool it a bit soon since they're reviewers haven't even received the 4th box and they're already sold out. The goal is to send the reviewers boxes so that other people will see them/buy them, but their timing is way off.

The just launched a couple of months ago in the US, so I know they're still working out the kinks, but hopefully when all the business calms down a bit they'll figure out a more structured way to release boxes.
Yeah, it doesn't seem like they were planning on it being quite this popular!  You bloggers did a great job of getting the word out about them, but you do need to get the boxes before us plebes if they are looking to promote it that way. I'm sure they will settle down, but I am having visions of the people at Meme box in one of those iconic NYSE scenes where people are freaking out about buying and selling, faster and faster and faster. 

I suppose the 5-2 might be 5 with possible leftovers from previous boxes. Not sure, but I think I will be holding off on this one. Hope I don't regret it!

Yeah, it doesn't seem like they were planning on it being quite this popular!  You bloggers did a great job of getting the word out about them, but you do need to get the boxes before us plebes if they are looking to promote it that way. I'm sure they will settle down, but I am having visions of the people at Meme box in one of those iconic NYSE scenes where people are freaking out about buying and selling, faster and faster and faster.  I suppose the 5-2 might be 5 with possible leftovers from previous boxes. Not sure, but I think I will be holding off on this one. Hope I don't regret it!
I didn't even get an email but I already ordered the original 5 so I'm going to say no. It does sound like they ran out of a few items in the original and replaced them with something else.

Quote: Originally Posted by ellesnails /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't even get an email but I already ordered the original 5 so I'm going to say no. It does sound like they ran out of a few items in the original and replaced them with something else.
I didn't get an email about it either, which I assumed was because I had already ordered #5 as well.

Picked up my 2nd edition box 
icon_lol.gif
  Can't wait to try the BB cream! 

Ordered 5-2 though since I was so bummed I didn't make it in time for box 5.

Dang, I'd planned on ordering 5 on payday (Friday).  I hope 5.2 isn't sold out by the time the weekend gets here!

I didnt get an email either, I just inquired about box 5 & they sent me a link to box 5.2 lol

I just talked my Sis into ordering this and she asked whether or not they are still doing the s/h credit? I knew you would probably be the best to ask about this!lol

Quote: Originally Posted by SunflowerinLC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just talked my Sis into ordering this and she asked whether or not they are still doing the s/h credit? I knew you would probably be the best to ask about this!lol
Unfortunately they're not doing the s/h credit anymore, but they give you a $5 credit when you sign up, and another $5 credit when you e-mail them and let them know who referred you (if it was me, that would be HarlotBeauty) if it was another blog, then it would be them. So she'll get a $10 credit overall. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Unfortunately they're not doing the s/h credit anymore, but they give you a $5 credit when you sign up, and another $5 credit when you e-mail them and let them know who referred you (if it was me, that would be HarlotBeauty) if it was another blog, then it would be them. So she'll get a $10 credit overall. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
TY for the info.! I just advised her to let them know you referred her 
wink.gif
 I just got the 2nd edition box today and I am super excited to try everything out! I can't even tell you how much I am anticipating the 4th & 5th boxes. I love the surprise factor on these!

MIssJexie, you have been so awesome helpful for everyone here on this thread! I so appreciate all the help and awareness you gave all of us here so we could order some awesome boxes from a company that is trying very hard to satisfy us all. I appreciate the company for trying to keep us all happy! I hope we don't drive them too crazy!!!! LOL. They probably appreciate the business and glad to get their name into the USA beauty market! I do hope they start subscription boxes soon or they are going to drive us all crazy trying to keep buying boxes!!! LOL. But Rachel! you are appreciated and I wanted to publicly thank you!!! So, thank you sweet lady for arranging everything and letting us know about them. Nancy

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MIssJexie, you have been so awesome helpful for everyone here on this thread! I so appreciate all the help and awareness you gave all of us here so we could order some awesome boxes from a company that is trying very hard to satisfy us all. I appreciate the company for trying to keep us all happy! I hope we don't drive them too crazy!!!! LOL. They probably appreciate the business and glad to get their name into the USA beauty market! I do hope they start subscription boxes soon or they are going to drive us all crazy trying to keep buying boxes!!! LOL. But Rachel! you are appreciated and I wanted to publicly thank you!!! So, thank you sweet lady for arranging everything and letting us know about them.
Nancy
Aww you are definitely the sweetest person ever! 
rolleyes.gif
You're so welcome. I just really love the service and knew you all would too!

Since the tracking for 4 wasn't showing up on the site I asked CS to send me the number. Looks like it should be getting on the plane tonight/tomorrow!

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Dang, I'd planned on ordering 5 on payday (Friday).  I hope 5.2 isn't sold out by the time the weekend gets here!
Ditto! I already received 2 & 3 (4 coming soon!) and I LOVE them, so I definitely want to get 5 but...my budget just can't handle 4 boxes from the same place in a week-ish. If it were one box per month or every few weeks, it would be easier on my wallet!

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ditto! I already received 2 & 3 (4 coming soon!) and I LOVE them, so I definitely want to get 5 but...my budget just can't handle 4 boxes from the same place in a week-ish. If it were one box per month or every few weeks, it would be easier on my wallet!

They sort of have been one per month (or almost). I got #1 in November. #2 started shipping in December but arrived in Jan (it just came late due to weather/holiday shipping backup), and #3 came in January. #4 is coming for February, and #5/#5.2 are pre-orders so I'm assuming they'll mid-late February.

The only reason why it seems like there have been sooo many at once is because they kept re-releasing older boxes at the request of people that missed out on them, and releasing newer ones at the same time.

I think they should get on track shortly with the releasing of boxes. They've only launched recently so it'll take some time to work out the kinks. I know how tempting it is to get all the boxes, though! They're such a great value!

They sort of have been one per month (or almost). I got #1 in November. #2 started shipping in December but arrived in Jan (it just came late due to weather/holiday shipping backup), and #3 came in January. #4 is coming for February, and #5/#5.2 are pre-orders so I'm assuming they'll mid-late February.

The only reason why it seems like there have been sooo many at once is because they kept re-releasing older boxes at the request of people that missed out on them, and releasing newer ones at the same time.

I think they should get on track shortly with the releasing of boxes. They've only launched recently so it'll take some time to work out the kinks. I know how tempting it is to get all the boxes, though! They're such a great value!
That's all very true. I keep forgetting these aren't really current boxes! Once I catch up, it should be just fine. 

I'm definitely planning on ordering as many of these as I can though. Seriously fantastic deal, even with the price increase & shipping! 

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's all very true. I keep forgetting these aren't really current boxes! Once I catch up, it should be just fine. 

I'm definitely planning on ordering as many of these as I can though. Seriously fantastic deal, even with the price increase & shipping! 

Considering I would buy something like, 1 or 2 products from the website prettyandcute and pay $50+, I would MUCH rather go with the surprise items memebox!
wink.gif
Perfect example is the eye cream from Dr. Jart that was in the 3rd box! Check out the retail! http://www.prettyandcute.com/Dr-Jart-V7-Eye-Serum-Fundamental-Discovery-p5896.html

Latest posts

Back